Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Dropped the bike!  (Read 9904 times)

PinkE

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Dropped the bike!
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2016, 03:31:06 PM »

I'm speaking for myself here and I will be honest...As we age I'm 66 now, things start to change, we have no control over this, you just have to learn to listen to your own body, and your Dr. We start to lose our balance, our eyesight worsens, our judgement gets a little out of wack.  Sometimes the medications we are on has a lot to do with this, I myself had to park my scooter for a while due to dizzy spells that were caused by some meds I am on, I just didn't feel right and felt I was in danger of hurting myself or someone else.  I parked it for over a year and now I am doing much better and feel I can ride safe again.  My point here for all YOU big tough guys...LISTEN to your bodys, if you don't feel right, don't get on that bike...Tom, I hope you feel better real soon.

Sue
MY Broom is an `04 FLHTCUI Lehman Trike and I Love flyin on it!!!

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2016, 04:01:35 PM »

I'm speaking for myself here and I will be honest...As we age I'm 66 now, things start to change, we have no control over this, you just have to learn to listen to your own body, and your Dr. We start to lose our balance, our eyesight worsens, our judgement gets a little out of wack.  Sometimes the medications we are on has a lot to do with this, I myself had to park my scooter for a while due to dizzy spells that were caused by some meds I am on, I just didn't feel right and felt I was in danger of hurting myself or someone else.  I parked it for over a year and now I am doing much better and feel I can ride safe again.  My point here for all YOU big tough guys...LISTEN to your bodys, if you don't feel right, don't get on that bike...Tom, I hope you feel better real soon.

Sue

Thanks for the advise!
 :2vrolijk_21:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

gpopvet

• Elite CVO Member
  • 74 and still riding hard.
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Trike
    • CVO2: 2022 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2016, 07:45:11 AM »

I have been following hope you are feeling better. Ride safe and ride soon.
2021 CVO Trike
2022 CVO Road Glide Ultra

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2016, 02:02:25 PM »

Not judging, just curious, did you wear a helmet when you hit the street?

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2016, 02:17:28 PM »

sorry to hear about the drop, but how's the bike
Sorry about what happened but the second part of this response is usually what most of us ask first before we think about what may have happened to us. :huepfenlol2:

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2013 Road King
    • HVAC
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2016, 11:21:52 PM »

I hope you are doing better. I had a similar deal when I went down on my bike. I thought I was fine other than some back pain. They had me on the ambulance and I was arguing about being fine. Well my daughter had shown up by now. I was not far from their place. She gave me what for and insisted I go in and be checked. Then the EMS feller told me of a rider he had on the ambulance a bit back. The guy seemed fine and insisted he go home. They finally let him get out and go. Within a half hour he was dead. Apparently a blood vessel in his brain had broke in the accident. Not a serious mark on the guy. His helmet had a slight ding on it and scrapes similar to mine. That story scared me a bit so I went for the ride. They did all kinds of scans mri and stuff. Turned out I had two cracked discs in my back. Would the ride have saved the other guy? They could not possibly predict this but told me he might have at least had a chance if he were at the hospital.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.