Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: CVO Road Glide?  (Read 13173 times)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: CVO Road Glide?
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2016, 05:58:22 PM »

I have a 2013 CVO Roadglide custom. My 3rd CVO and second CVO Roadglide. I'm thinking this will be my last Harley. Either build with ss engine or get BMW or Triumph
Tired of all the lack of quality and lack of mother Harley caring about its customers.. I'm with big Lewis... I'm out!
There is no more difficult company to deal with then BMW. Certainly not saying HD is easy but BMW can be beyond ridiculous

Alan

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2016, 09:11:05 PM »

'Have felt a little frustration for 40 years now,,, but there is nothing like a well sorted Harley...

Don't get me wrong,,, I have had to sort out the other brands as well...
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2016, 01:09:53 PM »

There is no more difficult company to deal with then BMW. Certainly not saying HD is easy but BMW can be beyond ridiculous

That's why that BMW stands for Bitch Moan Whine..
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2016, 06:02:43 PM »

I have a 2013 CVO Roadglide custom. My 3rd CVO and second CVO Roadglide. I'm thinking this will be my last Harley. Either build with ss engine or get BMW or Triumph
Tired of all the lack of quality and lack of mother Harley caring about its customers.. I'm with big Lewis... I'm out!
BMW Tourers are not without issues, I owned their flagship model 1600 GTL Exclusive for 4 months, multiple issues (brakes, tranny, exhaust) and 2 recalls during that time; the BMW dealer bought it back, and by the way tires wear very fast 4 - 5k. So beware,  and my friends Triumph has been in the shop for 3 weeks awaiting an ignition part.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2016, 06:24:08 PM »

I'm sure but they don't cost $42k either.

BigLew

SteveVO

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2016, 12:18:31 AM »

Little off topic but gonna ask, so went from a Soft tail to Street Glide, and I am really loving the extra room, comfort and wind protection.  Looked at the RGs but it seems like hey offer way less wind protection (hands seem exposed) than a Bat wing fairing bike offers.  So is it just the looks or does a frame mounted fairing make a huge difference?  Trying to understand why folks like the RG.  :nixweiss:
Nothing exceeds like excess!!

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2016, 06:39:44 AM »

Little off topic but gonna ask, so went from a Soft tail to Street Glide, and I am really loving the extra room, comfort and wind protection.  Looked at the RGs but it seems like hey offer way less wind protection (hands seem exposed) than a Bat wing fairing bike offers.  So is it just the looks or does a frame mounted fairing make a huge difference?  Trying to understand why folks like the RG.  :nixweiss:

You may want to read through this older thread for opinions on shark vs. bat  :

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=65134.0

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2016, 07:41:26 AM »

I agree. I had a BMW and sold it to a friend. After about 2 years of riding it either the lifters or a valve had an issue (can't remember for sure at the moment). Took 9 weeks for him to get his bike back.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2016, 08:18:31 AM »

I have had three CVO Road glides and recently traded the 15 CVO road Glide for a 17 CVO street glide. 

For me the road glide offers more wind protection.  Once I find the right shield the Street glide my become equal.  However between the lowers and the fairing much more air gets to my upper legs on the street glide, really noticeable in the cold.

At slow parking lot and parking speed when you turn the handle bars on a street glide you get weight shift, on a road glide you do not.  I also feel above 75~80 mph the road glide is more stable.  The road glide does better in cross winds.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2016, 10:16:56 AM »

but, they're ugly and the headlights don't turn with the handlebars, and the controls on the radio are too far away.....  :huepfenjump3:
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2016, 10:24:33 AM »

Funny, I can say it appears that I need a taller windscreen on my road glide than on a batwing to push air over the top. So to me taller looks uglier?? Least it appears that way to me.

BigLew

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2016, 11:27:06 AM »

Plus on a RG your glasss staty steady on your face. Took a limited for a test ride with my girl and her comment was you are NOT getting one of these EVER, told her not to worry. I would say go take an RG for a good long test ride any dealer will be happy to help. Also I noticed a lot of air comes at you from under the fairing. My 2 cent
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

mark

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2016, 08:02:53 PM »

I'm really bummed at this point. Even went by and looked at the new Indian. Man that thing is ugly.

BigLew
Bet that new Indian doesn't need new lifters, compensator, etc from the get-go.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 08:05:12 PM by Mark »

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2016, 12:31:41 AM »

I have had three CVO Road glides and recently traded the 15 CVO road Glide for a 17 CVO street glide. 

For me the road glide offers more wind protection.  Once I find the right shield the Street glide my become equal.  However between the lowers and the fairing much more air gets to my upper legs on the street glide, really noticeable in the cold.

At slow parking lot and parking speed when you turn the handle bars on a street glide you get weight shift, on a road glide you do not.  I also feel above 75~80 mph the road glide is more stable.  The road glide does better in cross winds.
Like Dave I always had (and still do) RG's but got the 17 SG and agree with Dave on cross winds. When I first got the SG I was getting hammered by the wind and was reluctant to change the shield because I loved the way it looked but after a 100 mile jaunt on the freeway I couldn't take it. I needed up going with the Memphis Shades 8 1/2 spoiler shield and now I would say the wind protection is at least as good as the RG with a Cee Bailey 18 inch step shield.
For me the difference between the RG and SG is very little. I know that statement will upset some but I really think it comes down to what you prefer. I personally love them both!
Alan

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2016, 09:04:43 AM »

Have had two Road Glides and would get another. I feel claustrophobic on a Streel Glide or Ultra. They have no room to "move".  It's what you get used to.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.