Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Disconnecting 2017 CVO Breakout gas tank vent line?  (Read 2186 times)

Zombiehead

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA
Disconnecting 2017 CVO Breakout gas tank vent line?
« on: August 17, 2017, 01:57:40 AM »

Any one ever have to remove the 2 (I believe they are vent lines) on CVO Breakout? I unhooked gas tank and found out these 2 lines are miles long running completely through the whole bike. How to disconnect?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Disconnecting 2017 CVO Breakout gas tank vent line?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 12:12:54 PM »

The lines are actually in three pieces, see attached drawing.  If you can't easily remove the lines where they attach to the vent tubes of the tank, follow those lines to where they attach to the longer section that runs back to the swingarm area.  The connections will be tight and take some effort to twist and pull apart.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Zombiehead

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 12:31:57 PM »

Jerry,
Awesome! I figured there was a connection there, but there's a sleeve #24 that i guess i need to cut to pull apart there? Also how do i get rest of the top panel off tank where the braided lines go into. I unscrewed the bolt for that by the seat, but up by the lines there's screws underneath where the lines go into tank do those line pull off? Then the panel will remove? I thought it would be simple to take tank off unfortunately not.

Thanks

Scott

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 05:54:17 PM »

I believe what you're calling a sleeve is just a piece of rubber hose used to connect the top part of the system to the lower part.  Try twisting and pulling to separate it from the upper section.

You might want to get a copy of the shop manual for the Breakout before tearing into stuff.  I'm guessing there probably aren't many folks around here who have removed a Breakout fuel tank, based on the lack of responses so far.  I wish I could help with more details, but I don't have hands-on experience with your model.

Jerry
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 05:56:02 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Zombiehead

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 06:01:48 PM »

Jerry,
Thanks for all your help. Actually I went out after your first response and examined the vent line a little bit more and where the line terminate in to the tank, the left one just turn it a slight turn to the outside and pull out it's a dummy vent line the right side same thing exctthe tubing goes onto a sorta hose barb fitting but without the barbs and you just pull up on that also it's a bit herder due to it's connected. Then remove the 2 screws that are directly under them and u can leave the whole vent cover assembly on and slide tank out was very easy actually! Now to repaint!

Page created in 0.25 seconds with 21 queries.