Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Voltmeter is fluctuating while riding?  (Read 9721 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Voltmeter is fluctuating while riding?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 05:59:43 PM »

Take a photo of the gauge face when it shows 14.5 volts (spec setting for voltage regulator), then carefully cut it out and glue it to the face of the actual gauge.  This will make the late model electrical monitoring system work just like the oil pressure monitoring system.  When the voltage (or oil pressure) drops to nothing, an idiot light will illuminate (assuming the idiot lights work).  Don't need no steenkin' gauges.

OR, remove the volt gauge and replace it with an air speed gauge, boost gauge, etc.  See if anyone ever notices the new gauge.

Jerry ;)
:D  :2vrolijk_09:  :2vrolijk_21:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 06:27:53 PM »

Mine was when moving.  And only after a few miles at highway speeds. Below 50 and no problem.
Will

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 10:10:06 AM »

I have concluded that for some unknown reason the voltmeter gauge likes to swing +/- 1.5 volts while the motor's RPM is over 1500 rpm.

When monitoring the voltage with digital volt meter it stays constant with a +/- 0.08 volts regardless of rpm or electrical load.

So what I'm thinking, I'll just add this to my ESP squawk list and get it replaced under another work order when something major breaks.

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2017, 02:09:21 AM »

Mine starts bouncing up and down when i crank up the radio. When i lower the volume it will settle back down to normal.

hogdooz

• Full CVO Member
  • LET'S GO RIDING!
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2017, 10:50:55 AM »

OK, mine was doing that, dealer connected to HD tech, they did a Beta reflash that changed the voltage going to the volt meter that smoothed it out. What they didn't know was that the Beta flash also changed the voltage going to the odometer/trip gauge illumination through the daytime sensor in the tachometer such that during daytime the odometer is so dim it can't be read. Now they're working on a reprogram to remedy that. During the daytime if you want to read the odometer/miles left on the fuel, cover the tach with your hand and the brightness level will come up so you can read it. That's all I know as of now.
2015 FLTRUSE,, 1978 XLCR,  2003 FXDX, 1942 WLA, 2019 FLHCS, 2022 FXRST EL Diablo
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.