Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stage 4 Kit CVO pro street  (Read 4039 times)

CVOBILLY

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

Stage 4 Kit CVO pro street
« on: September 28, 2017, 10:31:11 PM »

Hey Harley family,,

I just bit the bullet and purchased the following Stage 4 kit, screamin eagle tuner, d&d full exhaust kit for my 2017 CVO pro street breakout.  I was wondering is there anything else I can add to make this bad boy even nastier.  Note just street riding not for a track
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 10:40:30 PM by CVOBILLY »

CHH_Badkarma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout.
Re: Stage 4 Kit CVO pro street
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 10:59:17 PM »

S&S 124 kit ;D

In all seriousness, seems like you got the parts you were after. Search for a good tuner in your area and have a honest dyno tune done

Am I correct in assuming you have the screamin eagle street tuner? If that is the case you will be held back by the allowed parameters of the tune

CVOBILLY

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 11:02:28 PM »

Thank you and yes the Harley shop I got the bike three months ago said Amy other would void my warranty.   I was wanting and searched better tuners but limited right now or two years that is.

CHH_Badkarma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 11:06:32 PM »

Not a whole lot more you can do if you are worried about the warranty.

If that was my concern I would just ride it until the warranty runs out and go from there.
Perhaps some of the more performance minded members can chime in and give you some ideas

CVOBILLY

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 11:10:17 PM »

Yeah at this point I will ride with everything I have being put on.  The guy doing the dyno is pretty legit from what I have seen and talked to people about.  Thank you for the input. I am super happy with what will be going on and can’t wait. 

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 12:03:40 AM »

If you are doing the full exhaust you are already "outside the box" technically for the HD warranty. No matter how good your tuner is he can not make the bike run optimally with the SE tuner. I got my bike in Oct and did the stage 3 (4 wasn't available yet) Fuel Moto header and my tuner who is great tried everything in his power to make it right and just couldn't do it. I got the TTS and it was a different bike when he was done. Kept the SE tuner and stock exhaust so if I do end up with a major issue we will put exhaust back on and flash with SE until problem fixed (I also bought the 7 yr extended warranty).
BTW, this ended up being the end result of a very long expensive story trying to make the SE tuner work. My guy did give me full disclosure when we started saying that he would keep trying to make the SE tuner work on the dyno on my dime but he recommended from the start I get the TTS which he knew he could dial in.
Bad news is though I have a great relationship with my dealer that is good with swapping back to stock (will even do it for me) but if I am on the road and have a issue I could be screwed with another dealer. I just couldnt live with either the setup with the stock exhaust or the way it ran tuning it with the SE tuner so for me this was the best solution. Now bike runs and sounds terrific..
Alan

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 10:21:29 AM »

S&S 124 kit ;D

In all seriousness, seems like you got the parts you were after. Search for a good tuner in your area and have a honest dyno tune done

Am I correct in assuming you have the screamin eagle street tuner? If that is the case you will be held back by the allowed parameters of the tune
[/quote

Thinking both the TTS & Powervision will  let you put the "HD  Cal ID" in. Then when if it is ever  looked at with the "Digitech" , it shows  the "stock or HD approved" cal ID. CYA>>> Check this against some other knowledgeable sources  and make sure this is correct
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 04:28:08 PM by Texas 103 »
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

CVOBILLY

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 12:42:25 AM »

Thank you and will check that out. 

CVOBILLY

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 11:34:07 PM »

Thanks everyone for the input.  Just got it back so sweet

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 08:57:02 AM »

Good looking ride. I love the red and black. How's the extra juice feel?
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

CVOBILLY

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 09:37:14 AM »

Thank you I love it it’s a animal now, can’t wait to change the power commander next.  Just have the screamin Eagle one.   

TIMINATOR

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2017, 01:33:05 PM »

Your heads are the HP bottleneck now if you go to a bigger cam. In mildly modded form, about 115 is a realistic limit depending on core shift and how "happy" the dyno is. Mine is the most conservative one that I know of here in the Phx,az area. When I did my kit, I went with the 2.120 intake valves, bullet nosed the guides like the older 110 heads have, and a 5 angle valve job. I have a self tuning replacement computer, the T-Max, and its great! The self tune deal works well thru all of your parts replacement playing around, then when you are done, any competent tuner can pull more on the dyno. The deal is it will self tune thru the pipe, air cleaner, cam, and throttle body changes by it self, so you only pay for the dyno work once, if you even decide you need that last few HP. TIMINATOR

CVOBILLY

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2017, 01:58:02 PM »

What did you pull off the dyno after that 115?  They told me I peak at 106 for tq and HP around 5250 rpm I think is the number he said.  I will need to look at the paperwork again.   D&D said it was a good number so I am wondering what they have seen on the CVO

davidw221

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2017, 06:37:43 AM »

Get rid of that stock TB go with a HPI TB, the TB is still a bottle neck in your performance!

teamshocker23

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2018, 09:30:51 PM »

Good looking ride. I love the red and black. How's the extra juice feel?

I love it but now I want more power.  On to the next upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.