Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tuner question  (Read 2366 times)

unaharlista

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

Tuner question
« on: November 27, 2017, 03:51:00 PM »

Hey all,
Anyone out there using Fullsac Products with a Dynojet Power Vision tuner?
I currently have a Power Vision and want to get the Fullsac DX pipe and some CVO Power cores, but Fullsac doesn't provide tunes for the Power Vision.
I have tried contacting Dynojet, but no response as of yet ... I thought I would ask here anyway.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions???

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Re: Tuner question
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 04:16:06 PM »

i have the sportpipe with fullsac cores and the powervision tuner.  got my tune from jamie at fuelmoto.  wasn't dyno tuned, but canned map and then some auto tune runs done.  i think it runs pretty darn good.  could it run better?  probably, if i sprang for the dyno. 
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

unaharlista

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 06:38:02 PM »

i have the sportpipe with fullsac cores and the powervision tuner.  got my tune from jamie at fuelmoto.  wasn't dyno tuned, but canned map and then some auto tune runs done.  i think it runs pretty darn good.  could it run better?  probably, if i sprang for the dyno.

Hmm, interesting. I'm assuming that you bought your Power Vision from Fuel Moto.
How long ago did you buy it from them?
I got mine from them back in 2015; is it too late for support ... maybe I should send an email request and see what happens? I've nothing to lose.

Thanks for the info.

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 11:21:12 PM »

If you bought it from them, they offer lifetime support.  Their customer service is top notch.  I bought my tuner from them 3 years ago and they sent me a new map just a few months ago when I changed slip-ons.  They also love to talk shop and always take time to answer questions and fully explain how their products work.

unaharlista

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 04:06:40 AM »

If you bought it from them, they offer lifetime support.  Their customer service is top notch.  I bought my tuner from them 3 years ago and they sent me a new map just a few months ago when I changed slip-ons.  They also love to talk shop and always take time to answer questions and fully explain how their products work.

Awesome! I will give them a shout.
Thanks a bunch! :2vrolijk_21:

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 10:13:22 AM »

I'll add a reply with this caveat:  I am not familiar with the Dynojet Power Vision tuner.  I am with TTS and I would think they must have commonality in that there are areas to be addressed such as VE, AFR / Lambda, timing, etc., etc.  If Steve at Fullsac can give you a print out of all the various tables with their values I would think you could manually enter the same data to your PV and upload the tune.  Just a thought and hopefully other who are more knowledgeable will chime in letting us know if this will work or not.

Jerry

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 11:00:49 AM »

Hmm, interesting. I'm assuming that you bought your Power Vision from Fuel Moto.
How long ago did you buy it from them?
I got mine from them back in 2015; is it too late for support ... maybe I should send an email request and see what happens? I've nothing to lose.

Thanks for the info.

as mentioned, lifetime support.

i originally bought the pv for my 2010 roadglide custom.  when i traded the bike in for my cvo, i bought the additional license to use it on the cvo.  so i've had this particular unit for 7 years now. 

unaharlista

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 12:01:52 PM »

Thanks to everyone for their input.
I have sent an email to Jamie at Fuel Moto. I'll see what he has to say

I don't know ... I may change my mind on the Fullsac path: DX pipe only has one year warranty; Fuel Moto Jackpot 2-1-2 pipe has lifetime warranty.

However, I'm still trying to understand why Fullsac includes the crossover pipe and Fuel Moto does not.
Is there a big difference in their construction of the head pipe, where one promotes better and even flow to both mufflers with the X-over pipe and the other indicates it does very little for any added performance other than tonal attribute?

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 10:33:26 PM »

check on the warranty on the fuelmoto pipe.  i'm not disparaging them by any means, but i have heard from one poster who had an issue with his fuelmoto pipe, got it replaced under warranty and then found out the 'new' pipe now had no warranty on it.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 12:12:19 AM »

check on the warranty on the fuelmoto pipe.  i'm not disparaging them by any means, but i have heard from one poster who had an issue with his fuelmoto pipe, got it replaced under warranty and then found out the 'new' pipe now had no warranty on it.

Unaware of the particular circumstances here of course but it's a too common misnomer that a replacement should somehow start a warranty over again.  Replacement under warranty does not extend the warranty.

If something has a year warranty (for example) and it fails at 11 months and 29 days old my remedy is a replacement (or repair).  That replacement doesn't automatically come with a new warranty.  The warranty is what came with the original purchase.

Like a new warranty on that shiny (or denim) new motorcycle.  If an amplifier or an engine dies at 13 months in to a 24 month warranty the warranty remedy is the parts replacement.  The warranty on neither the motorcycle nor the failed part is necessarily extended.

Geez I'm tired tonight.  Just ^ rambled on about the obvious for three paragraphs.  Haven't slept right or pooped right for a week.  Will Harley warranty any of that.....?

unaharlista

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 08:27:32 AM »

Geez I'm tired tonight.  Just ^ rambled on about the obvious for three paragraphs.  Haven't slept right or pooped right for a week.  Will Harley warranty any of that.....?

I hope you were able to get some good sleep?  ;)

Well, regardless of which one I purchase ... if something happened in 2-3 years from now, who would be the one that would repair/replace it?  ::)

And yes, the replacement would not be warrantied!  :o 
However, I was informed that a "repair" would still have the remainder of the warranty:
For Fullsac, that would be until the initial year has ended.
For Fuel Moto: that would be a lifetime???

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2017, 08:40:22 AM »

Unless "lifetime" is clearly defined, a "lifetime" warranty doesn't necessarily mean much.  What or whose "lifetime" is the deciding factor?  Many people assume it means their lifetime, but that is rarely the case.  Usually it means the expected lifetime of the product, and guess who determines what that expected lifetime is.  I rarely buy anything based on the claimed length of the warranty, but to each his own.

Anyway, if you buy a product with a one or two or umpteen year warranty, and the product has to be replaced under that warranty, usual practice is that the product you receive under warranty does not come with it's own warranty starting at zero again, but just the remaining portion of the original warranty.  If otherwise, it must be disclosed to the customer up front.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

unaharlista

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2017, 10:30:43 AM »

Unless "lifetime" is clearly defined, a "lifetime" warranty doesn't necessarily mean much.  What or whose "lifetime" is the deciding factor?  Many people assume it means their lifetime, but that is rarely the case.  Usually it means the expected lifetime of the product, and guess who determines what that expected lifetime is.  I rarely buy anything based on the claimed length of the warranty, but to each his own.

Anyway, if you buy a product with a one or two or umpteen year warranty, and the product has to be replaced under that warranty, usual practice is that the product you receive under warranty does not come with it's own warranty starting at zero again, but just the remaining portion of the original warranty.  If otherwise, it must be disclosed to the customer up front.

Jerry

Yep, yep ... thanks for your input.
It's all good! ;)

unaharlista

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2017, 09:13:54 AM »

Hey all,
Anyone out there using Fullsac Products with a Dynojet Power Vision tuner?
I currently have a Power Vision and want to get the Fullsac DX pipe and some CVO Power cores, but Fullsac doesn't provide tunes for the Power Vision.
I have tried contacting Dynojet, but no response as of yet ... I thought I would ask here anyway.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions???

Just a little update ...
Pulled the trigger on a Fullsac exhaust!

Dynojet was kind enough to fix me up with a base can map for my whole set-up:
103CI HO (Rushmore)
S & S Stealth air cleaner
DX pipe
1.75" CVO power cores

If you know anyone that has a Power Vision and wants to implement a Fullsac exhaust, I would be willing to share my tune/map.

I will run the autotune on the PV once I get 'er up and running.
Maybe a dyno when summer rolls around???

Thanks again for all the feedback.

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.