Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BYO CVO  (Read 2095 times)

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
BYO CVO
« on: November 30, 2017, 09:16:53 PM »

I had really hoped MoCo would build a SERGU this year, as the BSR and I wanted watercooling, a TP and lowers, and the headset system.  Since they didn't build a CVO RG Ultra this year, and the SERG is oil-cooled, I decided to BYO (Build Your Own). 

I got a 2018 RGU in Twisted Cherry (deep burgundy, with small subtle metalflake).  Decided to keep the warranty plus 2 years ESP, so putting in the HD Stage 3 kit to bring it up to 114 CI, along with the approved SE mufflers and the SEST.  Adding CVO heated hammock seat, KlockWerks Sport Flare windshield, AirFlow heated grips/highway pegs/rider and passenger footboards, SXM satellite module, and CoolFlow fan.

Chose the AirFlow pegs, etc. because I like them, but also, as a bonus, the HD emblems on the gas tank have an AirFlow "arrow" on them, so it all matches.  Worked out perfectly.

Pics to follow.  Can't take them yet cuz it's at the dealer getting the engine built.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Bextreme

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

Re: BYO CVO
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 10:34:58 PM »

I had really hoped MoCo would build a SERGU this year, as the BSR and I wanted watercooling, a TP and lowers, and the headset system.  Since they didn't build a CVO RG Ultra this year, and the SERG is oil-cooled, I decided to BYO (Build Your Own). 

I got a 2018 RGU in Twisted Cherry (deep burgundy, with small subtle metalflake).  Decided to keep the warranty plus 2 years ESP, so putting in the HD Stage 3 kit to bring it up to 114 CI, along with the approved SE mufflers and the SEST.  Adding CVO heated hammock seat, KlockWerks Sport Flare windshield, AirFlow heated grips/highway pegs/rider and passenger footboards, SXM satellite module, and CoolFlow fan.

Chose the AirFlow pegs, etc. because I like them, but also, as a bonus, the HD emblems on the gas tank have an AirFlow "arrow" on them, so it all matches.  Worked out perfectly.

Pics to follow.  Can't take them yet cuz it's at the dealer getting the engine built.
Sounds awesome can't wait for pics. I just bought a 2015 CVO RGU rode it home from dealership and that's it been getting over the flu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Para Bellum

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 11:40:31 PM »

Sounds awesome can't wait for pics. I just bought a 2015 CVO RGU rode it home from dealership and that's it been getting over the flu.
Get well soon.  The flu is not bike-friendly.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 05:14:44 PM »

congrats, cant wait to see it   :worthless:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Para Bellum

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 08:44:49 PM »

:worthless:
LOL.  I agree.  We can thank the MoCo (for being back-ordered) and the dealer (for not planning properly).   :nixweiss:

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 09:46:45 PM »

I've thought hard about going this route when the time comes if they don't have another SERGU I like. Will be interested to see how it works out for you and how much extra you have invested to get it there.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

groupw

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

• CVO1: Silver/Silver '16 SERGU
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 10:21:42 PM »

Since they didn't build a CVO RG Ultra this year, .. I decided to BYO (Build Your Own). 
.... Adding CVO heated hammock seat, KlockWerks Sport Flare windshield, AirFlow heated grips/highway pegs/rider and passenger footboards, SXM satellite module, and CoolFlow fan.

..... what about the painted inner ?  chrome front end & controls & wheels ?  remote locking bags ?  titanium gauges etc, etc ?

Para Bellum

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 02:46:58 AM »

..... what about the painted inner ?  chrome front end & controls & wheels ?  remote locking bags ?  titanium gauges etc, etc ?
No, I've only done the items listed in OP.  Of course it's not a true CVO, since it didn't come as one, but the combination of wanting an RGU and HD not making one required some choices and compromises.  So I've foregone some of the goodies on a true CVO if, to me, the extra expense wasn't worth the $$ that P & A called for (wheels) or I just didn't care (remote locking bags).  I also added saddle lid rails and LED R/B/T lights to the filler strips.

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 23 queries.