Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Heated grips Q.  (Read 3033 times)

Glenncarp

Re: Heated grips Q.
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2017, 12:50:33 PM »

I will check into that  :2vrolijk_21:  Thanks.

I pulled the LH grip today but couldn't get it fully off to do a Volt check the wires got tight in the bars I didn't want to pull to hard I don't know how much slack there is at the other end. I'll try the LH there may be more slack on the wires to check for any power.  If not it looks like it'll have to wait until I can get the time to pull the bat wing off and do some checking in the front.

Off to London day after tomorrow for 3 days.

I know on my 11' SERGU they continually stopped working. Dealer always said they came unplugged inside of the fairing. Finally asked the Einstein to electrical tape them, he did, never quit again.

The MAJOR issue I had was after 45,0000 miles, the grips were worn out.  No rubber left on most. Here is the typical HD snafu, they do not sell (or did not sell) the grips alone, had to by the entire set again to the tune of $500 +/-. They had to change out wiring harness inside of the bars from what dealer said. Hope they changed that idiocy when time comes for new grips on '16 SERG. Somehow I doubt it. It will then be time for heat demons.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 07:54:02 PM »

Installed 13 CVO Limited heated grips on my 13 CVO Road king in the first couple weeks I got it back in 12.  I have never had an issue with them, and never turned them over 3 and I have apes so my hands are in the wind.

MY 15 CVO Road glide ultra heated grips worked flawlessly for the 44K miles I owned the bike.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 10:13:30 PM »

I will check into that  :2vrolijk_21:  Thanks.

I pulled the LH grip today but couldn't get it fully off to do a Volt check the wires got tight in the bars I didn't want to pull to hard I don't know how much slack there is at the other end. I'll try the LH there may be more slack on the wires to check for any power.  If not it looks like it'll have to wait until I can get the time to pull the bat wing off and do some checking in the front.

Off to London day after tomorrow for 3 days.

No need to pull the grip just carefully pop the chrome endcap off the RH side. That is were mine came unplugged. It’s about a 5 minute fix if that’s the issue.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2017, 10:06:55 AM »

No need to pull the grip just carefully pop the chrome endcap off the RH side. That is were mine came unplugged. It’s about a 5 minute fix if that’s the issue.

I didn't know that, I'll give it ago. Thanks Chains :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.