Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: looking for guidance selling my '07 FXDSE  (Read 167 times)

joebart

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CT

looking for guidance selling my '07 FXDSE
« on: December 18, 2017, 11:16:59 AM »

Let me start by saying I love this bike! I'm not being forced to sell, it's just time for a new HD adventure. The photo is my bike, no photoshop, it's just a Hi key exposure. The flag behind the bike is a painting. 23,000 miles well maintained most service done by Harley, Lots of extra and performance upgrades. Looking for advice for the best place to list....

Thanks in advance!

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
Re: looking for guidance selling my '07 FXDSE
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 11:42:46 AM »

I've used 3 different online sites to promote my motorcycle sales.

eBay - good national/international audience. I sold my '15 FLTRUSE on eBay about 14 months ago.
Craigslist - good for local leads and people who can come out and see the bike. Never made a sale off CL though.
ChopperExchange - good national exposure, had some inquiries but nothing serious off this website.
CVOHarley.com - well most of these guys and gals already have a CVO but maybe they have some needy friends?
Facebook - you'll get lots of comments, some critical, some supportive - not sure on how this does for real sales.

The real key to selling IMHO is value and quality of promotion. I took some really professional looking pictures of my FLTRUSE with country flowers and meadows in the background. It set a real nice feeling of outdoors and adventure. Much better than taking a picture in a back alley or next to a dumpster (yes, I've seen those kinds of pics). Make sure you detail the bike before taking the pictures.

Good luck,
Simon
PHOTOBUCKET is holding my pictures hostage!!!!

States Ridden in 2016
IBA Member: 60683
Shhh...don't tell anyone I did it on a BMW

joebart

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CT

Re: looking for guidance selling my '07 FXDSE
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 05:16:27 PM »

Thank you!

I've used 3 different online sites to promote my motorcycle sales.

eBay - good national/international audience. I sold my '15 FLTRUSE on eBay about 14 months ago.
Craigslist - good for local leads and people who can come out and see the bike. Never made a sale off CL though.
ChopperExchange - good national exposure, had some inquiries but nothing serious off this website.
CVOHarley.com - well most of these guys and gals already have a CVO but maybe they have some needy friends?
Facebook - you'll get lots of comments, some critical, some supportive - not sure on how this does for real sales.

The real key to selling IMHO is value and quality of promotion. I took some really professional looking pictures of my FLTRUSE with country flowers and meadows in the background. It set a real nice feeling of outdoors and adventure. Much better than taking a picture in a back alley or next to a dumpster (yes, I've seen those kinds of pics). Make sure you detail the bike before taking the pictures.

Good luck,
Simon

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.