Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interesting speedo issue  (Read 671 times)

CHH_Badkarma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout.
Interesting speedo issue
« on: December 25, 2017, 05:40:04 PM »

So I have noticed something a bit odd with the speedo on my Breakout. I always keep the clock function displayed instead of odometer and other functions. The first crank when waking the bike up (after the bike has been sitting over night or later in the night after shift)the display will change from clock to odometer after it cranks. Clock is there when I hit the run switch, but after the first turn over and start it changes.

Made a few observations today before and during the Christmas ride with the mrs.
Fresh off the battery tender battery read 12.8
First start rather cool out, oil all down in the sump in took a few cranks to wake up.
At Idle volts were 14.3 and after about a 15 mile ride a checked the volts again at idle and a solid 14.3
Leaving that stop and the following stop after that the bike would snap right to life and the clock would not change over to odometer at all.
After getting home a few hours later after shutting the bike down I checked the battery with the bike off and at rest. Volts read 13.3.
Side note, I did not have my volt meter with me and was using the little battery tender dongle that plugs into the battery tender plug (handy when out and about)

Part of me is thinking my battery is getting ready to let go, or maybe something electrical when the battery has to work and pull a good load when the bike is cold.
I also remember reading when I ran a search about a bcm flash for older bikes, though I do not think this is the case.

Either way, just curious what you folks might have to add or other observations.
As always thank for the input and Merry Christmas 😊
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 07:47:32 PM by CHH_Badkarma »

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.