Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Favorite Primary Oil  (Read 8739 times)

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
Re: Favorite Primary Oil
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2018, 04:34:57 PM »

I'm leery of Comp life with ATF :nervous: for years, reading about '07 & later (premature) Compensator issues on several HD Forums, the common element seemed to be ATF with Aftermarket Clutches,,, might be other common elements but none posted :confused5: I have witnessed some of my Buds (running ATF) changing Comps consistently at 20k

Most all of the Aftermarket Clutch Vendors recommend ATF because none seem to have a clue how to manufacture a Clutch to work properly with CVO Hydraulic actuation :nixweiss: stack height, rod length, etc...

Since I got the '09 SERG in '12 (2,420 mi.) I've used Formula+ and just recently went to Redline Primary Fluid. For the last 30k or so I've been doing my own services and change the Primary Fluid with the Engine Oil,,, Transmission gets a qt of RL Shockproof every other oil change...

When going to the Alto Carbonite Plate Kit, the Clutch actuation, friction zone remained perfect (linear engagement, in the center of lever travel, motorcop would love it) but neutral was evasive,,, going to 1qt (instead of the factory recommended 38oz) cured the evasive neutral,,, going into first gear of the DD7 is as smooth and quiet as any stock / modified '07+ HD...

Replaced the Compensator at around 30k while looking for a noise that turned out to be unrelated, probably has plenty more miles left...

The Bike has 62k at this time, the Primary is all original except; the latest SE Comp, Outer Primary with cast in Deflector, Alto Carbonite Plate Kit, SE HD Spring, AIM VP-95...

fwiw; this is what has been working for me,,, your results may vary... ;D

The Rotella looks interesting...

« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 04:36:41 PM by FlaHeatWave »
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.292 seconds with 21 queries.