Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 Street Glide CVO Boom Box problem  (Read 2752 times)

Stgeg

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 Street Glide CVO
2015 Street Glide CVO Boom Box problem
« on: January 21, 2018, 12:16:50 PM »

I have 2015 CVO Street Glide. Every time I turn the radio on I hear three consecutive loud beeps. These beeps continue to sound coming out of the front and the rear speakers . The only way to get them to stop is to mute the radio by pressing the power button once. The beeps stop and so does the music. The bike was delivered to me with 1.18.1.  I have tried everything possible suggested in many forums but with no luck. when I go to system information the part number and serial number of the radio do not appear. All I could see is dashes but no part number. I am starting to think that this is why I can't update. I went to the dealership and he told that the radio need to be replaced and there is no fix for it . This will cost me $2000 as my bike is out of the warranty. Is any one did face this issue before and did your dealer replaced the radio for free based on goodwill . Appreciate sharing your experience.
Thanks

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
Re: 2015 Street Glide CVO Boom Box problem
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 08:02:28 AM »

contact iron cross audio a vendor on this site. :2vrolijk_21: good luck!http://ironcrossaudio.com/contact.html
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 08:04:56 AM by smkymtnboy »

Stgeg

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 10:09:55 AM »

I just called Iron Cross Audio and the operator told me that they don’t work on the Boom Box radio
They can fix only the old models prior to the Rushmore models.

I have been informed by my local dealer that this is the third case that came to them with same error . I guess Harly Davidson should do a recall to fix this issue .

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 11:19:17 AM »

I just called Iron Cross Audio and the operator told me that they don’t work on the Boom Box radio
They can fix only the old models prior to the Rushmore models.

I have been informed by my local dealer that this is the third case that came to them with same error . I guess Harly Davidson should do a recall to fix this issue .
did not know that. hang on someone will probably respond with info!

WTF Chuck

• IBA 74296
  • 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2022 Screamin Eagle Road Glide Limited
    • Muck Cross Weather
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 03:54:15 PM »

Did you do the full factory reset?

Fullsac DX Pipe  2" cores and screens
Dynojet  Power  Vision  Tuner
KST's
HARLEY 28 SPOKE CHROME WHEELS
Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz Magic Strobe-LTP
WHAT' S Next
Darkside
Ecsta PA31
195/60/16

Stgeg

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 12:46:23 PM »

Unfortunately the dealer technician couldn't make the factory rest as the radio can not be recognized by the dealer computer , this is the main issue . as per the technician the motor company standard fix for this issue is to replace the radio device . To be honest it is really frustrating specially that the bike is out of the warranty, however the owner of the dealership promised she will raise a goodwill claim pending the motor company approval.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 02:56:22 PM »

Unfortunately the dealer technician couldn't make the factory rest as the radio can not be recognized by the dealer computer , this is the main issue . as per the technician the motor company standard fix for this issue is to replace the radio device . To be honest it is really frustrating specially that the bike is out of the warranty, however the owner of the dealership promised she will raise a goodwill claim pending the motor company approval.
i would try another dealer. good luck! :2vrolijk_21:

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 07:27:59 PM »

Somewhere a reputable company exists that is doing repairs on the Infortainment system. In the past a company called TecCor did GM units and we know Iron Cross does the older H/K units. Does anyone know of, or seen on another forum a company repairing the current units? Or a local salvage yard that might have a good unit.

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 22 queries.