Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: V & H X-Head pipe  (Read 1267 times)

mmazzone4444

V & H X-Head pipe
« on: February 18, 2018, 11:08:05 AM »

I have a 2016 CVO SG, I have CFR's and trying to decide on good head pipe, any thoughts on the V & H X-Head Pipe.  Any other suggestions and if I added Thundermax would it be better overall................thanks in advance for the comments............MAM

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
Re: V & H X-Head pipe
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 11:39:00 AM »

if max performance is your goal the CFRs are going to be the challenge, if your goal is noise your on the right track. just my 2 cents  :nixweiss: check the reviews on the fullsac pipes
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 02:20:49 PM »

I have a 2016 CVO SG, I have CFR's and trying to decide on good head pipe, any thoughts on the V & H X-Head Pipe.  Any other suggestions and if I added Thundermax would it be better overall................thanks in advance for the comments............MAM

Fullsac DX hands down!  Makes good power, Tunes well, Much better than the V&H X pipe which isn't a true x pipe, Hope Steve will jump into this conversation and explain what a well engineered 180 crossover or merged collector do and why they work so well.  .   

Would personally stay away from a T Max, no way to re calibrate the O2 sensors. Not to mention if you have an issue and they have to use the Digi Tech on it at a dealer you are screwed    Find you a good tuner, use Powervision , Problem solved! Ed won;t even tune one with T Max,has people remove them, install the  HD ECM then he tunes
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 02:03:36 PM by Texas 103 »
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 07:49:33 PM »

Do you still have the stock head pipe on?  If you do, remember that switching to a header without a catalytic converter (like most of the after-market) will really increase the sound level, especially with the CFRs.  A 2-1-2 pipe like the DX will be quieter than true duals, but still loud.  If you don't have a tuner on it now, you will have to get one, along with a dyno tune...so plan on spending mo money.

Another thing:  You're going to lose power under 3,000 RPM.  You will really notice how much harder it is to get going until rpms get up there; you'll need more throttle and revs to start off; it will be slow to accelerate in the usual riding rpms.  There's no way to "tune it out," and a T-Max won't help either.

What are you trying to accomplish?  If it's lots of sound and a loss of low-end power and hearing, go with true duals and CFRs.  If you want a decent running bike, either keep the stock header and the CFRs, plus get a dyno tune/tuner...or get a 2-1-2 header and reasonable mufflers (not CFRs or V&H Hi-Outputs, and so forth) plus a good tune/tuner.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.