Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: trans and prymery transfer  (Read 2334 times)

havenolife

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
trans and prymery transfer
« on: March 12, 2018, 03:11:59 PM »

transmission oil deflector kit 36300028 has anyone tried this yet does it work or slow it down or another Harley Davidson bandaide

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
Re: trans and prymery transfer
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 02:33:00 AM »

This is the kit's instructions and some diagrams:  https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson.com/sip/service/document/379300

There's a thread about this problem over on HD Forums https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwaukee-eight-m8/1219654-the-fix-is-in.html.

Right now, not enough people over there have had it installed long enough to really test it.  Some think it will slow the transfer down but not completely stop it.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 09:44:58 AM »

I don't see any reference on the instructions to indicate this might be covered by new vehicle warranty.  So is this transmission oil deflection kit something the moco expects us to buy and pay to install?   :nixweiss:

I'm just shy of 3k on my 2018 and so far have seen no evidence of transfer.  Sure hope it stays that way, lol.   :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 01:53:30 PM »

I don't see any reference on the instructions to indicate this might be covered by new vehicle warranty.  So is this transmission oil deflection kit something the moco expects us to buy and pay to install?   :nixweiss:

I'm just shy of 3k on my 2018 and so far have seen no evidence of transfer.  Sure hope it stays that way, lol.   :2vrolijk_21:

;D   No doubt in my mind, based on all the previous issues Harley expected customers to pay for.  The usual method is to call it a Screamin' Eagle part and imply it's only necessary for those who ride harder than normal, or some such BS, rather than admit it's only purpose is to try to fix a design or manufacturing defect.  Since you haven't noticed a problem so far, I don't think I'd bother installing this band-aid.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 03:18:50 PM »

I don't see any reference on the instructions to indicate this might be covered by new vehicle warranty.  So is this transmission oil deflection kit something the moco expects us to buy and pay to install?
On the HDF thread I referenced, 2 people have tried to buy the kit to install it themself.  Both have been unable to get it  They believe it's b/c HD has it as "warranty only."  Just passing this on, as I don't have the info to evaluate it.

;D   No doubt in my mind, based on all the previous issues Harley expected customers to pay for.  The usual method is to call it a Screamin' Eagle part and imply it's only necessary for those who ride harder than normal, or some such BS, rather than admit it's only purpose is to try to fix a design or manufacturing defect.  Since you haven't noticed a problem so far, I don't think I'd bother installing this band-aid.

JMHO - Jerry
So true.  Could this be an example of "the exception that proves the rule?"  It would be a shocker, though, if HD changed their (disgusting) pattern.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

havenolife

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 03:42:22 PM »

thanks i saw it on that fourm to my bike has real low miles to didn't get it till august and not rode it past October but no problem YET! 

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 04:36:55 PM »

Reason I wonder about it being a warranty item as there is no mention to dealers of how to file claim for payment.  But perhaps there is a technical bulletin associated with this that does that.

In any case as long as I'm not having the problem I'm not going to 'fix it.'  My motto:  if it ain't broke don't break it!

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Page created in 0.246 seconds with 21 queries.