Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wireless headset setup on 2018 CVO limited  (Read 1328 times)

ap_0904

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Wireless headset setup on 2018 CVO limited
« on: September 02, 2018, 12:07:21 AM »

Hello All,

I bought a new 2018 CVO limited a couple of weeks ago. I was trying to setup wireless headset that comes with the bike (Boom audio headset) and ran into an issue. I first tried headset setup with my iPhone and it worked fine I was able to make and receive calls using my headset. Then I paired headset with the infotainment system (latest WHIM interface is already installed in 2018 CVO limited), my iPhone was already paired with the infotainment system. Pairing was successful. and music playback works as expected. However I noticed that my headset disconnected from phone when I connected it with infotainment system and then when I receive a call I don't hear a ring on my headset but I see call coming on the screen and when I accept the call I can hear what other person is talking but my mic doesn't work. I am confused with this 3 way setup of phone, infotainment and headset. I am pretty sure people are using this setup so I am missing something. Appreciate any tips/help.

Thanks
Alok

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: Wireless headset setup on 2018 CVO limited
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 12:48:53 AM »

Hello All,

I bought a new 2018 CVO limited a couple of weeks ago. I was trying to setup wireless headset that comes with the bike (Boom audio headset) and ran into an issue. I first tried headset setup with my iPhone and it worked fine I was able to make and receive calls using my headset. Then I paired headset with the infotainment system (latest WHIM interface is already installed in 2018 CVO limited), my iPhone was already paired with the infotainment system. Pairing was successful. and music playback works as expected. However I noticed that my headset disconnected from phone when I connected it with infotainment system and then when I receive a call I don't hear a ring on my headset but I see call coming on the screen and when I accept the call I can hear what other person is talking but my mic doesn't work. I am confused with this 3 way setup of phone, infotainment and headset. I am pretty sure people are using this setup so I am missing something. Appreciate any tips/help.

Thanks
Alok
On my 17 when I installed the WHIM and bought the Harley Sena I paired the Sena to the bike and the phone to the bike. All worked fine. Call would come in and show on Boombox, I could hit "answer" and all worked fine. Same with music from my phone. I also use on my 12 CVO Roadglide with a Road Tech nav and set up same way. Phone to Road Tech, Sena to Road Tech. Call comes in and shows on Zumo, I can accept by either hitting accept on nav or hit the little button on back of Sena.
Alan

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 12:50:06 PM »

Your problem is you synced the headset with your phone, unsync that and sync the phone to the bike then sync the headset with the bike, yes there is a difference, you made the phone the master
Control, make the bike the master control.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

ap_0904

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 11:53:20 PM »

Thanks. It was really helpful. I had to unpair my phone and headset and now it works as expected.
One issue I still have is the phone button on headset, I can’t receive phone using that button, I have to respond on the bike to answe the call. Phone button on headset beeps when I press it but doesn’t work. Same thing when I want to end the call I have to end from the bike.

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 12:36:40 PM »

Yes that is correct, remember the bike is the master control. The phone and headset are slaves and
Work for the bike. The only exception to that rule is when you want to talk to other riders. You can communicate with up to 8 other riders using a 20S, separate from the bike’s control, headset to headset while also synced to the bike.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.