Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: 2019 cvo sumping  (Read 32272 times)

mark

Re: 2019 cvo sumping
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2018, 07:13:53 PM »

Have you gone to there forum yet. They have their own issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've had a Roadmaster since 2016 and I'm not familiar with any issues.  I've found the engine to be bulletproof.  You'll have some excessive heat due to the cat and lean tune, but that's an easy fix. 

JPerham301

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2018, 09:17:51 AM »

My 2019 RG CVO with stage 4 was being test ridden by SD Harley and they this it now has a sumping issue. How can HD sell these kits when this issue hasn't been addressed? I have 2500 miles on the bike, this shouldn't happen!!!

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2018, 09:50:28 AM »

My 2019 RG CVO with stage 4 was being test ridden by SD Harley and they this it now has a sumping issue. How can HD sell these kits when this issue hasn't been addressed? I have 2500 miles on the bike, this shouldn't happen!!!

Did they say what oil pump it has in it?

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2018, 08:07:05 AM »

Geez, their 3rd year with the M8 and STILL not fixed .... there's definitely sumping wrong with HD alright!

Sumping tells me I'll be keeping big blue for a looooong time.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

jeroenelectrum

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2018, 03:41:59 PM »

mine sumping is fixed with the new seal    did drive it alot and hard :)

1Riseaboveit

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2018, 03:43:14 PM »

This must be the new way to shrug the responsibility of warranty by HD.

Step 1 sell a faulty bike
Step 2 install an aftermarket tuner
Step 3 blame the aftermarket tuner
Step 4 deny all warranty issues

To all the new owners I hope you win the HD lottery and get one of the non sumpers.
Or even better!   That the new O-ring is the cure,!!!    And we are only hearing of 2019's that don't have the O-ring.

Exactly how it went down for me.

20 miles later... Still sumping and low and behold "No powertrain warranty!"

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2018, 03:48:17 PM »

Sorry for all the pi$$ed off guys having problems, but I couldn't resist the last one nobody but me found funny I guess. On a more serious note .... Has anybody watched this?

This could be an option for those of you too bullheaded to give up, jump ship or just have too much invested to call it quits. That is if you're so hard-pressed to keep it and throw your warranty out the window. As usual, leave it to a speed shop to fix the MOCO's screw-ups. I'm still amazed at how some of you have so much dedication and patience to the brand to ride the latest/greatest from them .... personally I would've thrown in the towel long ago.

I know I've said this one before myself only to lie and give them another shot, but this time I mean it .... I will NEVER buy another new HD until they get their chit together and this time I really mean it. After 3 years of still not doing just that, my hat goes off to you stubborn ones still trying because I could never do what some of you have.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2019, 09:19:50 PM »

I did start a thread about helping a friend modify a M8 for more power. I’d sure hate to lead him down an unsafe path.

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2019, 07:32:40 PM »

This SUMPING problem is NOT an oil pump problem......Harley knows what they have to do to fix this issue but elects NOT to admit they have a bad design in the case and breathing system. This new seal on the back of of the 19 oil pump only looks like it will hinder the breathing of this already problematic engine.
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2019, 07:40:39 PM »

This SUMPING problem is NOT an oil pump problem......Harley knows what they have to do to fix this issue but elects NOT to admit they have a bad design in the case and breathing system. This new seal on the back of of the 19 oil pump only looks like it will hinder the breathing of this already problematic engine.

Yep... what he said.

Bob Coco

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2019, 06:55:47 AM »

Hi everyone out there,
I'm new to this forum but not sumping.  I bought a 2017 CVO StreetGlide at Panama City bike week. 2016 and it sumped during the event. I didn't even know what sumping was yet.  That went on for a while and two rebuilds and a complete new long block. Then Harley Davidson gave me a 2018 CVO StreetGlide which sumped it's second day at around 160 miles.
A rebuild and oil pump up grade and then a hand built complete engine and it sumped again. Well, Harley Davidson finally got me a 2019 CVO RoadGlide which I waited patiently for. At 259 miles, it sumped.  I've been dealing with sumping for the full time these Milwaukee 8's have been in existence.   I called my rep and he told me that I am the only 2019 to sump. I then told him that he was incorrect. The last engine that was hand built by him was a 2019 block which sumped.

I've lost so much money on all of my accessories (non Harley) and lost money on two extended service contracts and all they keep telling me is that they have to replicate the symptom.  Last time the dealer rode the 2018 long enough to replicate it the bike came back with a seized engine and a few days after I got it back I had to replace the drive belt at a cost of 1,100.00 dollars.  I was on a group ride and the belt started losing teeth.  Tell me the dealer didn't beat the chit out of my bike? 

I have a bunch of bikes and 3 RoadGlides of which one is punched to 124 C.I. pushing 141/141 and has 10,000 miles and the same drive belt. And I wheelie that thing on every ride.  Point being that I don't trust very many dealer mechanics and or service writers.

I've read a few posts of 2019's with sumping issues. Would you guys be willing to respond to this post or call me?

At this point, I want Harley Davidson to refund all of my money on my bike. It's paid in full and I want some names of you with 2019's so I have some backup. 

Bob Coco  cell (516) 903-0011   Thank you   

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2019, 08:19:05 AM »

Hi everyone out there,
I'm new to this forum but not sumping.  I bought a 2017 CVO StreetGlide at Panama City bike week. 2016 and it sumped during the event. I didn't even know what sumping was yet.  That went on for a while and two rebuilds and a complete new long block. Then Harley Davidson gave me a 2018 CVO StreetGlide which sumped it's second day at around 160 miles.
A rebuild and oil pump up grade and then a hand built complete engine and it sumped again. Well, Harley Davidson finally got me a 2019 CVO RoadGlide which I waited patiently for. At 259 miles, it sumped.  I've been dealing with sumping for the full time these Milwaukee 8's have been in existence.   I called my rep and he told me that I am the only 2019 to sump. I then told him that he was incorrect. The last engine that was hand built by him was a 2019 block which sumped.

I've lost so much money on all of my accessories (non Harley) and lost money on two extended service contracts and all they keep telling me is that they have to replicate the symptom.  Last time the dealer rode the 2018 long enough to replicate it the bike came back with a seized engine and a few days after I got it back I had to replace the drive belt at a cost of 1,100.00 dollars.  I was on a group ride and the belt started losing teeth.  Tell me the dealer didn't beat the chit out of my bike?

I have a bunch of bikes and 3 RoadGlides of which one is punched to 124 C.I. pushing 141/141 and has 10,000 miles and the same drive belt. And I wheelie that thing on every ride.  Point being that I don't trust very many dealer mechanics and or service writers.

I've read a few posts of 2019's with sumping issues. Would you guys be willing to respond to this post or call me?

At this point, I want Harley Davidson to refund all of my money on my bike. It's paid in full and I want some names of you with 2019's so I have some backup. 

WOW JUST.........WOW!!!!!

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2019, 09:33:00 PM »

Harley must have some serious issues and incompetence with the R&D Department since it was 20 years between the Twin Cam and the M8....."twenty fricken years" and they still manage to turn out this type junk.

After 13 new Harley's between 1996 - 2013 looks like my last purchase will need to last forever since the MOCO will never sell me another new over-priced bike that is such an inferior product design with absolutely zero reliability.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2019, 01:49:44 AM »

Hi everyone out there,

Bob, I have almost the exact same story including having another bike with a 124 in it. As we speak the 19 Roadglide they gave me to replace the 17 Streetglide that sumped 3 times is at the shop now while they try and replicate my sumping as well. insanely frustrating..
Alan

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2019, 07:44:03 AM »

These continued sumping failures after three model yrs of a new engine could have deep and devastating impact on Harley Davidson. Reports are leaking out (Barron’s) that HD unit sales in the 4Q 2018 have “fallen off a cliff”. Sales have plummeted down 13.5% down from 2017.

These are unsustainable sales declines. And its not all motorcycle brands as HD is losing substantial market share. There is no doubt that quality issues and cost are major contributors to these sales declines and customers moving to other brands.

I see no end in sight and a really bad ending ahead. Another legacy American brand that has seen better days in the past that will go out with a whimper. Same as JC Penney, Sears, Kodak, Xerox, GE, Pan Am and Ford. Dead or dying American Icons and HD is on a path to join them.

Lack of innovation and poor quality is a path to irrelevancy. And I do not see how the $30k Livewire and an Adventure bike will pull them out of this tailspin. I believe the 2020 models will be HD’s last gasp chance to convince new and old customers alike that they can build quality motorcycles with creative innovation. If they fail in 2020, I predict they will soon join the other dead or walking dead American Icon companies that failed to innovate and slowly disappeared from the market.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 07:52:30 AM by Heatwave »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Page created in 0.395 seconds with 21 queries.