Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Not sure what's going on  (Read 2294 times)

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

Not sure what's going on
« on: October 23, 2018, 02:19:57 PM »

Had it's first dyno run today. The dyno guy thinks there's a fuel issue going on or there's a issue with the V&H fuelpak. "He's not fond Fuelpak "

What do you experienced dyno chart readers make of the chart.

The guy wasn't to forth coming on explaining the chart. I noticed he was also cracking the throttle then hitting the kill switch off then on again straight away "Don't know why"
He said to disconnect the Fuelpak and  take it for a run to see if it runs any better , didn't think it would run without the Fuelpak.

For me I find it runs good it has lots of get up and go when I crack it. It doesn't cough spit or sputter at any point there's also  no hesitation "example " 6th gear 70mph crack the throttle it picks up speed gradually for thr first little bit,  but drop it into 5th and stand on it then it'll pull straight away to a 100mph no hesitation.

On the chart top left corner,  what does the RunFile 004,3and 2 drf  stand for?

J.D.

Re: Not sure what's going on
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 03:07:54 PM »

I don't have any problem with it whatsoever.  You say it runs perfect.  What's the problem?

Runfile is just the software stamp for a given run.

ultrarider123

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 03:14:42 PM »

Had it's first dyno run today. The dyno guy thinks there's a fuel issue going on or there's a issue with the V&H fuelpak. "He's not fond Fuelpak "

What do you experienced dyno chart readers make of the chart.

The guy wasn't to forth coming on explaining the chart. I noticed he was also cracking the throttle then hitting the kill switch off then on again straight away "Don't know why"
He said to disconnect the Fuelpak and  take it for a run to see if it runs any better , didn't think it would run without the Fuelpak.

For me I find it runs good it has lots of get up and go when I crack it. It doesn't cough spit or sputter at any point there's also  no hesitation "example " 6th gear 70mph crack the throttle it picks up speed gradually for thr first little bit,  but drop it into 5th and stand on it then it'll pull straight away to a 100mph no hesitation.

On the chart top left corner,  what does the RunFile 004,3and 2 drf  stand for?

If'n you are happy with everything, ride the sum beach, Pete, and forget it.  No cough, spit or sputter is a good thing at our age.... ;D

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 03:18:58 PM »

Sounds like you got a real winner for a "dyno tuner".  Are there any real professionals near you, or is this what you're stuck with?

The air-fuel ratio part of the chart indicates an extremely lean mixture below 2500 rpm.  If that's accurate, you could see a significant improvement in off-idle performance and smoothness by getting that corrected.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 03:36:44 PM »

Sounds like you got a real winner for a "dyno tuner".  Are there any real professionals near you, or is this what you're stuck with?

The air-fuel ratio part of the chart indicates an extremely lean mixture below 2500 rpm.  If that's accurate, you could see a significant improvement in off-idle performance and smoothness by getting that corrected.

JMHO - Jerry

I knew it was lean, I did up the value on the fuelpak air fuel from 0 to +5  by doing so it was hard to start when cold. It would run for 4/5 sec. then die out then crank crank crank had to crack the throttle to start it again but was hunting like crasy.  I put the value back to "0" it starts first time and has a smooth idle.

There's one other dyno tuner near by

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 03:40:18 PM »

If'n you are happy with everything, ride the sum beach, Pete, and forget it.  No cough, spit or sputter is a good thing at our age.... ;D

Hahaha!  Yeah I admit I get the cough, spit and sputter  ;D

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 06:27:45 PM »

Sounds like the issues one would expect when you're forced to tune on the left side of dino.  If it ain't broke don't fix it Pete.  Runs and feels good, fuel mileage is what you expect, pipes look normal, makes you happy; just go for it.  Nothing in your chart that screams, "spend more money now!"

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2018, 11:12:57 PM »

Thanks guys,  you think the chart looks good then I'm good with that. If it wants to run a bit lean at the bottom end I think I can live with that. I don't believe it's overly lean because of the header pipes are not discolored and the silencers have that little bit of black dry sooty powder to them.

And your right Don,...if it ain't broke don't try to fix it.

J.D.

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 11:24:17 PM »

Probably started the recording from a rolling start, coming off speed with throttle closed.  That would explain the start of the graph a:f curves.  As long as it's not popping off idle when accelerating or when decelerating then don't screw with it.  Those curves are very good.  All exhaust systems will get a little sooty.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2018, 09:06:29 AM »

Sounds like the issues one would expect when you're forced to tune driveon the left side of dino.  If it ain't broke don't fix it Pete.  Runs and feels good, fuel mileage is what you expect, pipes look normal, makes you happy; just go for it.  Nothing in your chart that screams, "spend more money now!"
Lol.  Subtle, very subtle.  Fixed that to pull the other leg (longlast, that's like taking the piss.  Cheers, mate).
If you want peace, prepare for war.

rigidthumper

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2018, 11:54:51 AM »

Did you pay for a tune, or a set of baseline pulls?
I'd ask him to reprint a copy of the sheet in SAE correction factor, showing torque on left and power on right, with AFR on the bottom. Ask him which cylinder he sampled. 
If you want that corrected, a FP isn't going to get you there easily.

groupw

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

• CVO1: Silver/Silver '16 SERGU
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 12:11:16 PM »

just go for it.  Nothing in your chart that screams, "spend more money now!"

..............   :2vrolijk_09:

Page created in 0.244 seconds with 22 queries.