Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Karen Davidson Please Read This  (Read 12697 times)

SPIDERMAN

Karen Davidson Please Read This
« on: March 11, 2007, 02:46:34 PM »

Hi Karen,
            Hope you don't mind me calling you by your first name. I feel like we know each other since I've been sending your family about $15,000 a year for going on 30 years now. I'm writing today to see if I can get you do something about the poor quality zippers in your motorclothes. I love Harley-Davidson leathers, and own 6 of your jackets as well as a couple pairs of chaps and two sets of rain gear. So it's not like I'm some newbie expecting hand made quality or anything. The problem is I keep having to replace the zippers. Or should I say the pull mechanisms. I've never had a problem with the teeth, always that pesky little pull whatchamacalit that actually puts the zip in the zipper. Just broke the one on my Torque leather jacket and I had just gotten my chaps back after 8 weeks. I'm not even going to try to work with one of your dealers on the jacket. I don't have 8 weeks of patience on this issue. Hope you can understand why that might be. Anyway, there's this nice Vietnamese lady down the street that will fix me up in 4 days for $25. Can I send you the bill ?  Seems only fair considering what a loyal customer I am. Thank you for your time. I know you're probably busy looking for new and cheaper ways to manufacture your line of Harley-Davidson apparel.

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Karen Davidson Please Read This
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 02:56:52 PM »

Hi Karen,
            Hope you don't mind me calling you by your first name. I feel like we know each other since I've been sending your family about $15,000 a year for going on 30 years now. I'm writing today to see if I can get you do something about the poor quality zippers in your motorclothes. I love Harley-Davidson leathers, and own 6 of your jackets as well as a couple pairs of chaps and two sets of rain gear. So it's not like I'm some newbie expecting hand made quality or anything. The problem is I keep having to replace the zippers. Or should I say the pull mechanisms. I've never had a problem with the teeth, always that pesky little pull whatchamacalit that actually puts the zip in the zipper. Just broke the one on my Torque leather jacket and I had just gotten my chaps back after 8 weeks. I'm not even going to try to work with one of your dealers on the jacket. I don't have 8 weeks of patience on this issue. Hope you can understand why that might be. Anyway, there's this nice Vietnamese lady down the street that will fix me up in 4 days for $25. Can I send you the bill ?  Seems only fair considering what a loyal customer I am. Thank you for your time. I know you're probably busy looking for new and cheaper ways to manufacture your line of Harley-Davidson apparel.

B B

You must have missed the "Properly Working Zipper" accessory in the P&A catalog. You know the deal. Buy their stuff, then make it work right from the P&A catalog. But now that you asked her nicely, I'm sure she'll bend over backwards to accomodate you. I think it's more likely though that you'll be the one continuing to bend over! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 03:18:52 PM »

To: Spiderman

I can tell from your letter that your are a loyal customer of our company which since founded has prided itself on quality American craftsmanship.  I can not therefore understand why you are finding a problem with our Chinese zippers and leathers.

We make every effort to make sure that these Chinese products are the premium quality you should expect in China.  We take only the best quality Chinese products, of course with the lowest bid.

I am sorry that I can not assist you with your nice Vietnamese lady down the street, but if you would like to use any of our dealers we will be happy to have our quality inspectors decide if your zipper failed or simply does not work do to unauthorized modification or application of a non-Harley lubricant to enhance the zipper's performance.

You may want however to get the new "premium quality" scripted ball cap from the dealer next time you are in, they are usually fail safe and we appreciate the free advertising.

Best regards,

KD's assistant (kd is out tanning)

« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 03:21:16 PM by Rjob749 »

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 04:13:05 PM »

B B,   

I feel your pain as in the last 6 or so years the quality has really gone the wrong direction.
I swear everytime you buy something at the dealerships, you better try it on as the sizes very SO much.

Maybe Karen, will step up and solve all of our issues with a much better quality control process in the motorclothes department  :nixweiss:

jeffj

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 04:32:03 PM »

The problem is I keep having to replace the zippers. Or should I say the pull mechanisms. I've never had a problem with the teeth, always that pesky little pull whatchamacalit that actually puts the zip in the zipper.

Look at the size of the teeth on the H D leathers and then compare to a real zipper. Amazing that they get out of the store still together. I expect that they're fine for fashion leathers but that crap just don't get it if you really intend to wear one riding.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 04:33:40 PM »

A sarcastic bunch for sure. Would be funny as chit if it weren't so true.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 04:50:02 PM »

A sarcastic bunch for sure. Would be funny as chit if it weren't so true.

I feel the pain.  Like B B I have my share of MoCo zippers.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 05:43:03 PM »

Go to Iron Braids (the same folks that make the really good levers) and get some Zipper pulls made in colors to match the jackets.  Don't just repair; improve  :2vrolijk_21: .

http://www.ironbraid.com/zipperpulls.html

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 05:54:11 PM »

These boots are now 9 years old...Harley Lace up zipper boots...love 'em...

Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 06:23:13 PM »

Hey Karen,  I get a call from the clothing manager at the local dealer saying this years SE jacket is in for me. They just automatically order them in my size because of the "Elmelda Marcos" syndrome.  I drive 35 miles try it on and sleeves are 3" short?  Spock couldnt answer as to why. Same size as last years.  AND that $450 beauty , the first time on and zipped up the pull and gizmo fly off the top !  The crappy teeth at the top were not crimped right and now no zip. Brand spankin... so they warrenty it in 2 weeks.  NOW the real reason for this letter is the zippers on these boots! They cant be used as they dont stay zipped,instead they split open in the middle and make it near impossible to get home without good ole duck tape.   So I just leave them zipped with the crazy glue still holding them toether. Then In Daytona  2 years ago while walking around  THIS happens. Wolverine nor HD  will do anything about it and even $20 at the shoe repair shop couldnt re glue them.  Boy those CRUISER WORKS  boots sure are comfortable!!!
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 08:12:45 PM »

Hey Karen,  I get a call from the clothing manager at the local dealer saying this years SE jacket is in for me. They just automatically order them in my size because of the "Elmelda Marcos" syndrome.  I drive 35 miles try it on and sleeves are 3" short?  Spock couldnt answer as to why. Same size as last years.  AND that $450 beauty , the first time on and zipped up the pull and gizmo fly off the top !  The crappy teeth at the top were not crimped right and now no zip. Brand spankin... so they warrenty it in 2 weeks.  NOW the real reason for this letter is the zippers on these boots! They cant be used as they dont stay zipped,instead they split open in the middle and make it near impossible to get home without good ole duck tape.   So I just leave them zipped with the crazy glue still holding them toether. Then In Daytona  2 years ago while walking around  THIS happens. Wolverine nor HD  will do anything about it and even $20 at the shoe repair shop couldnt re glue them.  Boy those CRUISER WORKS  boots sure are comfortable!!!

How fast were you going when you suffered the blow out. Could of been really nasty. I had that happen many years ago w/ a tenny runner and I'm glad I survived it.

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2007, 08:24:25 PM »

I actually Just got off the Heritage and was walking away ,  it was the wierdest feeling and was just to funny with duck tape to finish the day.  It all boiled down to a 1 yr warrentee  that was over by a few months.  The new ones o bought for thier replacement had zipper problems also. China junk is the bottom line.  Really sad  imho.    Thing is   I think about it every time i lace up those zipperless ones now.
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2007, 08:43:51 PM »

Karen...None of your leathers fit me!!  You must be using the Chinamen for fitting as well as assembly...how about making something that will fit AMERICANS who have eaten too many Big Macs, and had a few too many Negra Modelo's?  Then you REALLY need good zippers to hold in all that middle part on us.  And if you haven't noticed, many of the women here have those LARGE AMERICAN BREASTS, so the jackets don't fit them either!!

I think I'll stick with the Fox Creek Leathers, and buy your patches to have sewn on by B B's Vietnamese friend!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2007, 10:09:20 PM »

LMAO!!!
These are the same thoughts I have when only one side of the zipper pulls up on my$550.00 HD leather jacket and it catches my finger in the process. This is an EZ fix though as I don't buy anything from the MOCO anymore. Love & kisses to you Karen! 8)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2007, 11:24:21 AM »

Why pay $450 for a Harley Leather Jacket? I found one at a truck stop/car wash/video store for $29.95. The first thing I noticed is the zipper was assbackwards. (pull on the left side) Hmm, for $29.95 I might could learn to deal with that. Yes, it was for sure a men's jacket. After zipping it up and trying it on, I decided I'd buy it. Now, to get out of it. I tried to unzip it, but found it impossible. It zips and unzips at the same time. No matter what I did, it would not unzip. I badly wanted to bust my way out of that jacket. But, I stood in line, and explained the situation to the clerk, "Your jacket won't turn me aloose."

No, I didn't buy it. It could have just been one faulty jacket out of 20, but, I was afraid to try on another one. 
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.