Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: EXT. WARANTY ISSUE  (Read 2686 times)

don

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
EXT. WARANTY ISSUE
« on: November 05, 2004, 05:46:37 PM »

I got the se hi flow kit, se race mufflers, and stage 1 chip dyno max power=83.55 at 5000rpm  max torque=97.46at 3900rpm  was a 87deegree day just came in from a 400 mile trip ,I guess this sound normal. Wanting a little more torque & power I ask the dealer were I got the serk 103 from if it would be ok to go to the power commander and the reinhart exhaust that I read that some of you have a fitting issue with the Reinhart. The HD dealer said that we would have a problem with the ext. waranty if I should need it, is this so? He thinks we could pull it off if we go with the race tuner from harley.Has any body been down this road. Is it worth the 1000.00 bucks for 5 more lbs of torqur. This bike starts good, never spark knox, get 40 mpg on the avrage, used 1quart of Syn 3 in the motor on a 4500 mile trip. Also use syn3 in the primary, and in the tranny with a clean drain plug on the tranny drain plug. The primary drain was pretty dirty. When it is show time I tell the wife to hang on tight and we pop a wheelie with the King, she gets a kick out of the guys on the side line laughing and smilling with a thumbs up wanting to see that again.  Some fatherly advice would be very welcomed.   Ride on Ride safe  don
FLHRSEI-2 ONE FUN BIKE

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: EXT. WARANTY ISSUE
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 06:06:43 PM »

Check out this post. It addresses the issue with the extended warranty:

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=eg_gen;action=display;num=1077731147

[smiley=laugh.gif]

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 07:37:32 AM »

The good thing about a power commander is that you can unplug it and the dealer will never no that it had been on the bike.  The race tuner reburns the ECM and doe not stay on the bike and will void the warranty,  I guess if you had a problem you could reflash a stock map(think it comes with one its been a while since I used one) and the dealer would probably not know.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2004, 07:54:01 AM »

Seems like the bottom line on the HD race tuner lies with the dealer.  If the service manager doesn't void the warranty there's no problem.  Used one on my last three bikes and have had a full effect extended warranty on all of them.  Answer is....pick your dealer carefully! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

don

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2004, 08:58:20 AM »

The Hd dealer said that if I would install the power commander and something goes wrong in that area that the ECM could store a problem that would kinda tell on a guy, true or fales?              Also has anyone had any experence with the vance and hines  header pipes. Im thanking SCREAMING EAGLE AND VANCE & HINES , doing so good at the drag races this year.                                          
FLHRSEI-2 ONE FUN BIKE

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2004, 09:14:11 AM »

Yes, my tech sources tell me that the ECM does have memory history.  It's been my experience that most HD dealers are much more likely to honor the warranty with the HD Race Tuner than they are with the aftermarket Power Commander.

don

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2004, 12:19:38 PM »

OK Race Tuner it will be. Now which exhaust. Rienhart ,Thunder header or Vance & Hines. Torque is what I'm after, Being its the 3000 rpm range I ride at 99% of the time.                                                                                                                                                                                  Ride On    don
FLHRSEI-2 ONE FUN BIKE

don

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2004, 08:21:11 PM »

Why does harley put a Y pipe at the # 2 cylinder? Their must be a reason. I called Vance & Hines today on their true dual header, they said that the S.E. mufflers will hook up to them. Ive never seen the V&H header on a serk. Has anybody bolted them up? Wondering about the fit and mapping on this set up. Thanks for the help      don
FLHRSEI-2 ONE FUN BIKE

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 02:10:01 AM »

Don,

I called Vance and Hines today as well to ask about the fitament on my Seeg and acceptance of the SE performance mufflers. They said it should bolt up just fine and will accept the mufflers as they told you. I asked in another thread if anybody has installed the pipes and so far no one has responded with a yes. I have read postive feedback on another board about them but so far the only pictures I have seen is on V&H's website.
  I am going to take a chance with the pipes as V&H makes a good product and I believe a good tuner will be able to get results comparable to other true duals. I also like the fact that they will accept different mufflers as it will give me options to change them out if I choose. V&H also told me that their Dresser Duals will give a 4% bump in Hp and tq over the stock setup.
  I personally think the stock set up is okay as my bike runs great with the aircleaner, mufflers, and race tuner map, but I think it just looks right to have two pipes and two mufflers on a bagger! Also, I have read a few times that when working with the race tuner it is easier to dial in the rear cylinder with dual pipes. If you keep the stock system the tuner should take off the left muffler and plug the pipe to get an accurate read.
05 Green FLHTCSE2
Vance and Hines Dresser Duals
SE performance mufflers Kerker Mikuni baffles
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 08:29:25 PM »

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004, 09:28:15 PM »

Twolanerider,

Thanks for the info that is what I was looking for. What brake pedal do you have stock or ez-brake? Also, what mufflers are you running? Did the pipes change the sound of them? It seems that other true duals have some fitment issues as well as I know my buddies have wrestled with the Rhineharts during their installations. My parts guy can get me a set for 296.05 plus tax so I think I am going to pull the trigger on them.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 09:29:02 PM by mstern »
05 Green FLHTCSE2
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

don

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2004, 09:55:42 PM »

Thanks for the tip Twolanerider. Im with MAS going to order from direct part.com < I thank they were 300 bucks with free shiping and no tax if you live out of Arz.
FLHRSEI-2 ONE FUN BIKE

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2004, 10:03:36 AM »

I've got the brake pedal that is the stock piece on the SEEGs.  But that's not the standard stock brade pedal.  We've got the "Extended Reach Billet" lever and I think it's a little thicker and it's arc is a bit different than the stock piece.

I can't tell you about a difference in the sound of the mufflers before and after the V&H pipes as I was changing mufflers and pipes at the same time.  Sorry.

You might check a place called CycleSpot ( www.cyclespot.com ) in Tucson.  I paid $264.95 for the pipes there.  I think the shipping charge was $20.00 on top of that (but don't remember for sure).

don

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2004, 04:35:10 PM »

Hey Towlanerider
     What mufflers did you go with?
FLHRSEI-2 ONE FUN BIKE

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2004, 04:45:13 PM »

I used the White Bro's E Series mufflers.  For external appearance I actually was quite pleased with the stock pieces.  But, alas, there is this gagging problem.....  

I've used the E Series mufflers on Road Kings before.  Like the easy tunablility, the sound is ok, the performance from them is satisfactory, and the look is generally ok too.  I've yet to get the bike on the dyno so can't yet say how they'll actually end up working on the 103 as opposed to the 88s or 80s I've used them on before.  Will post here when that gets done.

MAS

• Full CVO Member
  • LO and SLO
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2004, 05:59:09 PM »

I used the White Bro's E Series mufflers.
05 Green FLHTCSE2
SE High flow kit
HD Race tuner
Progressive 440 shocks
02 Big Dog Bulldog

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2004, 08:15:43 PM »

Any slip on mufflers will work fine with the pipes.  The diameter is the same and they just stick out back there like they're supposed to.  Nothing really hard about accepting mufflers unless something is too long or too short.  And nothing is.

As for the brake pedal without having the two side by side it's really impossible to say.  I had the EZ Brake pedal on my last Road King.  Loved the feel and the look of it.  And going strictly from memory as to its width and arc my first inclination is to say that it would clear a bit more than the pedal on the SEEG does.  But I'm really not at all sure.  It's just an impression that comes from seeing each piece but never from having seen them side by side.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.