Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: KURYAKYN GRANTAVELER BAG Anyone using one of these?  (Read 5409 times)

IronButt

• Banned
  • Senior CVO Member
  • HOME LAND SECURITY!

• CVO1: 2012 SE7 (10/15/11)
    • CVO2: 2007 UC-110 SE
    • CVO3: 1965 FLH
KURYAKYN GRANTAVELER BAG Anyone using one of these?
« on: March 25, 2007, 09:48:19 PM »

Is anyone using one of these tourpack bags or something different?

KURYAKYN GRANTAVELER BAG
http://www.cyclespot.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Category_Code=Kuryakyn_motorcycle_bag&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=K4149

IronButt

• Banned
  • Senior CVO Member
  • HOME LAND SECURITY!

Re: KURYAKYN GRANTAVELER BAG Anyone using one of these?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 05:06:56 PM »

Thank you to those who sent me a PM, I ordered one today and will post follow up photos and a review when it arrives.

Thank you

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 08:34:55 AM »

IB,
I got one a couple months ago and went from SC to Key West and back and it worked great!
Lots of room in it and attaches very easy as well.  You will like it!

TimBone

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 06:05:08 PM »

This Dekker Supreme is the one that I bought, while in Colorado last year...........   http://www.t-bags.com/Detail.aspx?ID=2&selectedcat=3

However, I was able to see Ironbutt's tour rack bag this weekend and I have to say that I like his much better.  His is a hard case (not sure if it's metal or plastic) with thin walls, which provides more securtiy for the items inside.  The Dekker is soft sided with large (about 1" thick foam) side walls, bottom and top.  That's nice but it also takes up a lot of storage space.  His also looks nicer, in my opinion.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 06:42:17 PM »

IB/JCZ

Is it safe to assume that this bag requires the standard width king tour pack rack and not the mini one that is on our 06/07 leather turtlebacks?

Thanks,

Mark
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 06:51:44 PM by nixobilly »

IronButt

• Banned
  • Senior CVO Member
  • HOME LAND SECURITY!

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 09:16:26 PM »

Mark,
Mine is the standard size rack.

IB

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 10:15:32 AM »

IB/JCZ

Is it safe to assume that this bag requires the standard width king tour pack rack and not the mini one that is on our 06/07 leather turtlebacks?

Thanks,

Mark
They're designed for the Premium Tour Pack rack but I don't see why they'd not work on the 06 and 07 model year luggage racks.  They'd just not fasten with the attached velcro straps.................you might have to bungy cord it on.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 02:06:32 PM »

They're designed for the Premium Tour Pack rack but I don't see why they'd not work on the 06 and 07 model year luggage racks.  They'd just not fasten with the attached velcro straps.................you might have to bungy cord it on.

The Kury website states the tour rack needs to be 11" long for the Grantraveller.In your opinion, it should fit the 06-07 model years not utilizing velcro. Maybe I could make a snap buckle fastener with wbbing instead.  Have not seen one in person but so far this appears to be the best option for an on rack bag.  Others also look ok.  I need to check out the T-bag site I suppose.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 03:36:49 PM »

The Kury website states the tour rack needs to be 11" long for the Grantraveller.In your opinion, it should fit the 06-07 model years not utilizing velcro. Maybe I could make a snap buckle fastener with wbbing instead.  Have not seen one in person but so far this appears to be the best option for an on rack bag.  Others also look ok.  I need to check out the T-bag site I suppose.

Mike...I've got the Kury 4720 (I think that's the number) and it works well on our racks.  But this bag does look nicer, though it's a big honkin' thing.  I'm sure nobody ever puts more than 10lbs on top of the rack though..... ;)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 04:04:27 PM »

Mike...I've got the Kury 4720 (I think that's the number) and it works well on our racks.  But this bag does look nicer, though it's a big honkin' thing.  I'm sure nobody ever puts more than 10lbs on top of the rack though..... ;)

Terry - Thanks.  I'll check out the Kury 4720.  I have a T-Bag with a roll bag I have used for years, but the T-Bag is too large and the roll bag is a little too small.  One reason we are looking for one is to carry another set of helmets for summer riding.  Full face on the long leg trip portions and the half helmets for the riding after we get there.

Of course we would NEVER put more than 10 lbs on top of the tour pack.... ;)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 04:57:07 PM »

But this bag does look nicer, though it's a big honkin' thing.  I'm sure nobody ever puts more than 10lbs on top of the rack though..... ;)

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:Terry, I've never put less than 15 :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 05:00:19 PM »

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:Terry, I've never put less than 15 :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

What, you mean you took off that tag on the rack saying never put more than 15 lbs on it?   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: I'm surprised at you, JC   ;) ;D ;D

TTS Mastertune

IronButt

• Banned
  • Senior CVO Member
  • HOME LAND SECURITY!

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 06:34:42 PM »

The bag comes with quick detatch clips and LET ME TAKE A PICTURE  :2vrolijk_21:  :worthless:

There are 4 hook and loop that I Left on the bag that are also included. With the 4 hook and loop it took me less than a minute to mount and dismount the bag.

The 2 in th middle of the photo are each 1 ft on hook and 1 ft loop with a clip.

Also with 8 d-rings on the bag you can attach other stuff to it ensuring a proper overload of your tourpack rack :o

IB

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 06:37:08 PM »

The bag comes with quick detatch clips and LET ME TAKE A PICTURE  :2vrolijk_21:  :worthless:

There are 4 hook and loop that I Left on the bag that are also included. With the 4 hook and loop it took me less than a minute to mount and dismount the bag.

The 2 in th middle of the photo are each 1 ft on hook and 1 ft loop with a clip.

Also with 8 d-rings on the bag you can attach other stuff to it ensuring a proper overload of your tourpack rack :o

IB

Thanks IB!  Easy.  Looks like it's already set up well.

I bet I can get 15 1/2 or even 16 pounds in that bag.   shhhhhhhhh. ;D

IronButt

• Banned
  • Senior CVO Member
  • HOME LAND SECURITY!

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 06:38:31 PM »

Hook and loop straps on lower rings

IronButt

• Banned
  • Senior CVO Member
  • HOME LAND SECURITY!

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2007, 06:40:45 PM »

Thanks IB!  Easy.  Looks like it's already set up well.

I bet I can get 15 1/2 or even 16 pounds in that bag.   shhhhhhhhh. ;D

It really depends on cup size  :huepfenjump3:

IB

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2007, 06:50:01 PM »

It really depends on cup size  :huepfenjump3:

IB

Beer spew.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007, 10:25:24 PM »

Mike...I took a good look at this bag at the Kury display in PC this weekend.  It's a really nice bag, but IMO more suited for the King TP and rack, as it is very large!  Not just the width, but the depth of the bag...I'm not sure how well it would fit on the smaller rack we have   :nixweiss:

TTS Mastertune

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2007, 10:49:17 PM »

Wow that is a big bag.  Tha wife could take half the closet in that.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2007, 08:42:53 AM »

Mike...I took a good look at this bag at the Kury display in PC this weekend.  It's a really nice bag, but IMO more suited for the King TP and rack, as it is very large!  Not just the width, but the depth of the bag...I'm not sure how well it would fit on the smaller rack we have   :nixweiss:

Thanks Terry.  Will look for something a little smaller.  Maybe that Kury helmet bag?  Lisa & I regret not getting to PC this weekend - I was committed to leading a dinner ride and we were traveling the 2 weekends previous.  Hope You & Suzanne had a gret time - weather was great.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2007, 11:14:42 AM »

Thanks Terry.  Will look for something a little smaller.  Maybe that Kury helmet bag?  Lisa & I regret not getting to PC this weekend - I was committed to leading a dinner ride and we were traveling the 2 weekends previous.  Hope You & Suzanne had a gret time - weather was great.

Mike...I was way off on the number I gave you for the one I have...I'll attach a pic.  The only thing is that it will not hold two 1/2 helmets.  One is no problem, plus extra stuff.  What I like about this bag is the convenience of the two end pockets to hold stuff you need to get to on the road.  Once you figure out how to strap it on, it works great, and it looks good with our leather TP, IMO.  It's also easy to carry.

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2007, 11:17:03 AM »

PS...you can pick one up on e-bay for about 100 bucks + shipping.

TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2007, 11:40:18 AM »

Mike...I was way off on the number I gave you for the one I have...I'll attach a pic.  The only thing is that it will not hold two 1/2 helmets.  One is no problem, plus extra stuff.  What I like about this bag is the convenience of the two end pockets to hold stuff you need to get to on the road.  Once you figure out how to strap it on, it works great, and it looks good with our leather TP, IMO.  It's also easy to carry.

Terry - thanks for posting the pic.  That is close to what I have now - roll top bag from a 2 part T-Bag.  One helmet fits but not 2.  I use it for rain suits since it is easy access with the lid closed.

I'll look around some more - Grantraveler is off the list.

IronButt

• Banned
  • Senior CVO Member
  • HOME LAND SECURITY!

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2007, 11:57:46 AM »

Terry - thanks for posting the pic.  That is close to what I have now - roll top bag from a 2 part T-Bag.  One helmet fits but not 2.  I use it for rain suits since it is easy access with the lid closed.

I'll look around some more - Grantraveler is off the list.

With your small rack, I agree  :2vrolijk_21:

Please post what you find, I am sure many people out there want to know what will work.  :)

IB
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 21 queries.