Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: How Did We Miss This? Chrome rear tail light extension  (Read 18729 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: How Did We Miss This? Chrome rear tail light extension
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2007, 03:56:44 PM »

Don, I have the impression nothing had to come off.  It sits right on top of what's there with the tape I thought.

That will make it easy.  Just from quickly eyeballing it I couldn't tell if we had to lose that bracket immediately below the strut or it if just laid on top.  I was hoping/assuming it just laid on top.  Guess the loop for the rear detachable point will have to come and then get reinstalled back through the hole.  But a BFH and a torch will handle that quite nicely.

I am thinking of using some small flush mounted lamps from the street rod shop though.  Mounting them in the side cover part of this thing about a 1/3rd of the way up.  Set them up for a blinker/brake/tail function.  Would't be that much more effort while all the crap is out of the way and the wiring is accessible.

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2007, 09:20:27 PM »

Don,
The only thing I removed were the 2 red filler strips that were between each saddlebag. 
I could have easily left them, but it looked very much out of place behind the black
on the new piece, so off they came.  On the FLHX bikes this piece is bolted to the
fender and TimBone wasn't about to do any drilling in the fender.  3M all the way!!
I will try and take a few pics this weekend with the bags off and post them up. 
Me and Abby are headed to Augusta, Ga tomorrow for a day trip and visit the Dealer
since we have never been there before.
Have Fun,
Tim

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2007, 10:24:27 PM »

Don,
The only thing I removed were the 2 red filler strips that were between each saddlebag. 
I could have easily left them, but it looked very much out of place behind the black
on the new piece, so off they came.  On the FLHX bikes this piece is bolted to the
fender and TimBone wasn't about to do any drilling in the fender.  3M all the way!!
I will try and take a few pics this weekend with the bags off and post them up. 
Me and Abby are headed to Augusta, Ga tomorrow for a day trip and visit the Dealer
since we have never been there before.
Have Fun,
Tim

Thanks Tim.  I was hoping this would be one of those everything-stays-in-place-just-stick-it-on kind of jobs.  And it looked like it might.  I'd just been too lazy to look at it that closely until after I got the part painted.

Thanks again,
Don

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2007, 07:41:17 AM »

Adds a street glide cool with Bling factor  :2vrolijk_21:
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2007, 01:06:50 PM »

So one week after I get my Street Glide light installed this new item is available from the MoCo.  Just great.

Sure would have been simpler to go this way.  Not sure I would do chrome but I sure as heck would have thought about it OCD and all.

Tri-Bar Lighted Rear Fender Extension Kit

Add a "tail-dragger" look to the rear fender. The Tri-Bar Rear Fender Extension wraps the trailing edge of the fender in chrome, and the integrated Tri-Bar LED light bands add a practical touch. The three smoked light bands glow red in the running mode, and increase in intensity when the brakes are applied. The complete kit includes the chrome-plated ABS housing, fast-acting LED lamp assembly, and all necessary installation hardware.

91067-07 Fits '99-later FLHR, FLHT, FLHTC, and FLHTCU models.

MSRP US $179.95

Does anyone know if this works with the Bushtec Vertical Receiver trailer hitch?
 :nixweiss:

thanks.....Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2007, 06:40:26 PM »

Does anyone know if this works with the Bushtec Vertical Receiver trailer hitch?
 :nixweiss:

thanks.....Scott

I would suggest you Call the folks at Bushtec, they will be able to tell you for sure - That part was not out when I did mine and at that time They (Bushtec) Supplied the Chrome V rail for $5 Less that the HD dealer, Post back if you get an answer I'LL ORDER ONE IF IT FITS :)

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2007, 07:17:21 PM »

Too funny.  I've still got my parts here waiting to get them painted to match the red.  So not as far along as you.  Might eBay the whole mess and consider this; except I think I like the look the whole thing painted to match. 

Will have to think about it a little bit..... 

Hmmmmmmm?

im thinkin the red would be the deal.....    although the kuryakyn would be a creative SUBTOTBF solution

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2007, 09:53:24 PM »

im thinkin the red would be the deal.....    although the kuryakyn would be a creative SUBTOTBF solution

Scot, I'm actually more and more ambivalent about the whole thing as time passes.  I like the look of the FLHX rear extension and it's light.  I really don't care for that new chrome stub Harley just released.  But neither the Harley nor the Kuryakyn stuff really really give me warm fuzzies when I see any of it.

Quite frankly I'm not even that wild about the filler panels.  I actually kind of like just having it all opened and seeing the mechanicals.  Even more so with one all chromed out like TC's or Q's recent upgrades.

I'll eventually get the FLHX stuff on (probably).  But I'm not so excited about it that I see it happening today or tomorrow.  But it'll get done sometime (probably.....).

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2007, 08:04:06 AM »

I would suggest you Call the folks at Bushtec, they will be able to tell you for sure - That part was not out when I did mine and at that time They (Bushtec) Supplied the Chrome V rail for $5 Less that the HD dealer, Post back if you get an answer I'LL ORDER ONE IF IT FITS :)

John Preston emailed me and told me this will fit with the vertical receiver hitch.  Both the chrome and the street glide version.  When I get one installed, I will follow up and confirm....

Scott
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 12:57:18 PM by sadunbar »
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2007, 08:20:40 AM »

John Preston emailed me and tell me this will fit with the vertical receiver hitch.  Both the chrome and the street glide version.  When I get one installed, I will follow up and confirm....
Scott

That's Great! Thanks for doing the leg work :) Post some pix's of the hitch install and the bumper guard  :2vrolijk_21:

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2007, 11:02:32 AM »

Scot, I'm actually more and more ambivalent about the whole thing as time passes.  I like the look of the FLHX rear extension and it's light.  I really don't care for that new chrome stub Harley just released.  But neither the Harley nor the Kuryakyn stuff really really give me warm fuzzies when I see any of it.

Quite frankly I'm not even that wild about the filler panels.  I actually kind of like just having it all opened and seeing the mechanicals.  Even more so with one all chromed out like TC's or Q's recent upgrades.

I'll eventually get the FLHX stuff on (probably).  But I'm not so excited about it that I see it happening today or tomorrow.  But it'll get done sometime (probably.....).

mr commitment  lol..you'll (probably) run out of other chit to change off the bike and (probably) be bored one night..paint it yerself and stick it on..lol

Pbody

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2007, 12:21:27 AM »

So one week after I get my Street Glide light installed this new item is available from the MoCo.  Just great.

Sure would have been simpler to go this way.  Not sure I would do chrome but I sure as heck would have thought about it OCD and all.

Tri-Bar Lighted Rear Fender Extension Kit

Add a "tail-dragger" look to the rear fender. The Tri-Bar Rear Fender Extension wraps the trailing edge of the fender in chrome, and the integrated Tri-Bar LED light bands add a practical touch. The three smoked light bands glow red in the running mode, and increase in intensity when the brakes are applied. The complete kit includes the chrome-plated ABS housing, fast-acting LED lamp assembly, and all necessary installation hardware.

91067-07 Fits '99-later FLHR, FLHT, FLHTC, and FLHTCU models.

MSRP US $179.95

I like it...  Does anyone have a picture of a chromed version installed--preferably on the rear of a blue 07 SEUC???  I like the idea of it, but would like to see it on a bike like mine before I hassle with ordering/shipping, etc....

Thx.
Pbody...

2007 Smurf SEUC, Birthdate 9/11/06

Proud to be an American Infidel!

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2007, 10:53:52 AM »

I like it...  Does anyone have a picture of a chromed version installed--preferably on the rear of a blue 07 SEUC???  I like the idea of it, but would like to see it on a bike like mine before I hassle with ordering/shipping, etc....

Thx.
Pbody...

Pbody,
Here's a link to an old thread with pics of chrome version installed on my black/orange 07.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=13301.0

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Pbody

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2007, 07:38:23 PM »

Pbody,
Here's a link to an old thread with pics of chrome version installed on my black/orange 07.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=13301.0

Thanks 07...
2007 Smurf SEUC, Birthdate 9/11/06

Proud to be an American Infidel!

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2007, 11:06:26 PM »

UPS just brought my order from Chicago HD, which included the "tail dragger" (91067-07). :apple: :orange: :bananarock: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21:  Been very busy and leaving town in a day or two, so will not get to install the new bling for a week or so.

Has anyone installed this piece themselves?  Looks like I will have to drill two holes in the rear fender to install.  My question is; after you drill the holes in the fender, do you suggest some type of corrosion prevention for the exposed metal around the edge of the newly drilled holes?

I will take a few pics of all the new bling and post in a couple of weeks.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 21 queries.