Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Defender Jeans  (Read 2680 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Defender Jeans
« on: May 09, 2007, 12:06:50 PM »

Got me a pair of Diamond Gusset Defender Jeans last week prior to leaving for Thunder on the Beach in Panama City.  I've been wearing Diamond Gusset regular jeans now for 8 months or so, and they have become the only jeans I wear while riding because of the comfort they provide for the "boys".  So, thought I'd give the Defenders a try, with the Kevlar in the butt, knees, and hip area.  The jeans are just as comfortable as their others.  The Kevlar reinforced areas require a bit more stiching in the knee area, but they still don't look bad and those areas are just as flexible as any other jean I've worn.  There is a key loop on the right side, and a small velcroed pocket on the right lower thigh area which is perfect for the cell phone or other small item.  Normal jean pockets are everywhere else.  The bottom of each leg also has a velcro tab to tighten the pant around your boot, if desired.  This would also keep the bottom portion of the pant from being pushed up in the event of a slide, or seal off the wind when your feet are on the highway pegs.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the comfort and quality, and would recommend them to those looking for a bit of added protection while riding without chaps.  In hot weather (it was near 90 coming home Sunday) the butt is just a bit warmer than with normal jeans, but it's a small amount and a small price to pay for the protection factor.

Here's the link, if anyone is interested:  http://www.gussetclothing.com/defend.html

Suzanne found a pair of ladies Draggin' Jeans and found them very comfortable as well.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Defender Jeans
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 02:11:45 PM »

Got me a pair of Diamond Gusset Defender Jeans last week prior to leaving for Thunder on the Beach in Panama City.  I've been wearing Diamond Gusset regular jeans now for 8 months or so, and they have become the only jeans I wear while riding because of the comfort they provide for the "boys".  So, thought I'd give the Defenders a try, with the Kevlar in the butt, knees, and hip area.  The jeans are just as comfortable as their others.  The Kevlar reinforced areas require a bit more stiching in the knee area, but they still don't look bad and those areas are just as flexible as any other jean I've worn.  There is a key loop on the right side, and a small velcroed pocket on the right lower thigh area which is perfect for the cell phone or other small item.  Normal jean pockets are everywhere else.  The bottom of each leg also has a velcro tab to tighten the pant around your boot, if desired.  This would also keep the bottom portion of the pant from being pushed up in the event of a slide, or seal off the wind when your feet are on the highway pegs.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the comfort and quality, and would recommend them to those looking for a bit of added protection while riding without chaps.  In hot weather (it was near 90 coming home Sunday) the butt is just a bit warmer than with normal jeans, but it's a small amount and a small price to pay for the protection factor.

Here's the link, if anyone is interested:  http://www.gussetclothing.com/defend.html

Suzanne found a pair of ladies Draggin' Jeans and found them very comfortable as well.

Glad you liked them Terry.  As mentioned before my impressions were pretty much the same.  With the velcro and the key ring loop and the few other differences it was obvious they really had had some riders input on making a riding specific blue jean.  Really liked all that myself.  But that they fit and feel ok really was the best part.

Kind of pricey at $125.00 or so (if I remember correctly).  But since I was there I got to pick from the pile of seconds so getting a pair for a tiny bit less than half off made it more palatable. 

Wonder if Kevlar in the seat means that Diva will have to swing the paddle harder now...  :nixweiss:  ???  ::)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 03:03:29 PM »

Makes my a$$ more difficult for her to pinch.... ;)

I gave 'em a call to see if I could get a pair of seconds, and of course, they didn't have my size.  Nor did they have my size in stock, period, so had to make 'em.  Guess they don't keep midget clothes in stock... :)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

FLHRSE3

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 06:09:03 PM »

Does anybody have any input on these $50 specials??

http://www.compacc.com/prod.cfm/cid/1001002/pid/16577

Page created in 0.411 seconds with 21 queries.