Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wayne Pierce owner of Dekalb, IL dealership  (Read 2127 times)

Rides2007Harley

Wayne Pierce owner of Dekalb, IL dealership
« on: July 18, 2007, 08:08:16 PM »

The co-owner of the Dekalb IL dealership was killed recently when a car made a left turn in front of him.  If you have never been to this dealership they have one of the finest museums that I have ever seen.  Small dealership in a small town but a friendly guy who sold at MSRP while others were 1K or more over.

http://dekalb-chronicle.com/articles/2007/07/05/news/latest_news/anews01.txt

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
Re: Wayne Pierce owner of Dekalb, IL dealership
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 08:14:47 PM »

An absolute tragedy. Thoughts and prayers are sent to all his friends and family. RIP, brother.

REGGAB

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 11:13:57 PM »

This is terrible news.  Why do the worst things happen to the nicest people?  Now I know why I'm such an a$$hole.  Anyway, warm thoughts and wellwishes go out to his family and friends.

EGUC7

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 11:36:33 PM »

What a terrible tragedy.  Words just can't express enough sorrow over his family and friends loss.  All our prayers go out to them.

Please, Please,

Ride Safe.
Walt

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 01:06:43 AM »

Another senseless tradgedy, caused by a cager turning left in front of one of us. What stupidity!

My best thoughts and condolences to his family.
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 09:32:47 AM »

Dreadful to hear of another instance of the same old story. I bet the driver states "I never saw them".

Up until now, I've been real self-concioius about how obnoxioius the new HID light may be to drivers, not any longer. I am so sick of hearing about the left turns, that I have convinced myself to bite the bullet and do the spots as well. Hopefully 1 gazillion candle power on the bike will help them see me better.

REGGAB

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 02:04:34 PM »

Dreadful to hear of another instance of the same old story. I bet the driver states "I never saw them".

Up until now, I've been real self-concioius about how obnoxioius the new HID light may be to drivers, not any longer. I am so sick of hearing about the left turns, that I have convinced myself to bite the bullet and do the spots as well. Hopefully 1 gazillion candle power on the bike will help them see me better.

Heck yeah, Bro!  Lite 'em up!  That and an extra dose of severely defensive riding.  I'm covering clutch and brake at EVERY intersection whether there is a cage there or not.  I survived one of these left turn incidents in JAN 1987.  40 days and three surgeries later, I was discharged for the hospital.  20 years later, the damaged parts are a barometer.  I feel like I can predict weather based on pain and stiffness.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 02:07:37 PM »

Heck yeah, Bro!  Lite 'em up!  That and an extra dose of severely defensive riding.  I'm covering clutch and brake at EVERY intersection whether there is a cage there or not.  I survived one of these left turn incidents in JAN 1987.  40 days and three surgeries later, I was discharged for the hospital.  20 years later, the damaged parts are a barometer.  I feel like I can predict weather based on pain and stiffness.

Yeah, I got a left knee like that from a '94 stop sign runner! >:( But I'm sucking air and walking, so who's got it better than me? Nobody! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

REGGAB

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 10:32:23 PM »

Yeah, I got a left knee like that from a '94 stop sign runner! >:( But I'm sucking air and walking, so who's got it better than me? Nobody! ;) Hoist! 8)

OK, you win!  :D

RAZ

• 2000 FLTRSE1
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 09:38:29 AM »

That sucks, I bought my bike from him. He was a nice guy.
Very nice Harley museum at that dealer.
Thoughts and prayers are sent.
STEVE
2000 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD GLIDE

charlie

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 09:50:42 AM »

Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.