Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: GPS Help !!!  (Read 3995 times)

ezrider

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: GPS Help !!!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 11:28:53 PM »

Unfortunately the Zumo often does not display the names of cities and towns you may be passing thru so you still need your paper maps for that info. There is a discussion on the problem here: http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?topic=2390.0
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 11:40:53 PM by ezrider »

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 11:12:10 PM »

Unfortunately the Zumo often does not display the names of cities and towns you may be passing thru so you still need your paper maps for that info. There is a discussion on the problem here: http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?topic=2390.0

Maybe Garmin will listen.  Seems like an easy fix for a future update of Maps???  Certainly helped me decide to "hold off" with any swap (Hey honey, you can have my 2610 and I will acquire the Zumo... what do you think?) :orange:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 11:15:28 PM by magicl1 »
Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT

Framemaker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 11:41:56 PM »

Hey Magic:

Quite frankly, I love my 550.  On a bike you want good voice commands because you're too busy riding to read a small map screen.  I guess if you don't have a radio system that could be a problem. It has nice sized written turn by turn screens to determine your next move.  The no name map isn't a problem for me. I also like the MP3 system working with the gps.  You don't have to go back and forth to get directions and listen to tunes.  Any gliches seem to be accepted by Garmins Tech Support and they take care of them as soon as they can.  Programing apparently takes more time but they will stand by their product. 

Framemaker

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2007, 12:23:14 AM »

Hey Magic:

Quite frankly, I love my 550.  On a bike you want good voice commands because you're too busy riding to read a small map screen.  I guess if you don't have a radio system that could be a problem. It has nice sized written turn by turn screens to determine your next move.  The no name map isn't a problem for me. I also like the MP3 system working with the gps.  You don't have to go back and forth to get directions and listen to tunes.  Any gliches seem to be accepted by Garmins Tech Support and they take care of them as soon as they can.  Programing apparently takes more time but they will stand by their product. 

Framemaker

The lack of towns would be a MAJOR snafu w/ me, I like to have a half a$$ idea where I am! The more I read about theses Zumo's the better my old 2730 looks.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Framemaker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2007, 12:26:58 AM »

Like anything else on this thread, what works for some, don't work for others.
Ride smart,
Framemaker
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.