Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: WINDSHIELD BAG??  (Read 4852 times)

REDMAN

• Full CVO Member
  • OH chit

• CVO1: FLHXSE
WINDSHIELD BAG??
« on: January 23, 2008, 06:18:43 PM »

I NEED HELP WITH A WINDSHIELD BAG FOR MY FLHTCUSE2.  THE HARLEY BOOK SAYS THAT SEVERAL BAGS WILL FIT BUT I HAVE NOT FOUND ONE THAT WILL FIT WITH THE LEATHER DASH STILL INSTALLED.  PLEASE LET ME KNOW OF ANY HARLEY FAIRING BAGS THAT WILL FIT WITH THE LEATHER DASH.  THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.  REDMAN

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: WINDSHIELD BAG??
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 06:24:21 PM »

I NEED HELP WITH A WINDSHIELD BAG FOR MY FLHTCUSE2.  THE HARLEY BOOK SAYS THAT SEVERAL BAGS WILL FIT BUT I HAVE NOT FOUND ONE THAT WILL FIT WITH THE LEATHER DASH STILL INSTALLED.  PLEASE LET ME KNOW OF ANY HARLEY FAIRING BAGS THAT WILL FIT WITH THE LEATHER DASH.  THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.  REDMAN

Several of us are using the triple windshield pouch. I modified mine by removing the side stiffeners inside each of the pouches. This was needed to allow the pouches to compress a bit because of the dash pad. It's not bad and the extra storage is a big help.

:indian_chief:

P.S. It is a common understanding that typing in all caps is a way to let your audience know you are shouting.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 06:32:54 PM »

Several of us are using the triple windshield pouch. I modified mine by removing the side stiffeners inside each of the pouches. This was needed to allow the pouches to compress a bit because of the dash pad. It's not bad and the extra storage is a big help.

P.S. It is a common understanding that typing in all caps is a way to let your audience know you are shouting.

Chief...do you know if the newer two pouch version would provide the same fit with the stiffners removed?  I've got the XM antenna on the dash, right in the middle, so need to straddle it.  DO YOU HEAR WHAT I'M SAYING?   :huepfenlol2: ;)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 06:35:07 PM »

Chief...do you know if the newer two pouch version would provide the same fit with the stiffners removed?  I've got the XM antenna on the dash, right in the middle, so need to straddle it.  DO YOU HEAR WHAT I'M SAYING?   :huepfenlol2: ;)

I hear ya, but don't know about the 2-bagger. As far as the XM antenna, mine rides on top of the metal strap, between the left and center bag. It's almost invisible.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 06:43:31 PM »

I had the triple bag on my 02 Ultra.  I have not put one on my 08 SEUC because of the dash pad.  I have been afraid that the bag might damage the dash pad.  Any problems for those of you that have both the dash pad and the bag??

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 06:55:06 PM »

I had the triple bag on my 02 Ultra.  I have not put one on my 08 SEUC because of the dash pad.  I have been afraid that the bag might damage the dash pad.  Any problems for those of you that have both the dash pad and the bag??

No real problems but the little plastic rivets on the bottom of the steel strap will leave little depressions in the dash pad. This isn't a problem as long as the pouches remain on the bike. I only noticed them on mine when the pouches came off in the accident. No problem because the pouches are going right back on. ;D

REDMAN

• Full CVO Member
  • OH chit

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 09:28:33 PM »

CHIEF,  THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.  SORRY ABOUT THE CAP'S.  I'M NOT SHOUTING,  I HAVE TROUBLE SEEING CLOSE UP AND THE CAP'S HELP ME DO A SPELL CHECK BEFORE I POST A THOUGHT.  THANKS,  REDMAN
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 09:31:23 PM by REDMAN »

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 09:52:08 PM »

S'ok Redman. When I don't have my reading glasses, I use the "Bold" button to see it easier.

I used the same 3 piece windshield bag as Chief, but did not remove the side stiffeners.  Its a little squished, but it works great & is very handy.  HD says it won't fit - it will.  also have my XM antenna in the same place - between left & middle bags.  Works better.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 10:04:41 PM »

I hear ya, but don't know about the 2-bagger. As far as the XM antenna, mine rides on top of the metal strap, between the left and center bag. It's almost invisible.

Um, excuse me... when was the last time that XM antenna was mounted?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 10:41:43 PM »

CHIEF,  THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.  SORRY ABOUT THE CAP'S.  I'M NOT SHOUTING,  I HAVE TROUBLE SEEING CLOSE UP AND THE CAP'S HELP ME DO A SPELL CHECK BEFORE I POST A THOUGHT.  THANKS,  REDMAN

Enlarge the text. You'll have no problem seeing everything. Open the "View" tab at the top menu bar.  Go to down to "Text Size", and click "Largest". You shouldn't have any problem seeing it that way. And you can then type normal. You might have to reset it every time you logon. But it sure makes things really easy to see! ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 01:09:41 AM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 05:04:09 AM »

I Have the triple pouch on my 07 SE. Before I put the pouch on I cut a piece of rug and 2 sided taped it to the pouch.No issues.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 05:14:21 AM »

I've also got the triple bag on my '05. Like it a lot but it does contact the windscreen and consequently the inside is all scratched up. Still worth it for me though.

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 08:50:44 AM »

I have the triple bag mounted on my 08 and did no modifying. It just squeaks after a period of time so I just cinch up the front windshield fairing and it goes away. 8) 8) 8)
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 08:54:03 AM »

Um, excuse me... when was the last time that XM antenna was mounted?

OK, it HAS been awhile. :sauer021: :sauer021: :sauer021: :sauer021:  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

REDMAN

• Full CVO Member
  • OH chit

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 09:24:22 AM »

Hoist,  Thanks for your help on enlarging the text. 

All,  Thanks for the ideas on the 3 pouch bag.  I'm going to get one today and install it.

REDMAN
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.