Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: check your suspension air lines  (Read 1109 times)

Spike

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 vrscse-sold
    • CVO2: 07 flhrse
check your suspension air lines
« on: July 01, 2008, 09:19:34 AM »

I had one of those days last week. Ran out of gas and then noticed my rear suspension was way too soft on my serk when I got her going again. I pulled the bag and tried to add more air but a hissing sound appeared and I knew it wasn't a snake. The cross over air line behind the shock had rubbed against the tire and made a pin hole in the line. I put some electrical tape tightly around it just to get some air in it so I can get to the stealer for a real fix. Things happen in 3's so I'm just waiting to see what happens next.

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: check your suspension air lines
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 09:26:43 AM »

I'd start taking the bus for a few days till #3 passes if I were you!

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 06:31:17 PM »

I had one of those days last week. Ran out of gas and then noticed my rear suspension was way too soft on my serk when I got her going again. I pulled the bag and tried to add more air but a hissing sound appeared and I knew it wasn't a snake. The cross over air line behind the shock had rubbed against the tire and made a pin hole in the line. I put some electrical tape tightly around it just to get some air in it so I can get to the stealer for a real fix. Things happen in 3's so I'm just waiting to see what happens next.

Spike,  how much air pressure do you run, I have been up and down the scale.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

Spike

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 vrscse-sold
    • CVO2: 07 flhrse
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 12:14:42 AM »

Me and my wife weigh in together at 300 lbs so I usually run anywhere from 12 to 15 lbs.  I raced bikes for a lot of years also so I am just used to a stiff suspenion if I'm alone. Theres a chart in the owners manual that will get you close. I'm looking into the progressive shocks as a replacement so it will be more reliable.

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.