Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: shift rod?  (Read 1479 times)

rogerutley

• Junior CVO Member
  • fxr3
shift rod?
« on: July 06, 2008, 08:02:43 PM »

my FXR3 has kuryakyn forward controls(4068 or something similar) need ing to replace shifter rod and checked with kuryakn few years ago and they advised thier part was only one that fit.... anyone have similar experience and/or suggestions???thx
fxr3

RedFXR2

Re: shift rod?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 08:50:19 AM »

I don't have a lot of detailed help but it would seem to me that a lot of shift rods have some sort of turnbuckle style adjustment for length so I have a hard time figuring that length would be unique to Kuryakin.  However, the means of attachment from the shift lever to the shift rod and again at the transmission arm could, I suppose, be unique to Kuryakin stuff.  Is that the issue?

[edit to add]  I just looked at the Kuryakin site and they have numerous shift rods starting at about $20. Do these not fit, because I have a feeling that Kuryakin's prices are about what you'd spend elsewhere if you found a compatible replacement?

Just wondering what exactly is the desired outcome here.  Maybe you just want to know what's generally available?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 09:04:12 AM by RedFXR2 »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: shift rod?
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 04:47:11 PM »

my FXR3 has kuryakyn forward controls(4068 or something similar) need ing to replace shifter rod and checked with kuryakn few years ago and they advised thier part was only one that fit.... anyone have similar experience and/or suggestions???thx

You can buy a shifter rod in different lengths, and separate Heim joints from say Landmark, and make your own to the length you need. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.