Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Installing AK-20s in SERK3 New Zealand Style  (Read 3854 times)

kiwi

• Full CVO Member
  • Every day above ground is a good day.

• CVO1: SERK3
    • CVO2: Ultra Limited
Re: Installing AK-20s in SERK3 New Zealand Style
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2008, 03:13:04 PM »

Does the traxion kit come with a six pack or did you have to supply your own?
No I'm afraid that was not supplied as part of the kit BUT perhaps the guys at Traxxion could look into the benefits of doing so :drink: :jalapeno:
Cheers, Kiwi 8)
Kiwi 8)

kiwi

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2008, 03:23:35 PM »

Great shots of the process kiwi!!! Thanks for posting them! Guess you got the Nacelle off! ::) ;D

Nice to see someone doing it themselves instead of sending the legs down to Traxxion. Much more than I'd ever get into! Innovative specialty tools too! Especially the Fortifying Liquid!!! :drink: :drink: :drink:

I hope ya like em! And you can turn the rear axle around if that helps! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Thanks Hoist. Yes getting the Nacelle off was straight forward, it is the cover over the steering lock that is a concern. Another member has advised that international models ship with tamper proof screws and I will need to employ an easy out to remove them.(see pic) He also suggested replacing them with USA screws. I will need to do this if a handlebar change is required in future. Thanks for the kind words, I do have a lot of faith in the fortifying liquid. The right kind of music playing also creates the right atmosphere for this type of work and combined with a bit of the liquid and a riding mate, very enjoyable chore.
As far as the rear suspension goes I think I will wait until the 2-1 pipe arrives and then reverse the axle and fit the pipe. Should be good to go I reckon :2vrolijk_21:
Kiwi 8)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 03:37:32 PM by kiwi »
Kiwi 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2008, 03:26:30 PM »

Watched them do this at Traxxion Dynamics and watched your thread here Kiwi.  It's not that the boys in Georgia don't run a friendly shop.  They sure do.  But I think you still had more fun.  Hell, they don't even get LF during the job.  So yours had to be better :2vrolijk_21: .

kiwi

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 03:36:04 PM »

Watched them do this at Traxxion Dynamics and watched your thread here Kiwi.  It's not that the boys in Georgia don't run a friendly shop.  They sure do.  But I think you still had more fun.  Hell, they don't even get LF during the job.  So yours had to be better :2vrolijk_21: .
Thanks Twolane, I find it's the little things in life that make the difference and getting the atmosphere right on a job like this just seems to make all the difference to the enjoyment factor. Now I know what is inside those forks and how it functions I am much happier.
Cheers, Kiwi 8) :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 03:38:42 PM by kiwi »
Kiwi 8)

resqdoc

• Full CVO Member
  • de oppresso libre
    • MT

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008, 04:01:16 PM »

With the "New Zealand" title, I figured you were going to install them upside down  :drink:
2007 FLHRSE3 with D&D Fatcats, SERT, AK-40 & Bitubo 330 mm, Glide-Pro, Clearview windscreen

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 04:23:49 PM »

Great thread. Overall how was the job? Did you get a chance to take a good ride yet?  :2vrolijk_21:

kiwi

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2008, 05:51:17 PM »

Great thread. Overall how was the job? Did you get a chance to take a good ride yet?  :2vrolijk_21:
Hi Talon. Yes I went out for a ride on the one fine day we had this last weekend. Just awesome, the cornering was so sweet that her on the back commented we seemed to be going much faster in the corners than we were on the original suspension ;). Had a lot of gusting wind over the top of the range I was riding over and the bike is better behaved in these conditions also. The whole thing is just a lot more solid and I feel relaxed and confident because it is consistant and predictable whereas I did not feel like that before I changed out the suspension up front. :2vrolijk_21:It's all good.
Kiwi 8)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 05:53:26 PM by kiwi »
Kiwi 8)

kiwi

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2008, 05:55:14 PM »

With the "New Zealand" title, I figured you were going to install them upside down  :drink:
Why, because I live on the bottom of the world :confused5: :confused5: :confused5:
Kiwi 8)
Kiwi 8)

REGGAB

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2008, 09:19:19 PM »

Why, because I live on the bottom of the world :confused5: :confused5: :confused5:
Kiwi 8)

:ROFLOL:  Now that's some funny chit right there!  Good one, kiwi!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.