Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: xm radio / gps  (Read 2153 times)

flibb

• Full CVO Member
xm radio / gps
« on: October 25, 2008, 03:37:52 PM »

just got 09 se ultra the xm radio is like half the volume of the radio and only plays out the left speakers there is no balance control any one else have this problem.
also the built in gps is worthless if your not on a main road it has no idea where you are now whats up with that harleys mostly go where others dont. Plus doesnt decide which way to turn till last second.. my zumo on the other hand is awsum. so i have it mounted on the bike for a 1000 dollars for the harley one think it should work better

2008 rocker c, 2003 fatboy, 2015 rgu

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
Re: xm radio / gps
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 08:35:27 PM »

just got 09 se ultra the xm radio is like half the volume of the radio and only plays out the left speakers there is no balance control any one else have this problem.
also the built in gps is worthless if your not on a main road it has no idea where you are now whats up with that harleys mostly go where others dont. Plus doesnt decide which way to turn till last second.. my zumo on the other hand is awsum. so i have it mounted on the bike for a 1000 dollars for the harley one think it should work better

XM should play through all four speakers with fade control only. It WILL NOT sound as good as MP3's or CD's so don't be too dissapointed.

The GPS is a POS. I bought a Garmin Zumo 550 and love it. Plus I can play endless MP3's through it and it sounds great.

REGGAB

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 01:37:34 AM »

FINALLY...........Sirius!   :2vrolijk_21:

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 07:52:30 PM »

FINALLY...........Sirius!   :2vrolijk_21:

AMEN!  As soon as I could add "Best of Sirrius", I called and subscribed again.  XM never had it for me until now. :2vrolijk_21:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 08:00:24 PM »

AMEN!  As soon as I could add "Best of Sirrius", I called and subscribed again.  XM never had it for me until now. :2vrolijk_21:

Unfortunately, You don't get that much of Sirius for the extra money you pay.  I guess if Howard Stern is what you wanted, then it's worth it, but otherwise it's adding the NFL, and that's about it.   It wasn't worth it for me to add Sirius yet...they need to come up with a few more channels before I'll consider it. 

:devil;

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 08:07:28 PM »

Unfortunately, You don't get that much of Sirius for the extra money you pay.  I guess if Howard Stern is what you wanted, then it's worth it, but otherwise it's adding the NFL, and that's about it.   It wasn't worth it for me to add Sirius yet...they need to come up with a few more channels before I'll consider it. 

No, actually I got the "family package" that does not include howie (I find him boring).  I live for the NFL!

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 08:07:58 PM »

balance fader controls work all radio functions.
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 08:08:48 PM »

You also get a NASCAR channel..., which is a number of talk shows, and the events...Truck, Nationwide and Sprint Cup qualifying/races.
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 08:11:18 PM »

You also get a NASCAR channel..., which is a number of talk shows, and the events...Truck, Nationwide and Sprint Cup qualifying/races.

I've never been a fan of NASCAR, so like I said, they just didn't add enough of the "best of Sirius" to justify the extra cost to me.  :nixweiss:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3

REGGAB

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 09:45:55 PM »

OK.......I'm confused then.  First, I haven't done anything as far as adding anything Sirius to my XM.  Second, bike is down right now anyway, and since the only XM set I have is on the bike, I can't confirm.........but it was my understanding that one could order "ala carte" what they want from Sirius and add it to their XM........which for me is Channel 14 "Classic Vinyl."  Am I not yet able to do that?

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 09:52:29 PM »

OK.......I'm confused then.  First, I haven't done anything as far as adding anything Sirius to my XM.  Second, bike is down right now anyway, and since the only XM set I have is on the bike, I can't confirm.........but it was my understanding that one could order "ala carte" what they want from Sirius and add it to their XM........which for me is Channel 14 "Classic Vinyl."  Am I not yet able to do that?

Not yet...my understanding, that is the ultimate goal when they get everything straightened out, but for now, if you get what they call the "best of Sirius" added to your XM radio (they have the equivalent for the Sirius radios, called the Best of XM), you'll get Howard Stern's two channels, NASCAR, Martha Stewart, and NFL for $4 more a month.  IMO, it's not worth it yet.  I'm going to wait until they offer more, or something different then just the current choice.  I guess they have to put Stern in because they have to make up that $100M/year contract they have with him.

2012 FLHXSE3

REGGAB

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 10:04:11 PM »

Not yet...my understanding, that is the ultimate goal when they get everything straightened out, but for now, if you get what they call the "best of Sirius" added to your XM radio (they have the equivalent for the Sirius radios, called the Best of XM), you'll get Howard Stern's two channels, NASCAR, Martha Stewart, and NFL for $4 more a month.  IMO, it's not worth it yet.  I'm going to wait until they offer more, or something different then just the current choice.  I guess they have to put Stern in because they have to make up that $100M/year contract they have with him.

Ah.....thanks Charlie.  That explains it.  I own three Sirius sets...........stock in the cages.  Stephanie, well, she listens to whatever 19 year olds listen to........I can't tell......just a bunch of hollerin' and screamin'.  Seems like something I could do well, but unfortunately I can't get hired on to do it.   :huepfenlol2:  I don't even know what Sirius channel she listens to.  Renea has her's locked on the 70's channel, and I have the ton truck Sirius locked on Classic Vinyl.  I'll continue to wait.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2008, 08:42:06 PM »

Ah.....thanks Charlie.  That explains it.  I own three Sirius sets...........stock in the cages.  Stephanie, well, she listens to whatever 19 year olds listen to........I can't tell......just a bunch of hollerin' and screamin'.  Seems like something I could do well, but unfortunately I can't get hired on to do it.   :huepfenlol2:  I don't even know what Sirius channel she listens to.  Renea has her's locked on the 70's channel, and I have the ton truck Sirius locked on Classic Vinyl.  I'll continue to wait.

Yep, that's what I'm going to do Henry...just wait and see how they do the ala carte picking.  I have XM on the bike and in my Wife's Accord and Sirius in my Ram 2500.  The Ram is usually on Fox New, but the bike is usually on channel 49, can't remember the name, but it plays the hits of classic rock.   I listen to Stern every once in a great while but can only handle it for about an hour then I don't listen to it again for months...

2012 FLHXSE3

AZSSE

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 11:19:37 PM »

I have Sirius for the NFL - IMHO, Howard Stern is an example of sperm gone bad.

REGGAB

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 11:24:15 PM »

I have Sirius for the NFL - IMHO, Howard Stern is an example of sperm gone bad.

Well, yeah.......but that one skit he did on a recently banned subject for CVO Harley sorta brought things into perspective for next Tuesday.   :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 20 queries.