Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Author Topic: Watch out for deer  (Read 9640 times)

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
Watch out for deer
« on: November 07, 2008, 11:49:39 AM »

3 weeks ago at 4pm on a sunny day a buck jumped right infront of me. I remember nothing. cracked skull and temple, blown ear drum, and broken collar bone, and plenty of rash. Ate me up through my leathers.Had full gear on. I am always looking too, I had no reaction time I guess.Been in Yellowstone in heards of Bufflo and elk,cross country every year, and get taken out in the middle of the afternoon by 1 deer out for a stroll across rt. 29 near Phillipsburg.Just glad no-one was on the back with me. My glide is beat up , she slid a good 40 ft. down the road. Crash bars might had saved her.Waiting to see what ins. says. Be safe!..headpan
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Watch out for deer
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 11:53:14 AM »

What a chit deal! 

Glad you are around to tell the story!

Get well soon.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 11:53:55 AM »

Deer scare me more than anything else on the road. Sorry about the crash and hope you mend soon. Glad you're alive to tell us about it.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 11:56:50 AM »

Deer scare me more than anything else on the road. Sorry about the crash and hope you mend soon. Glad you're alive to tell us about it.

Ditto that.   :2vrolijk_21:  Get well quickly!

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 12:07:22 PM »

Dang... during daylight.  Sorry about your mishap.

I try to avoid riding after sunset around here (Oklahoma) because of the deer grazing along side the road.  Occasionally see them cross during the daylight hours too.

Deer are seriously stupid!

Hope you heal quick and I hope everything works out well with the scooter

Sean M Cary

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 12:32:58 PM »

3 weeks ago at 4pm on a sunny day a buck jumped right infront of me. I remember nothing. cracked skull and temple, blown ear drum, and broken collar bone, and plenty of rash. Ate me up through my leathers.Had full gear on. I am always looking too, I had no reaction time I guess.Been in Yellowstone in heards of Bufflo and elk,cross country every year, and get taken out in the middle of the afternoon by 1 deer out for a stroll across rt. 29 near Phillipsburg.Just glad no-one was on the back with me. My glide is beat up , she slid a good 40 ft. down the road. Crash bars might had saved her.Waiting to see what ins. says. Be safe!..headpan

Wow - hope all heals quickly.

I missed a deer by about 6-8 inches Monday morning early, same thing - right in front of me, no time to react.  This was like 500 yards from my house, had just got up to about 30 and was in 2nd gear on my KLR, it was so close I could see individual hairs and heard its hair moving and its hooves hitting the road.

Hope you get the bike squared away!!

Sean

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 12:37:11 PM »

Headpan62,

So sorry to hear about your critter induced accident...it doesn't matter how good your reaction time is, these things can and do happen. I pray you heal fast, and that insurance takes care of you and your wheels! Best of luck!  :2vrolijk_21:
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 12:37:24 PM »

Your lucky you're able to tell uf this ordeal. 3 weeks ago a couple on a Wing hit a deer up here. Both didn't make it. Hope for a full speedy recovery. THE MUFFMAN

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 12:38:37 PM »

Wow - hope all heals quickly.

I missed a deer by about 6-8 inches Monday morning early, same thing - right in front of me, no time to react.  This was like 500 yards from my house, had just got up to about 30 and was in 2nd gear on my KLR, it was so close I could see individual hairs and heard its hair moving and its hooves hitting the road.

Hope you get the bike squared away!!

Sean

Chit like this has the makings of an underwear change. Scary stuff. THE MUFFMAN

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 12:44:36 PM »

In 2004 I hit a deer on Interstate 90 at 80 mph (cruise control on) on my o/b SEEG.  Broken wrist, broken thumb, two fingers, cracked sternum, broken ribs, seperated shoulder, bruised lungs.  Full Gear, but No helmet and not a scratch on my head - tumbled 180 feet...  God Bless, huh?

I am glad are not injured any worse then you are.  Heal quickly and fully!   :orange: :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 12:45:57 PM »

The rotten forest rats need to wheedled back onto the endagered species list.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 12:49:12 PM »

The rotten forest rats need to wheedled back onto the endagered species list.

I'm all for a longer hunting season and more deer tags here in Ohio to thin them out.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 12:59:27 PM »

Hope you ok, sounds tough! Not much you can do about wildlife, you can't watch for them all the time, they come out of no where. Hope you better soon!

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 01:00:22 PM »

Bad news Headpan. Glad to hear that you made it, even though you are beaten up.

I was ever watchful for Santa's Slaves during our recent 8,000 mile trip round your great country, but I guess when they just pile straight into you there ain't nothing you can do.

Get well soon.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 01:11:42 PM »

Headpan,
Sorry to here of your mishap,and glad you are mending!
Hope all is well soon.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 01:14:47 PM »

I'm all for a longer hunting season and more deer tags here in Ohio to thin them out.

Yep, we need to thin them out here in Oklahoma too.... They multiply like rabbits!

In the past I did a lot of deer hunting.... kinda got lazy in my old age.  The getting up before daylight and the cold weather makes it too easy to stay in bed during deer season.

We have the buggers come up in our yard.  My wife complains because the deer eat the flowers around the house....... Anybody want some deer meat? :rifle:

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 01:46:25 PM »

Yep, we need to thin them out here in Oklahoma too.... They multiply like rabbits!

In the past I did a lot of deer hunting.... kinda got lazy in my old age.  The getting up before daylight and the cold weather makes it too easy to stay in bed during deer season.

We have the buggers come up in our yard.  My wife complains because the deer eat the flowers around the house....... Anybody want some deer meat? :rifle:
Send it down! Or do I have to come up and shoot my own?
I used to hunt in Athens County until the Federalies got too bad. ( long story best told at GTG's ).
They still might have my picture on the post office wall. :rifle: ;D
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 01:58:17 PM »

Sorry to hear of this, Hope you recover soon

FYI, they make deer/moose/elk/caribou whistles that stick on to your front fender with 3M 2 sided tape.

When I lived in Maine, I wouldn't ride without them

B B

Sean M Cary

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 02:01:36 PM »

Chit like this has the makings of an underwear change. Scary stuff. THE MUFFMAN

I didn't even have time to soil the skivvies...it was FAST.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 02:02:28 PM »

Send it down! Or do I have to come up and shoot my own?
I used to hunt in Athens County until the Federalies got too bad. ( long story best told at GTG's ).
They still might have my picture on the post office wall. :rifle: ;D
Mike

...... Like I said, I've got too lazy to hunt them myself (on a regular basis anyway).  You will have to come shoot your own.  I will provide the firearm and the tractor w/ front-end loader to haul it back up to the house  ;)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 02:06:12 PM »

I don't mind shootin em and I don't mind cuttin em up but I HATE guttin em  :puke:

B B

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 02:35:37 PM »

I don't mind shootin em and I don't mind cuttin em up but I HATE guttin em  :puke:

B B
Not a problem, Let the wife do it! ;D
Mike

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 02:49:15 PM »

Not a problem, Let the wife do it! ;D
Mike

Man....What a Woman.  I'll bet she cleans fish too  :2vrolijk_21:

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2008, 02:59:19 PM »

...... Like I said, I've got too lazy to hunt them myself (on a regular basis anyway).  You will have to come shoot your own.  I will provide the firearm and the tractor w/ front-end loader to haul it back up to the house  ;)
  ------->Sounds like the making of a venison eater GTG!!!  :2vrolijk_21: :rifle:

Headpan,
Sorry to hear about your close encounter and spill. Hope you heal quickly and the scooter gets done up right.
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2008, 03:28:25 PM »

Thanks for all the concern, I will be looking into some sort of whistles when I'm up again. hope this does not slow me down, thinkn hard about this. I got medivac'ed by helicoptor to a trama center, bikes are a big part of who I am,I'm either building ,or riding something,I ride hard I do but a 2010 chalenger is looking good right now!.. The panhead is going on ebay soon I think! might just keep a touring bike and sell everyting else!! time will tell. Cant take the pain,ringing in my ears and eyes hurt from inside out!!.. let alone the collar bone. My 16 yr old daughter is not taking it well, I see her on weekends, and she is afraid I think to see me busted up..well this glaring lite of the pc is killing me,thank again,you guys are like family!!
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2008, 03:46:24 PM »

Headpan,
Sorry to hear this wish you a speedy recovery. I'm always fearful of deer espectially this time of year, and one of the reasons I prefer not to ride after dark. :nervous:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2008, 04:53:52 PM »

Thanks for all the concern, I will be looking into some sort of whistles when I'm up again. hope this does not slow me down, thinkn hard about this. I got medivac'ed by helicoptor to a trama center, bikes are a big part of who I am,I'm either building ,or riding something,I ride hard I do but a 2010 chalenger is looking good right now!.. The panhead is going on ebay soon I think! might just keep a touring bike and sell everyting else!! time will tell. Cant take the pain,ringing in my ears and eyes hurt from inside out!!.. let alone the collar bone. My 16 yr old daughter is not taking it well, I see her on weekends, and she is afraid I think to see me busted up..well this glaring lite of the pc is killing me,thank again,you guys are like family!!

Panhead sorry for your accident, hope you heal up good as new. Not that it matters but what happened to the buck. :nixweiss:  Take Care.  :2vrolijk_21:    http://www.homeproductsnmore.com/Deer_Whistle_p/v-120.htm
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2008, 05:06:49 PM »

Hope the healin' comes quick Headpan. Gots lots of the creatures here in Upstate NY and know too well what kinda problem they present. Hell, only thing scarier than a deer is a minivan!!  :nervous: Again hope you mend quick and God Bless.

Howie

REGGAB

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2008, 07:33:00 PM »

:o  WOW, Headpan!  You're Blessed indeed.  That scooter can be fixed.  Don't worry about that.  Get yourself better and back on the road.  You're in our thoughts and prayers.

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2008, 08:26:49 PM »

Sorry to hear about your accident. Heal quick, physically and the other way. Being from your home state, and with the rut beginning, those tickbags are everywhere. The Jersey assembly has a Bill upcoming to allow bowhunting on Sundays. Call or email your Representatives and the Governor's office and tell them what happened. Let us take the numbers down and possibly avoid this kind of thing. If the Jersey politicos don't pass this, it just shows you which they consider more important between you and the deer

Just an additional note- there are 2 less breeders to worry about around Vorhees
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 01:30:49 PM by comfortablynumb »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2008, 10:54:33 AM »

Hey Marc, just for the record here, so sorry to hear this. I'm glad you're well enough to start talking about it. I was a lil flipped out when I first got the call, and you couldn't talk to me yourself. Let me know what I can do to help you out man! And get your ass better soon!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2008, 08:10:09 PM »

Man what a crash. I feel your pain. I did the same thing 2 years ago in the middle of the afternoon. I was no where broken up like you are. Get well soon.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2008, 08:35:33 PM »

Wow, sorry about the deer accident, Headpan62.  Glad you survived, although I'm sorry for your pain now.  I hope you have a full recovery, including wanting to continue to ride.  You probably will, you've obviously got it in your blood to have the 62 Pan.  Sure you want to see it right now?  I've always regretted selling my '47 knuck.  I lost a long time riding buddy the same way you got hurt....afternoon and a deer nailed him w/o any warning right out of the woods into him.  And just a couple of days ago I was returning from a ride with a couple of buddies and a large doe jumped completely over NiteAl as he rode in front of me......he said he never saw the deer until it jumped him.  Hunting them is not the answer here as very few take any for just meat.....only looking for trophys/horns.  They're not the ones that are killing and maiming our riders.  They've relaxed the hunting here enough if enough would take them for meat it might help.  I've tried all the deer whistles and still have my doubts as to whether or not they work.  Hope you have a speedy recovery/healing process.  :2vrolijk_21: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2008, 10:35:08 PM »

Headpan62 sorry to hear about your encounter with the deer.

Time for a Custom Road Glide now?.... ;)
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2008, 06:59:19 AM »

Couple years back, a buddy let me take his bike out. Deer came at me from nowhere. Although we just missed, I can still hear her hooves clacking on the pavement trying to get by. Shook me so bad, I waited another two years to get my Springer. It's one thing I really worry about cause as you tell us it's out of nowhere.

Get better. A prayer of thanksgiving is order that it wasn't worse.

Dirkenstien

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2008, 02:57:31 PM »

Headpan,

Glad to hear you're okay. Sounds very similar to what happened to a friend of mine not too far back. I created a thread about it at the time called "Good friend goes down,...hits deer." Same thing, mid afternoon deer just jumps out of nowhere. He doesn't remember a thing and no one saw the deer until it collided with the bike.

Stay safe everyone.

cremebrulee

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2008, 10:24:27 AM »

I hope you have a quick and speedy recovery.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2008, 12:02:12 PM »

Headpan I hope all is well. What's the word on the scoot? I think we all take a lot for granted!
 8)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2008, 04:06:53 PM »

Was this the deer the Chinese Restaurant in Buffalo was butchering ?

B B

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2008, 04:37:59 PM »

Marc, I try and get some revenge this weekend...Doe season..  ;D

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2008, 09:54:53 PM »

Thanks fellas , it all sounds good!
bike est. is around 8,500....worse then I thought
She will be in sturgis this year with me.. we have many of years left!
hearing alot of the same story with them deer. something has to be done.
 :coolblue:gonna be a long recovery it looks like ,collar bone looks bad to me, well see
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2008, 10:33:55 PM »

I know of 3 riders that went down this week with deer strikes, fortunately all survived (riders)

One hurled over the bike kicked out the speedometer and cleaned the rider right off his seat[.

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2008, 02:48:15 PM »

cleared by nero surgen,gave me his blessing,collar bone had 3 surgens look at it, 2 want to cut me,1 wants to let it be. dont want to get cut,especially after they tell you what could happen with infection..but I did take my arm out of the sling,got on my dyna and took a 5 mile ride! my neighbors think I am nuts,, but told them its not about the ride,its about getting back on the horse after a good fall!! ...it was a good time,, happy holidays to all and thanks for the concern!!..ride safe,headpan :2vrolijk_21:
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2008, 02:53:17 PM »

cleared by nero surgen,gave me his blessing,collar bone had 3 surgens look at it, 2 want to cut me,1 wants to let it be. dont want to get cut,especially after they tell you what could happen with infection..but I did take my arm out of the sling,got on my dyna and took a 5 mile ride! my neighbors think I am nuts,, but told them its not about the ride,its about getting back on the horse after a good fall!! ...it was a good time,, happy holidays to all and thanks for the concern!!..ride safe,headpan :2vrolijk_21:

So happy to hear you felt comfortable enough to get back on so quick Marc!!! Great news!!! Heal fast my brother. We'll be riding together again in no time!!! Hope your holidays help bring you the speediest of recoveries man!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2008, 03:02:19 PM »

Great news Headpan!  Use caution and don't rush it......ride safe.  :) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2008, 05:10:17 PM »

Headpan,

Glad you are ok...bikes can be repaired and replaced...

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2008, 09:01:54 PM »

When I hit a deer in 04, I cracked my sternum and seperated my shoulder  (among other things), but my collarbone was unscathed! :nixweiss:  My doctors told me they had never seen that before.  If my collarbone would have broken, it likely would have saved my shoulder and sternum.  A cracked sternum is like broken ribs - hurts to breathe!

Glad you are recovering!    :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2008, 04:09:32 PM »

Hope you are feeling better.

One came out of the ditch about two weeks back and hit me broadside. Fortunately, I had a bad feeling about taking the bike into town that day and I was in my truck. I never saw her coming and she did about $2000 in damage to the drivers side of the truck. I'd have been dead if I had taken the bike that day..

jb

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2008, 07:24:21 PM »

Thanks for the concern!.. started rehab on shoulder and coller bone,, decided not to do surgery..will not have the same range reaching up over my head, but not willing to be cut and have plates in me. as long as I can reach the apes I'n good!! :2vrolijk_21:.
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2008, 10:04:03 PM »

We need more deer tags.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2009, 09:02:09 PM »

We need something done about the increased deer crossing hwys.......I'm seeing them on the interstates as well as major 2 lane roads around here.....obviously killed by vehicles.  Something has got to change or we'll all get run over in a matter of time if we keep riding. No way to protect yourself......the deer whistles don't work and defensive riding doesn't work, so.......?????    :nixweiss: spyder

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2009, 09:13:24 PM »

We need something done about the increased deer crossing hwys.......I'm seeing them on the interstates as well as major 2 lane roads around here.....obviously killed by vehicles.  Something has got to change or we'll all get run over in a matter of time if we keep riding. No way to protect yourself......the deer whistles don't work and defensive riding doesn't work, so.......?????    :nixweiss: spyder

We need more deer tags.

AND LONGER HUNTING SEASONS TOO!!! MUCH LONGER!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2009, 10:51:30 PM »

hope you're feeling better,  we're all glad you're here to tell us about it.  Can always find another bike to ride,   get well soon!

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2009, 11:50:54 PM »

Glad you're back in the wind.  Don't push too hard though.  Many a stuborn man walks with a limp becasue he was impatient.  I'm dealing with a 25 year old back injury because I was too damn proud to be checked out.  I was too worried about me ride.

You can ride with me here in New Jersey anytime.  NJ has an unlimited doe harvest starting with bow in October 3rd then gun and ending with bow Jan 31st.  We just about got em wiped out.  Now we need a skunk season.

For everybodys information.  The worst time for deer collisions is November during the rut. Then during gun season as pushed deer end up in the road.

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2009, 10:23:12 PM »

Thanks fella's..had a few good days on the scooter...caught a few 50 degree days, did a few hundred miles,I was ripping through the gears!....down to 1 bike now though.. They have not touched a bolt on my eagle..waiting on the tank and fairing..I say have the bike done and waiting for those parts, they say they dont turn a wrench till all parts are in!! really pissed I am,only been 3 months.wtf!!. I hate the dealership bull...Oh and my old parts belong to the insurance company,if they dont pick up the parts in 2 weeks,,dealership owns them!!!!...I might need bail money before its all over!
and my pan is down,Old alum. pushrod failed.I had to tear it down to the flywheels to clean it all up,metal in the cases, wiped out my cam.not complaining though.she ran for 7 years with no issues,and many miles.so I guess some keith black pistons and a a new J- grind cam are in order. Nice winter project for me! ride safe,headpan
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2009, 10:30:16 PM »

Great to hear that you're gonna rebuild the Pan.  And that you got some good riding in......keep the faith and watch out for those damned critters (along w/ everything else)  :o  har!  :drink: spyder

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2009, 12:29:49 PM »

A deer education program would probably work. Deer are so common in Custer, SD that they have actually learned to stop on the street corners and only cross when the pedestrian light goes green. (Not a Joke) And you guys thought deer were dumb, even some people still cross on the wrong light while the deer in Custer have it down...

jb

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2009, 01:28:23 PM »

A deer education program would probably work. Deer are so common in Custer, SD that they have actually learned to stop on the street corners and only cross when the pedestrian light goes green. (Not a Joke) And you guys thought deer were dumb, even some people still cross on the wrong light while the deer in Custer have it down...

jb
Yeah, I've seen 'trained' deer grazing beside I-95 at night only a few feet from the steady line of truck traffic, but the deer I'm concerned most about are the wild animals that are being hunted and in rut that bound out of the woods into the roadway and much too often a biker.  :( spyder

Miss Kitty

• Admiral's Screaming Eagle
  • Full CVO Member
  • Silver Bullet BSR

• CVO1: 09 CUSE {BSR}
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2009, 06:59:13 PM »

So sorry to hear about your misfortunate collision. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery for both you and the bike.
Please keep me posted on how you are doing. God bless.

Miss Kitty

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2009, 10:44:21 PM »

Got my bike back today! only been 4 months!... she looks and rides like new!
repairs were 9,800...cant believe they did not totall her. Especially with 69,500 on the clock.
Dunb ass mech. used too long of a screw putting the speaker grills or speaker in, can see the tip of a screw coming out of the inner fairing..Needs new inner fairing
So she still needs to go back,!!! to take the whole fairing down to replace their incompitent work!.. on them!
Put 20 miles on her, gonna head up to where the wreck happened tomorrow!but thats just me!
Thank for all your support :2vrolijk_21:
Ride -on,,Headpan
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

Ditch

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA # 56.345 1/2

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Orange & Black
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2009, 10:58:26 PM »

Good to hear that your back up and rolling again Headpan! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: Ride safe!!!
"Lead don't follow, just don't follow me!!!"

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2009, 11:22:38 PM »

Its great your back on your scoot ,good to hear ,ride safe   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2009, 08:06:05 AM »

Good news that you're back in the saddle again.  Sorry 'bout the problems w/ fixing the scooter tho, ride safe and watch out for hazards bounding in the roadway.   spyder

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2009, 10:35:29 AM »

Geez, you live in Jersey and I just found this yesterday. Hope you are mending fairly well, it seems like you are.

NJ has an unlimited doe harvest starting with bow in October 3rd then gun and ending with bow Jan 31st.  We just about got em wiped out

Where is that?
Sure as heck isn't on the Garden State Parkway!

The stupid animals live on the medium down by me. There are time we will try and count them when we see more then a few.
We have seen upwards of 25 within a 1/2 mile stretch, and that is while driving at 65.

They are an avoidable hazard - if only the state would remove them from the mediums.

This picture below, in the bare spots, typically have a dozen or more deer at any given time

To the Parkway's credit, I have never seen a dead deer more the once, they are very quick with the cleanup.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

HDBaggerDave

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 07FLHTCU
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2009, 11:25:19 PM »

Good to hear you're up to riding.  Might take a little more time but you and the bike will be just fine.  Take Care!

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2009, 10:33:17 PM »

Thanks again fella's.. I got about  200 miles on her since I got her back. Runs and looks like new.
got my pan done last week, put about 100 miles on her too. again,runs like new. Man, I missed my jockey shift and suicide clutch!.. almost forgot how to ride her its been so long!
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Page created in 0.33 seconds with 21 queries.