Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to lower a SEUC ??  (Read 1907 times)

Diesel Dragon

• Full CVO Member
How to lower a SEUC ??
« on: November 13, 2008, 09:32:27 PM »

A friend of mine bought a white 08 SEUC and he's a little vertically challenged and needs to lower the bike some.

He usually rides two up with his girlfriend so a comfy ride still needs to be a priority.

What's the best way to lower it ? Harley lowering kit or is there something better out there ?

Thx

DD

A threesome is not really cheating, the 2 girls cancel each other out :)

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits

08 SE Ultra
03 Fatboy

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: How to lower a SEUC ??
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 09:37:49 PM »

Why not go w/one of the air ride shocks in the rear... Arnott's, Legends, etc. That way when he needs to have feet planted firmly he can lower the bike, then when underway he's got full travel length of shocks.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

REGGAB

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 10:33:09 PM »

A friend of mine bought a white 08 SEUC and he's a little vertically challenged and needs to lower the bike some.

He usually rides two up with his girlfriend so a comfy ride still needs to be a priority.

What's the best way to lower it ? Harley lowering kit or is there something better out there ?

Thx

DD

Did he buy the one at Brother's that's been there since the Spring?

REGGAB

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 10:38:36 PM »

Seriously, Drago, have him look into various sizes of Bitubo shocks via Traxxion Dynamics.  They'll also work the front forks with AK-20 cartridges to his liking as well.  I can't speak for any of the air ride stuff, because I don't use it.  In my mind, that's just more complicated stuff that WILL break.  I'd hate to have a busted air line leave me bottomed out riding cross country. 

BayouBiker

• Patriot Guard - HOG - ABATE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Cherry Jester 110"
    • CVO2: '99 FXDWG 96"
    • CVO3: 'BSR'
    • photos by Tiki Tom
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 08:13:28 AM »

FWIW- I used the lowering blocks ($110) on the back & the HD lowering springs in the front ($120)

I'm happy with it. Haven't had any issues with bottoming out or loss of ride quality....
Live - Love - Ride
         :-*

Guardian Angels are everywhere! When they don't have wings, I call them friends.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 08:50:09 AM »

The real question is how far does it need lowering?

Air shocks in the rear is a better result that the lowering blocks IMHO (stock shocks suck anyway)
wether it is Legends, Bitubos, or Arnotts

front lowering springs or a better fix is AK-20

And the final and most overlooked option is to have the seat cut down (top and sides) will get your feet down.
replace foam with gel pads if you think comfort is being compromised.

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 10:21:53 AM »

Seriously, Drago, have him look into various sizes of Bitubo shocks via Traxxion Dynamics.  They'll also work the front forks with AK-20 cartridges to his liking as well.  I can't speak for any of the air ride stuff, because I don't use it.  In my mind, that's just more complicated stuff that WILL break.  I'd hate to have a busted air line leave me bottomed out riding cross country. 
I love my legends it's nice to get your feet better planted when you need it. I also left my old air lines just in case of compressor failure, just plug em back in and fill her up with hand pump.

REGGAB

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 01:43:27 PM »

I love my legends it's nice to get your feet better planted when you need it. I also left my old air lines just in case of compressor failure, just plug em back in and fill her up with hand pump.

Excellent idea.

Diesel Dragon

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 01:16:13 AM »

Did he buy the one at Brother's that's been there since the Spring?

Ya that's the one

He's been riding his Fat boy all summer 2 up while me and the wife have been lounging on the ultra  ;D

So we happened to be up at Danbury HD for a show and they had a white one that he and his girl really liked but it turned out to be sold already, stop in at Brothers and theres another white one, so he bought it, I think he payed 1500 under list for it.

Anyway, he's not to bad on it solo but with 2 up and the passenger footboard down it doesn't leave much room for error when your coming to a stop with planting your feet, he's almost lost it a couple of times already.

So were looking for some suggestions to drop it.

I'll pass along everyones idea's and see what he think's

Thx everyone.

DD

A threesome is not really cheating, the 2 girls cancel each other out :)

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits

08 SE Ultra
03 Fatboy

REGGAB

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 07:44:26 AM »

Ya that's the one

He's been riding his Fat boy all summer 2 up while me and the wife have been lounging on the ultra  ;D

So we happened to be up at Danbury HD for a show and they had a white one that he and his girl really liked but it turned out to be sold already, stop in at Brothers and theres another white one, so he bought it, I think he payed 1500 under list for it.

Anyway, he's not to bad on it solo but with 2 up and the passenger footboard down it doesn't leave much room for error when your coming to a stop with planting your feet, he's almost lost it a couple of times already.

So were looking for some suggestions to drop it.

I'll pass along everyones idea's and see what he think's

Thx everyone.

DD

I figured it was, and when I saw it in May, I knew it was gonna sit there all summer with a $42K price on its head.  It was still there when I was up there in October.  Glad it found a good home tho'......finally.
I don't think you'll find a better solution than Bitubo/Traxxion AK-20.  All of it can be done right there.  Order the Bitubos and install them yourselves.  Pull the front forks, send them to Traxxion, and about a week after they get them, they'll be on their way back to CT.  Best mods I've done to my machine.  I need to get them done to the FLHR, but I'm on restriction until sometime in my late 50s.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 09:39:03 AM »

Have the Legend air suspension now for 5 years and 57K miles and have been very pleased......so, that would be my recommendation.  The initial cost is the only downside IMHO.  :) har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 09:43:41 AM »

Have the Legend air suspension now for 5 years and 57K miles and have been very pleased......so, that would be my recommendation.  The initial cost is the only downside IMHO.  :) har!  spyder

Spydy

What kind of price?

:nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 02:43:23 PM »

Spydy

What kind of price?

:nixweiss:
Not as much as ya'll pay for the Traxxion,  and the price has come down since I got mine....I think around 700 bucks or so for the 'system'.  It's a quality product and they stand behind it if anything goes wrong.  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.