Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Mikey's build of his 2000 FXR4  (Read 49091 times)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
Re: Mikey's build of his 2000 FXR4
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 12:23:02 PM »

Re: "FXR CHATTER" « Reply #64 on: November 13, 2008, 03:52:46 PM »

".....It's getting everywhere......"

It started leaking on the front cylinder in August. It was 'bad' but that's when I first noticed some oil around the rocker covers.  I then took a 4K+ mile trip up into Michigan and did the Circle Lake Michigan Tour  .......... a really kewl trip and fun time !!.......Then after I got home and was doing some local riding it has gotten to this point.....But since I'm so close to my build time (in December) I wasn't too upset about it cause I knew that it was all coming apart anyway, so no biggie.

My biggest concerns now are, getting it apart without having to remove the engine, getting it back together CORRECTLY, and NO LEAKS for 10's of thousands of miles after it goes back together. 

25,000 + miles currently on the bike.....

[NOTE: Please remember that putting your cursor next to the paper clip icon below the photo will allow you to enlarge the photo plus save it to your computer if you desire OR if you merely wish to see it enlarged simply put your cursor on the photo and "LEFT" click and it will enlarge]
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 12:47:19 PM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2008, 12:28:25 PM »

Re: "FXR CHATTER" « Reply #100 on: November 15, 2008, 04:50:10 PM »

fxr4mikey:

As most, if not all of you, know, I'm about to do a build on my FXR4..............
I plan to start this in a few weeks, I'm SKERID   :nervous:

GOING To INSTALL:
SE Heads
Wood W6 cam
Rivera Taper-Lite chromoly ez install adjustable push rods
Billet Chrome lifter blocks
Mikuni HSR42 carb
Pro-Force AC and breather kit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AIR-CLEANER-FOR-CARBURETOR-PARTS-FOR-HARLEY-EVO-MIKUNI_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el11%2016QQitemZ350114640612QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAc%20cessories
Sifton max-axle lifters

ALREADY INSTALLED:
Compu-Fire programmable ignition (rev limit set at 6K - max advance 35degrees)
Single fire coil
V&H Straight Shots exhaust

I've NEVER taken an engine apart before.  And while I'm pretty good with tools, it's a bit scary.  I have the service manual, I have the parts manual, I have ALMOST all of the parts, WITH the exception of:

1) shim stock for the cam
2) torrington inner cam bearing
3) gaskets - I have none of them YET, but I know of a thread here that lists them for me, THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for the past couple of months I've been reading and reading sections of the service manual, and it's pretty good, but missing some things for sure, as we already know this

My question is this:

Does anybody have a sequential listing of STEPS to take in order to do the build.  While the service manual gives details for various steps, it DOES NOT tell you which is the BEST sequence in which to execute the steps.

I plan to do to a couple of things here:

1) I will start a document of sequential steps to take, not the step details, but what to do and what order to do them in
2) get input to help insure the list is in the best order, and is as complete as I can make it, limited of course for these build steps
3) I will be taking pictures along the way and posting them here ....... along with all my troubles and successes along the way
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 01:08:44 PM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2008, 12:29:47 PM »

Re: "FXR CHATTER" « Reply #105 on: November 17, 2008, 09:53:48 AM »
2) torrington inner cam bearing
3) gaskets - I have none of them YET, but I know of a thread here that lists them for me, THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for the past couple of months I've been reading and reading sections of the service manual, and it's pretty good, but missing some things for sure, as we already know this

My question is this:

Does anybody have a sequential listing of STEPS to take in order to do the build.  While the service manual gives details for various steps, it DOES NOT tell you which is the BEST sequence in which to execute the steps.

I plan to do to a couple of things here:

1) I will start a document of sequential steps to take, not the step details, but what to do and what order to do them in
2) get input to help insure the list is in the best order, and is as complete as I can make it, limited of course for these build steps
3) I will be taking pictures along the way and posting them here ....... along with all my troubles and successes along the way

fxr4mikey~~~

In reference to #2 above, there is a speciality tool you need to remove the cam bearing, the tool is around $150.00 bucks or so, this tool is made in a "Evo" format and a "Twin Cam" format as well....I have both of them, if you decide you will need the tool (unless you own one already you will NEED the tool or know someone that has one local to you) perhaps we can arrange to send you my tool for the cost of postage each way.....based upon the size of the box and weight of the box total cost could be around $30.00 max UPS ground and would take 5 days to get to you most likely.....so plan accordingly....and there is no sense sending it to you until you are 8-9 days out.

You are absolutely correct about reading "stuff" in the service manual for doing a modification like this, the service manual "thoughts" or "presentations" are based upon the logic of repair and follow a progession of such, however when you are doing a "modification" often times things are not done in the same manner.....so you really have to sit down and do a couple of things....either be prepared to sit there at each point and stop and open the book, or create your own step by step procedure, ie: try finding all of the torque numbers for each bolt that will be eventually torqued in easy to locate spots.....it could take one sometimes hours to stop, look, remember and proceed....this past summer I did a clutch basket change on my 2002 RKC, it is a 3-6 hour job at most but it took me over 40 hours to get all of the directions clearly together....I put those directions on my computer and printed them out and then I turned those directions into a PDF file and those directions have helped over 15 people across the nation do the very same thing here is a "link" to what I am talking about, simply place your curser over the address below, click, view, and read if you so desire:

3.37 Modification Gearing Instructions For 2002 -2006 Twin Cams: <~~~CLICK, VIEW, & READ

I am "ClassicRider" @ V~Twin Forum.

So anyway.....my point is that you will find others extremely appreciative of whatever you choose to do, and you are right "photos" would be extremely beneficial, not only to others but to yourself.....a digitial camera for this process is extremely helpful most importantly to you. Just as sitting down right now organizing your thoughts and creating step by step directions in a note book that can survive your oily fingers in the shop so you are not constantly opening and closing that service manual....a computer with a digital imaging copier/scanner can be your friend as well....or KINKOS with all of the equipment and $30.00 can do wonders as well.....Tagging and bagging everything that comes off your bike is always helpful too.....not to mention a "buddy" that is willing to help through the process....it's amazing what an additional mind can do that's interested.

You might possibly give some pondering to putting in new lifters as well, I didn't see that on your list....with new cams comes new lifters at the same time depending upon the actual mileage of course that you have on your bike....and basically the manufactuerer of your lifters determines how many "flats" to turn the push rods to properly secure them from being to tight or to loose and clattering.

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 06:03:48 PM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2008, 12:30:13 PM »

Re: "FXR CHATTER" « Reply #108 on: November 18, 2008, 03:12:59 PM »

POSTED BY fxr4mikey:

....... what do you think of this idea, as a 'starting point' for building my documentation?

1) First a 'draft' of the sequential steps that I plan to execute. No details in this 'draft' just a list of major 'steps to execute'
2) Post that draft here for review and feedback. 
3) After obtaining input make adjustments/modifications to the 'draft'........ Then sit down and start to put 'details' into each of the steps.

4) After the details for each step is documented (using MS Word and create a PDF doc) print out each step, place the paper in those plastic notebook sheets, place them in order in a plastic binder. 
5) Have said binder on my bench when I start.

BTW ...  I really like your idea of getting all of the bolt torque information together in one place, torque settings and tightening patterns as well

So anyway.....my point is that you will find others extremely appreciative of whatever you choose to do, and you are right "photos" would be extremely beneficial, not only to others but to yourself.....a digitial camera for this process is extremely helpful most importantly to you. Just as sitting down right now organizing your thoughts and creating step by step directions in a note book that can survive your oily fingers in the shop so you are not constantly opening and closing that service manual....a computer with a digital imaging copier/scanner can be your friend as well....or KINKOS with all of the equipment and $30.00 can do wonders as well.....

Tagging and bagging everything that comes off your bike is always helpful too
I plan to tag and bag almost EVERYTHING that comes off. I already have the bag/tag numbering scheme in my brain.  I plan to include that in my workbook so I won't be confused later about the numbering scheme.

.....not to mention a "buddy" that is willing to help through the process....it's amazing what an additional mind can do that's interested.
Yes, for sure, but that's a VERY SCARCE thing here for me   :nervous:

You might possibly give some pondering to putting in new lifters as well, I didn't see that on your list....
Must have just been a slight oversight on your part, I'm sure they are listed in the list, as the very last item. I'm putting in Sifton Max Axle lifters

with new cams comes new lifters at the same time depending upon the actual mileage of course that you have on your bike....and basically the manufactuerer of your lifters determines how many "flats" to turn the push rods to properly secure them from being to tight or to loose and clattering.

I thought is was the number of threads per inch on the push rods, not the lifters, that determines how many flats you have to turn the push rods for adjustment.  Not all manufactures of push rods use the same number of threads per inch, so you need to know how many threads per inch your push rods have.  I'm putting in RIVERA ENGINEERING
TAPER-LITE ADJUSTABLE PUSHRODS - which have 40 threads per inch. ----  40 threads per inch equals .00425 inches per flat ....  24 flats = .100 inches.  This puts the adjustment right in the center of the travel of the lifter which could move as much as .200 inches

Please correct me here, aren't all of the lifters made to the same specifications regarding: Diameter, barrel height, and within a spec how much play there is in the lifer when heated up, as much as .200 inches

Re: "FXR CHATTER" « Reply #109 on: November 18, 2008, 03:31:23 PM »

Posted By Sandunbar~~~

I thought is was the number of threads per inch on the push rods, not the lifters, that determines how many flats you have to turn the push rods for adjustment.  Not all manufactures of push rods use the same number of threads per inch, so you need to know how many threads per inch your push rods have.  I'm putting in RIVERA ENGINEERING
TAPER-LITE ADJUSTABLE PUSHRODS - which have 40 threads per inch. ----  40 threads per inch equals .00425 inches per flat ....  24 flats = .100 inches.  This puts the adjustment right in the center of the travel of the lifter which could move as much as .200 inches

Please correct me here, aren't all of the lifters made to the same specifications regarding: Diameter, barrel height, and within a spec how much play there is in the lifer when heated up, as much as .200 inches

Not to butt into your conversation, but....

Actually, it is both the instructions with the pushrods and the instructions with the lifters you need to pay attention to. 

The pushrod instructions will tell you just what you stated - how many threads per inch they have and how much distance each revolution moves the adjuster.

The lifter instructions will tell you how much pushrod movement is needed to properly adjust to the lifter.  No - all lifters do not require the same amount of adjustment.  For example the S&S limited travel lifters required a different amount of adjustment vs. the standard S&S lifter.... 

« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 03:34:13 PM by sadunbar » 

« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 01:25:09 PM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2008, 12:36:44 PM »

Re: "FXR CHATTER" « Reply #111 on: November 18, 2008, 04:37:54 PM »
Not to butt into your conversation, but....

Actually, it is both the instructions with the pushrods and the instructions with the lifters you need to pay attention to. 

The pushrod instructions will tell you just what you stated - how many threads per inch they have and how much distance each revolution moves the adjuster.

The lifter instructions will tell you how much pushrod movement is needed to properly adjust to the lifter.  No - all lifters do not require the same amount of adjustment.  For example the S&S limited travel lifters required a different amount of adjustment vs. the standard S&S lifter....

Sadunbar~~~

Perfectly stated.....glad you jumped in..... :2vrolijk_21: 
You stated what I failed to articulate clearly!!!!

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 01:27:22 PM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2008, 12:45:44 PM »

Re: "FXR CHATTER" « Reply #112 on: November 18, 2008, 04:52:36 PM »

First - Thanks so much for your offer to let me borrow your tools for this aspect of the job !!  I do not own these tools so I will need to find a way to accomplish this part of the build (you do think it's the right thing to do, correct ?).  I would be more than willing to pay for shipping in both directions, no problem.
I'm with you on the planning part .... I'd wait until I was about a week away from doing the bearing exchange task. If we do this, I promise to be ready to use the tools when they get here, to do the job straight away, and to return your tools to you right away.

fxr4mikey~~~

Absolutely you should always change that bearing, which is approximately $8.00.  With this tool it's only a 20 minute job to pull out and reinstall the new bearing.....which is a Torrington B 138 bearing and of course there is only one of these.....you can find this bearing either at your local "indy" shop OR from your local bearing supplier....if you have problems finding one, I can get one here locally and throw it in the box for you....also many will debate this....but I decided to put in a "steel" replacement breather valve gear, the one I show a photo of below is a "JIMS" Breather Valve Gear W/ elongated oil hole #2337ST cost in 2005 was $67.00.

I think that everything you said above about how to document everything is well thought out and would be a great plan of attack....

Regards,

Tim

[NOTE: Please remember that putting your curser next to the paper clip icon below the photo will allow you to enlarge the photo plus save it to your computer if you desire OR if you merely wish to see it enlarged simply put your curser on the photo and "LEFT" click and it will enlarge]
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 06:06:00 PM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2008, 12:47:53 PM »

Re: "FXR CHATTER" « Reply #212 on: December 11, 2008, 03:13:54 PM »--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fxr4mikey POSTS:

I need a couple of part numbers .....

besides the S&S breather ... seems I read here somewhere about a metal one the HD makes to replace the stock plastic one .... anyone have a part number ?

I am going to replace the INA cam bearing with a torrington .....anyone know that part numbere ?

the bike is a 2000 FXR4 (1340 EVO)

Thanks,
Mikey

Re: "FXR CHATTER" « Reply #213 on: December 11, 2008, 03:30:07 PM »

Mike (REDFXR2) Posts:
Torrington B138

--------------

ALSO THIS BEARING CAN BE PURCHASED AT ANY REGULAR BEARING WAREHOUSE, OF COURSE S&S SELLS THE BEARING AS DOES DRAG SPECIALTIES OR ANY OF YOUR LOCAL INDY DEALERS AS WELL.

MAKE SURE WHEN THIS BEARING IS INSTALLED IT IS INSTALLED WITH THE WRITING (WHICH IS ON ONLY ONE SIDE OF THE BEARING) FACES YOU AFTER INSTALLATION, IN OTHER WORDS ONCE THE BEARING IS INSTALLED YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE THE WRITING ON THE SIDE WALL OF THE BEARING.

[NOTE: Please remember that putting your cursor next to the paper clip icon below the photo will allow you to enlarge the photo plus save it to your computer if you desire OR if you merely wish to see it enlarged simply put your cursor on the photo and "LEFT" click and it will enlarge]

« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 05:54:22 PM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2008, 12:48:45 PM »

Re: "FXR CHATTER" « Reply #221 on: December 11, 2008, 08:17:22 PM »

fxr4mikey POSTS:

Tim - you seem to know how to 'FIND' stuff .......

My lifters came with no instructions for setup.

I have two choices.

1) install them with the thought that they have standard .200 inches of travel and adjust the pushrods so the lifter is at .100

2) look and look to see if I can find a set of instructions.

the lifters are Sifton Max-Axle ............. I've been told that the company is out of business or were bought out.  I goggled Sifton and find all kinds of stuff, but nothing on the lifters.

got any ideas ?

Thanks,
Mikey
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 02:28:05 PM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2008, 12:49:32 PM »

Re: "FXR CHATTER" « Reply #222 on: December 12, at 01:57:35 AM »

Tim - you seem to know how to 'FIND' stuff .......the lifters are Sifton Max-Axle.......got any ideas ?
Well........I have some ideas but you aren't going to like them......lol

I recently had a discussion about lifters earlier this week.....the topic however was primarily on the TWIN CAM Side.....the conclusion after a bunch of research is that the OEM "B" Lifter works great for most applications involving the TWIN CAM.........but we of course are talking about EVO Lifters here......the "OEM" EVO Lifter is great as well....with no need to change them EXCEPT FOR one particular reason.....the side walls of the lifter rollers are designed in such a way that it's possible if one were to fail that the result could be catastrophic in the sense that there is no side wall on the roller area in which case the individual "needle" bearings could "potentially" find themselves at the bottom of your cam chest....and running through there ever so politely....ouch......bottom line....it's a good idea to change out the OEM lifters especially when doing upgrades.....

So now what should one use......the answer quite simply is that there are others here more skilled in such an assessment than me, even though I realize this wasn't really your question.....but we are here to offer one another input and the grace to enjoy one another's decisons....here are the lifters I installed when replacing my OEM CAM:

Big Axle Powerglide™ Hydraulic Tappet For ’84-’99 BT, ’86-’90 XL, ’87-’90 Buell®, Single¬
Standard O.D. is .8425”. Individual tappet weighs 149 grams. This tappet replaces and surpasses H.D.® No. 18523-86 and S&S® No. 33-5341. Use with 2272-IS Instruction sheet. Total Hydraulic Lift: 0.200” THE POWERGLIDE™ ADVANTAGE
Longest valve train engine life.  Produced from billet bearing steel. The same high quality steel our shafts and crank pins are made from. The best made JIMS® big axle roller. The ultimate in hydraulic control system, performs better under both the lower and the higher R.P.M. limits, and high spring pressures. A true centerline for roller life and exact cam timing.  State of the art pushrod seat, machined with the same segmented parabolic cup as the JIMS® roller rockers. Helps eliminate pushrod whip. Engineered on a state of the art cad system, and machined in some of the world’s most accurate precision computer controlled machinery. Hand fit hydraulic unit to a running fit of .0002”, with ultra precision air gauging system.  All hydraulic units are tested 100% for function under a simulated pressure test fixture.  The best warranty policy in the industry.
Powerglide™ tappets are capable of the highest rpm a Harley® can safely turn (about 8025 r.p.m.) at a valve lift of .700”, with the right valve springs, valves, cam, oil, etc. We recommend using with JIMS® tappet blocks No.1094. It is not necessary to use a limiting travel washer in "PowerglideTM" tappets. For ALL OUT performance use a hydrosolid tappet.

JIMS BIG AXLE POWER GLIDE HYDRAULIC TAPPETS JIMS PART # 2456-1 (BRAND NEW). FOR 84-99 EVOLUTION : REPL. OEM #18523-86, POWERGLIDE TAPPETS HAVE A MICRO-FINISH BORE THAT ALLOWS A RUNNING FIT OF .0002". THIS TAPPET REPLACES AND SURPASSES HD PART # 18523-86 AND S & S PART # 33-5341.
•   Powerglide™ tappets have a micro-finish bore that allows a running fit of .0002”
•   Big Axle™ rollers are designed around three working parts
•   The outer wheel/roller has a 27% greater wall size — less harmonic distortion for better     tracking of cam lobe
•   Pin bearings are decreased in size by 12%, which increases rpm for more precise tracking
•   Axle size is increased 36% and doubles as the inner race, so the pin bearing and complete roller assembly now
                     rotates around the axle instead of an inner race, eliminating all possible movement in and around the axle
•   Made in the U.S.A.
For 84-99 80” Evolution; Repl. OEM #18523-86
Part Number   Description   Suggested Retail
DS-194107    SIZE: Std. (.8425”) - Powerglide Hydraulic     $73.95
DS-194107  Big Axle Power Glide Hydraulic Tappets JIMS Part# 2456-1  $235.00  for 4 of them.

227.0       4 tappets JIMS TOOLS Powerguide Big Axle Hydraulic Lifters/Tappets Dennis Kirk page 220 2004                  
                          catalog H14-905  $68.99 ea X 4 $275.96 DS-194107 $ 63.95ea X4 $255.80 $227.00 Purchased              
                          From jenni in 2005.

Another brand most are familiar with would be a set of S&S Lifters.

On my bike one of these two brands would be going in.......so this is all I know about lifters.....perhaps others here will have more input as to what to do......but if it were me.....well....lol it doesn't matter if it were me....lol as "me" already replaced my OEM EVO Lifters with the ones above.....which speaks to how I feel about lifters......

I know you were asking how you might find an instruction sheet.....but I am way back at the beginning of this decision that says....the brand you have chosen wouldn't be my choice.  Every decision I make on my bikes always seems to be a painstaking decision....lol....meaning that I do tons of research before I do anything just like the rest of us here, we all do research each and every one of us......and at the time for me in 2005 what I chose to put in seemed to offer me personally the most security based upon the answers I received.

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 02:29:03 PM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2008, 12:50:38 PM »

Re: "FXR CHATTER" « Reply #223 on: December 12, at 10:22:23 AM »

FXR2evo99 (me) states~~~
I know you were asking how you might find an instruction sheet.....but I am way back at the beginning of this decision that says....the brand you have chosen wouldn't be my choice.

fxrmikey4 states~~~~
We all make our choices of course. And we all know that we won't all make the same choices.  I got these lifters last June along with most of the other parts. At that time I didn't know of this site .... which surely would have had an impact on my decision for these lifters.

Others that I was in discussion with at the time said that they would be fine. Be sure to replace the OEM lifters.  I'm OK with them and feel that they are a quality part (based on what I could find out later about the company).  Being that I already have them, and have 170 bucks in them, I'm not very inclined to spend another 280 bucks for a different set.  Of course should they fail and fall into the cam chest .... well then that will have been a bad decision.

Thanks Tim for your input, as ALWAYS very well put and thought out!

Sifton Products dot com - seems they only sell thru dealers, and not directly

I have not really found any details about specs .... like the stuff you posted about the JIMS lifters

Until I got these lifters I had never heard of Sifton before.

Here's a list of Sifton products ... I don't know if it's 'ALL INCLUSIVE' or not
http://www.stony-point.com/sifton/Index-01.htm?gen_time=1030043230327

The Sifton product story
http://www.stony-point.com/sifton/

Tom Sifton - AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame  (a short read)
http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/hofbiopage.asp?id=55

The Beauty of Speed
http://www.beautyofspeed.com/track/history/sifton_team/index.htm
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 02:29:26 PM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2008, 01:01:24 PM »

fxr4mikey states~~~

This is the only specs that I have found on the Sifton lifters ......

Sifton Hydraulic Tappet Unit Sets feature maxi-axle roller and pin design and unique “no-bleed” integral pump unit. Unique
pump design features full hydraulic action up to 5000 RPM, then act as solid.

V-Twin is a dealer .... interesting enough I found the Sifton's on the same page as the Power Glide Evo Hydraulic Tappets .... here:

1984-1999 EVO LIFTERS/TAPPETS <~~~~CLICK, VIEW, & READ

............but I don't know if those are the ones you had .... I didn't see the JIMS name there.

fxr4mikey~~~
yes, in the lower left hand corner those appear to be the ones I installed to answer your question from above....

Regards,

Tim

« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 06:08:47 PM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2008, 01:01:48 PM »

Re: "FXR CHATTER" « Reply #226 on: Yesterday at 12:10:07 PM »

Mike (REDFXR2) POSTS~~~~
Just to muddy up the tappet search water, I used HD Screaming Eagle lifters in mine.  18568-98 I believe is the part number.  I've been told that Jim's made SE lifters for HD.

Screamin Eagle EVO Lifters:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 06:12:10 PM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2008, 01:02:45 PM »

Re: "FXR CHATTER" « Reply #227 on: December 12, at 12:38:08 PM »

Mike~~

I sort of remember that as well......and I decided at the time to go to the "well" or the "source" per say.....but back in 2005 I remember that as a topical discussion somewhere.....just never kept any notes on it specifically.....Anyone else confirm this?

Mike, how much are those?

Mike you never "muddy" up the waters....lol....you are our source of inspiration.... :2vrolijk_21:

Regards,

Tim

Re: "FXR CHATTER" « Reply #230 on: Yesterday at 04:48:11 PM »

Mike (REDFXR2) Posts~~~Looking at your photo and mine above, I'd say the rumour is true.  The Jims lifter looks just like the SE model, minus the "Screamin' Eagle" lettering.  and--they're (still) $259.95.  I looked up my records and that's the same retail price they carried in 2005, but I ordered mine from Surdyke for $209.25.

JIMS BIG AXLE POWER GLIDE HYDRAULIC TAPPET
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 06:10:53 PM by FXR2evo99 »

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2008, 01:27:27 PM »

~~

I am simply providing the photo of the item above along with the description as we all know eventually that link above will disappear without a photo....so anyone reading this post a couple of years ago will go huh? ? ? ? LOL...so now they will know about the comments you get on it and see what was being discussed....

Regards,

Tim

That was a GOOD IDEA, Thanks !
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2008, 01:30:35 PM »

I just found this on eBAY  .....what do you think of this ?

fxr4mikey~~~

I think you would need a college education to get the full use of those tools.... :2vrolijk_21:
 :bananarock:

Tim ~~~   LOL

Of course your 4th option is to borrow mine.....however I can help.....we can work out the details privately.   ~~

Regards,

Tim

OK, again, THANKS..... we'll work out the details when the time arrives, THANKS !!

Mikey
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Page created in 0.331 seconds with 21 queries.