Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Great Site and Thanks  (Read 2077 times)

SEUGuamaniac

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Great Site and Thanks
« on: October 17, 2005, 07:35:15 PM »

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

A great thing happened to me when I arrived in Virgina City Nevada during Street Vibs.  A couple of SE owners approached me and gave me the contact info to this site.  Just wanted to thank them!!!  I am also a proud owner of a new '06SE Gadget Glide(aka Ultra Classic) and I'm enjoying it to the fullest.  Have about 2K miles and ready for pipes, aircleaner and race tuner w/dyno.  Been looking into a lot of different pipes and now purchasing D&Ds 2 into 1 with a ghost pipe on one side.  D&D pipes come with a performance baffle for an additonal $28.  They looked and sounded great on the 95in. V-twin I saw at a local HD dealer. It's the closest sound I've heard compared with the Vance&Hines Big Shots long I have on my "01 Heritage (which really sounds and runs great).  I tried to get Vance& Hines to sell me ghost pipes for the same model pipe but they refused. So I am settling on the D&Ds.  Anyone heard anything negative about these pipes?

Haven't had any problems with the bike so far but only have 2K miles on it.  It runs great with instant power even without the pipes and air-cleaner.  Can't wait to see what happens after I have it modified.  I was told that when I purchased the bike it should have at least 15K break-in miles on it before doing any mods so no problems so far.  I had the 1K service done a couple of weeks ago and it checked-out fine.

Thanks to all for the great info.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Great Site and Thanks
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 09:03:30 PM »

I was told that when I purchased the bike it should have at least 15K break-in miles on it before doing any mods so no problems so far.

Thanks for the comments and welcome to the site!

As far as the 15,000 mile wait, you'll be missing out on a lot of fun if you hold off 'til then.  That's got to be the most conservative advice I've ever heard.  Usually, it's "wait until the 1,000 mile service."

My bike left the dealer new with the Stage I kit and pipes already installed.  Just followed the manufacturer's break-in recommendations for the first 500 miles and then drove it normally.  No problems here, either, in just over 10,000 miles. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 09:13:46 PM »

SEUGuamaniac,

Welcome to the site.

With your change to D&D Pipes, will you use a Power Commander or Screaming Eagle Race Tuner?

What color is your "Gadget Glide"?

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 09:30:45 PM »

Welcome to the site SEUG. There was an American Rider article posted sometime ago that compared the D&D, Bassani, and Rinehart pipes on a 103. The article was scanned and posted. The discussion and article can be found here http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1114048289/0 Hope it helps!!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 09:49:28 AM »

Welcome SEUGuamaniac;

I may have been one of the guys to give you a card. A group of us came through Virginia City on Friday. I'm glad you found us! Pull up a chair and enjoy yourself.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 01:47:46 PM »

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

So I am settling on the D&Ds.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 09:14:57 AM »

A few on this site have the D&D pipes. I really like mine. You may want to read a little more before going with the performance baffles as I was told race only. The regular baffles are loud enough and give a little back pressure as to make tuning easier. Read a little more on the site or give "unbalanced" a pm. My d&d's are on a 06 se goodyglide.
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.