Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: complete oil change to redline prod.  (Read 15275 times)

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
Re: complete oil change to redline prod.
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 12:09:30 AM »

I ordered direct from Redline.

Ray Z

So do I

http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=105&pcid=19

Marty

Just to get the hat and stickers  :huepfenlol2:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 12:11:05 AM by 110 Mofo »
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 03:03:06 PM »

I put the shockproof tranny fluid in my new bike, wow what a difference :bananarock:
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 04:34:51 PM »

Just a question but how often are you all changing out the Redline Products in your Tranny and Primary? I think 10k on the Tranny and 5k on the motor and Primary??? I know of some people that run a good synthetic in there tranny and never change it for 50 k or more. Not sure I want to do that so that is my question.
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 08:51:08 AM »

Rayz1952, I also switched to redline in all three holes. I still have the lifter ticking, but the trans shifting and 5th gear noise is better. Also at idle I still get that little clunking noise from the primary. I don't think that the automatic primary chain adjusters work as good as the old manually adjustable ones, since I don't have any noise like that coming from my 95 Heritage. Also since I live in So Cal I am going to switch out my engine oil from Redline 20-60 to Amsoil 60 WT Synthetic. It keeps my 95 Heritage nice and quiet(S&S 107 ) and it is compatable with Dino oil  just in case you are somewhere and can't get redline or don't have any in your saddlebag. Actually at 200 degrees oil temp my S&S has less valve train noise then my 09SEUC. (unfortunately since S&S sent me a lemon engine the first time it took one complete rebuild at their cost(under warranty) and a second set of new jugs, pistons, and rings(again under warranty) to get it right.(the second top end rebuild was done by Bennett's in Long Beach CA. He set the specs tighter than S&S) I have a post about this under the EVO section. Sorry about the rambling. I woke up too early this morning. CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »

So has anyone found the "perfect" tool to change the filter
without getting the oil all over everything? I've seen some
after market funnel things, and a few friends tried them
with not much luck.
The "TAZMUN"

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2010, 04:03:36 PM »

with not much luck.

Some of us buy the K&N filter with the nut welded on the end so you can use a socket.  Thern I take a 2 litre bottle and cut away about 1/3 of it and the end out to slip over the filter and catch the filter and as musch as the oil that I can.  Also stuff rags around the cooler, etc before doing this.  That's the best I can do.

Don't know if I will use the Redline 20W50 much longer at $12.95 qt compared to Mobil 1 V Twin at $6.72 qt.  Change at 5,000 miles.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2010, 10:00:39 PM »

with not much luck.

I've pondered and studied this one for many years, and while I eventually got pretty good at no-mess filter changes on my Dyna, I have never been able to come all that close with this CVO e-glide.  That oil cooler and voltage regulator on the e-glide tend to complicate the whole thing, as in not enough room to stuff the various gadgets, plastic bags, rags, and other crap in there and still get the filter out without dumping it all over the place.  One thing I've tried that seems to have promise is drilling or drifting a hole in the end of the filter to drain most of the oil before trying to remove the filter from the engine.  Those plastic catch devices from Drag Specialties and the others work fine with this method, but not so great if you just unscrew the filter and let all that oil gush out at once.  One suggestion; if you decide to drift a hole in the end of the filter, and you don't have a K&N filter with the nut on the end, make sure you break the filter loose before drifting the hole.  Regular strap type filter wrenches don't grip too well after you oil up the outer end of the filter.

I suppose if you had a couple really strong buddies you could have them just tip the bike over on the left side and hold it up while you unscrew and remove the filter.  :nixweiss:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2010, 10:31:25 PM »

That's been my latest sort-of effective method also. One of the odd shaped specialty funnels under the filter and drilling holes in the end of the filter. I stay with drilling after seeing just how hard you have to strike even a sharpened punch against the K&N filters. Nightmare visions filled my head of the day a casting broke.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 07:10:12 AM »

I just take the oil cooler loose and move it to the side, So far no mess or problems.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 08:04:31 AM »

I spoke to the service manager at my local dealer because I wanted to get a price on what the 1K service would cost if I supplied my own fluids. He said not to use Redline in the trans as the MoCo will not honor any transmission warranty claims because the new 6 speed   requires their "specific formulation".  Before I move on to another dealer is there any truth to that? It does sound like a load of BS to me.

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2010, 08:19:20 AM »

BS, They want to sell their own product.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

09fltrse3

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2010, 08:46:29 AM »

Mike, your service manager is full of it, he's looking out for his self, as in he gets a bonus for how much product he sells. Or he isn't the brightest bulb in the box. Andy

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2010, 11:14:07 AM »

I spoke to the service manager at my local dealer because I wanted to get a price on what the 1K service would cost if I supplied my own fluids. He said not to use Redline in the trans as the MoCo will not honor any transmission warranty claims because the new 6 speed   requires their "specific formulation".  Before I move on to another dealer is there any truth to that? It does sound like a load of BS to me.

MikeV

Not only is he mistaken (intentionally or otherwise) he is speaking contrary to Federal law.  A manufacturer can not require that you use their own specific lubricant to keep the manufacturer's warranty active.

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRU
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC - SOLD
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2010, 01:25:58 PM »

Has anyone ever ordered from autopartsdealer.com?  They list the 2050 Power Pack for $50.38 and free ship.

http://www.autopartsdealer.com/red_line_motorcycle__power_pack-p504645-p.html?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=na&utm_campaign=froogle&utm_content=498959

tcb62

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2010, 06:15:32 PM »

that sounds like a deal!!!!  Anyone ordered from this company?
TCB62
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.