Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ULTRA Stereo and Speakers  (Read 1196 times)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
ULTRA Stereo and Speakers
« on: February 07, 2006, 04:17:58 PM »

Well folks,   I'm here to ask again (lot's of good people here).  I have a friends bike in my garage (99 FLHTCUI "ULTRA") , the front amplifier finally pooped.  Question is who makes an aftermarket reciever with a little more punch than the stock 60 watt????  Do they make them that can be controlled with the hand controlls too.   Any suggestions on speaker companies????

HELP!!!!!!! [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
Re: ULTRA Stereo and Speakers
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 04:43:05 PM »

SB,

Look no more........your answer is: Hawg Wired!

PM HD Dude and he can fix you up.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

It the most impressive amp/speaker combo I've ever seen and/or heard for a motorcycle. :o

Fatboy

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 04:49:08 PM »

Well folks,

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 08:47:36 PM »

Thanks for the poop guys, the hand control thing was my biggest worry..........now who makes the best speakers?????
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 09:51:54 PM »

Thanks for the poop guys, the hand control thing was my biggest worry..........now who makes the best speakers?????

Speakers are kind of like an exhaust system. Different people like different things. Check out this thread for a comparison between the Hawg-Wired and Hog Tunes speakers:

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1132456636

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 10:32:01 PM »

HD,
   Thans for the info.......This guy doesn't want to spend a lot of bennies on this project (budget under $1K) I'm sure we can get someting OK for that.......Thanks for the help.... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 12:49:58 AM »

HD,

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 08:39:43 AM »

HD,
    Thanks.  I spent some time reading the threads on this site last night and on the web looking,  and that's pretty close to what I'm seeing.  $800-850 delivered......Thans again for the info....

_Beagle

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 12:48:13 PM »

Thanks again for the good information,   one last question before I order the parts for my bro PC's (Plumbers Crack) bike.  Both Hawg Wired and Hog Tunes make the wiring harness for the hand controls for the radio,  who has had experience with either......Is one better than the other (I understand that "better" is more preference than anything else),  but any input is appreciated.......

Current plan is Hawg Wired speakers front and rear,  Sony Reciever (does any one know if there is one with face plate memory to download tunes from an iPod ,Sony makes one (MEX-1GP),  but don't know if it's supported with the hand control adapter from either manufacturer)

Thanks in advance......

_Beagle

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 01:38:04 PM »

Thanks again for the good information,

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2006, 02:06:46 PM »

Sorry about that,   the other company was Biketron or something.......anyway,  I need to get moving on this one (running out of room in my garage...too many bikes...)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2006, 01:04:42 PM »

Woke up yesterday and got started on that 99 Ultra project.  That kit from Hawg Wired is the sh$t.......mounting bracket fit perfectly,  wiring harness could'nt have worked any better and the speakers sound great.  Anyone out there getting ready to do one.....that's the way to go.....these guys really thought this thing out well.

HD-dude,  thanks for all your help and advice......U Da Man!!!!!

All the Best....

_Beagle [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif]

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.