Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Starting  (Read 1582 times)

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
Starting
« on: May 04, 2010, 01:57:09 PM »

I have a 2009 SEUC and when starting about every 10 time the starter does not lock into the gear on the clutch. Does anyone else have this problem? The dealer replaced the clutch gear last fall and last week replaced the bearing.
Bill

holliboo

Re: Starting
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 06:47:11 AM »

I have a 2009 SEUC and when starting about every 10 time the starter does not lock into the gear on the clutch. Does anyone else have this problem? The dealer replaced the clutch gear last fall and last week replaced the bearing.

I had an 08 se ultra and once in a while it would make a terrible grinding noise. I took it into the "experts" and they ended up telling me my flywheels were out of round and Harley is going to replace the engine. Well went to pick the bike up and it did the same exact thing right in there parking lot. I left it and got a call a couple days later and they told me the compression releases weren't working ?? They replaced them and it seemed fine for about 2 weeks untill I got it off the trailor at Myrtle Beech. I was at a dealer down there and was talking to a guy who heard they were having problems with some starter gear in the 08-09 models and that they corrected them in the 2010 model. Well i fixed the problem that day, I bought an 2010 and haven't had the problem since. I'm sure some sort of problem may arrise, it's already doing the primary clack. Good luck, this sounds like a common issue.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
Re: Starting
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 07:07:07 AM »

I have had the new starter for over a week and everytime the bike starts fine. Let's see if it keeps starting OK.
Bill

Page created in 0.304 seconds with 21 queries.