Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: hydralic clutch question  (Read 1753 times)

panhead1

• Full CVO Member
hydralic clutch question
« on: June 14, 2010, 05:54:40 PM »

have an 06 seuc.  I have noticed with my clutch when it is cold i don't really have much clutch.  You just barely move the lever back out and its engaged.  As the bike warms up you can go out almost twice as far.  Are most hydralic clutches like this?  I am never slipping and it is never walking while sitting in gear just kinda weird.  Not sure if i would flush the oil and start over if that would make a difference or not. 

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: hydralic clutch question
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 07:59:49 PM »

have an 06 seuc.  I have noticed with my clutch when it is cold i don't really have much clutch.  You just barely move the lever back out and its engaged.  As the bike warms up you can go out almost twice as far.  Are most hydralic clutches like this?  I am never slipping and it is never walking while sitting in gear just kinda weird.  Not sure if i would flush the oil and start over if that would make a difference or not. 

What you're describing is normal; as the clutch heats up it will engage a little further from the grip than it does when cold.

If you find that the engagement point is real close to the grip when cold, you may see an improvement if you thoroughly bleed the hydraulics.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

panhead1

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 09:30:32 PM »

I will probalby try that.  What do you guys run for oil in there?  Do you bleed them just like brakes? 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 09:39:46 PM »

I will probalby try that.  What do you guys run for oil in there?  Do you bleed them just like brakes? 

It's brake fluid in the hydraulic clutch.  It's a closed fluid system isolated from the transmission oil.  Bleed it like brakes.

panhead1

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 11:05:23 PM »

Does it matter what brake fluid you use?  like dot 5 or 4? Wasn't bright and didn't get the cvo suppliment book so don't have much info on all the stuff on it. 

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 11:30:24 PM »

Does it matter what brake fluid you use?  like dot 5 or 4? Wasn't bright and didn't get the cvo suppliment book so don't have much info on all the stuff on it. 

DOT 4.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.