Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: FED AGENT BOOKED FOR HIT & RUN  (Read 6205 times)

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
FED AGENT BOOKED FOR HIT & RUN
« on: April 06, 2006, 09:31:24 PM »

From the Boston Herald 04-06-06
An enforment officer for the U.S. Department of Commerce is facing attempted murder charges in connection with a hit-and-run road rage incident in South Boston that left a motorcyclist critically injured. Thomas Porro, 34, of South Boston, was arrested, cash bail set for $10,000. According to witness Porro driving a Silver 2004 Nissan (offical government vehicle) ran Mr. Frank Merlonghi and his 2003 Harley Davidson off Summer St. and into then center island, police say the vehilce has gone missing,and are attempting to locate said vehilce. To date (Porro) has not provided accurate information as to the vehicles location.
 Police are also checking into witness accounts that Porro threatened Merlonghi, 45, with a hand gun during the moving argument that led to Merlonghi being hospitalized with two fractured legs, and several busted ribs.

04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
Re: FED AGENT BOOKED FOR HIT & RUN
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 09:13:02 AM »

Watch out for the G-Man [smiley=nervous.gif]He may go "Postal" on you. That sucks for Mr. Merlonghi wonder what he might have done to piss off the fed.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 12:55:07 PM »

Watch out for the G-Man [smiley=nervous.gif]He may go "Postal" on you. That sucks for Mr. Merlonghi [highlight]wonder what he might have done to piss off the fed[/highlight].
Wouldn't take much, BigD.......when you're out riding the roads on a good looking/sounding scooter and others are having to ride around in their gov't. vehicles with no class.  :( >:( har!  [smiley=drink.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 01:39:50 PM »

Damn shame it's our tax dollars that are paying this person. :o Along with taking his gun and badge they should take his job, there is no reason for this. >:( To top it all off he was in "government vehicle" I shudder to think what would happen to me if I were to do something like this while driving fire apparatus. [smiley=nervous.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 01:47:19 PM »

Damn shame it's our tax dollars that are paying this person. :o Along with taking his gun and badge they should take his job, there is no reason for this. >:( To top it all off he was in "government vehicle" I shudder to think what would happen to me if I were to do something like this[highlight] while driving fire apparatus.[/highlight] [smiley=nervous.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Ohhhh, Now that I'm sure would be a lot worse for the poor soul that you pissed off!!
along with a few others to boot. Road Rage is really starting to be a large factor, for riding now, I've seen it countless times over the past few years, don't want to end up like this guy!
Mark  :(

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 01:52:59 PM »

Watch out for the G-Man [smiley=nervous.gif]He may go "Postal" on you. That sucks for Mr. Merlonghi wonder what he might have done to piss off the fed.

Well I'm sure it wasnt anything like hauling his wife out of the car and taking off with her, come on now, federal officer pulling chit like that is bad enough, then to run the guy down in front of witnesses! WTF
Toss that fool into the jailhouse with a Fed Agent sign pinned to him

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 02:02:20 PM »

Totally agree, d00d.  Hopefully he will lose his job after the investigation as he surely doesn't need to be carrying a firearm as part of his duty.  Sounds like another bully with a badge to me.  If they do the right thing, they'll not only take his job, but lock him up so he will not be able to prey on others in the future.  Too bad the other biker didn't take care of the issue at the time......guess he was busy helping his fallen buddy.   :(  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006, 02:05:08 PM »

Totally agree, d00d.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 04:12:25 PM »

Totally agree, d00d.

road rage vctm bro

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 12:24:39 PM »

I am the brother of the victim in this story, believe it or not this guy is still out there and from what I understand he is still on the government payroll and still driving.  It sickens me after 6 months, this man made a 5 minute appearance in court and hasn't had to appear since. Thankful, my brother is alive yet pissed to think this Ahole has the chance to strike again when he has a bad day. My brothers life is on hold right now, still out of work, he spends his days attending the numerous doctors, therapy, and surgery appointments.

Mannnnn, can life change in an instant,

What amazes me most is the fact that this man still has a drivers license, and I believe still, his  license to carry his personally owned firearms. how sick, not to mention collecting a free paycheck probablly still with health insurance, and my brother is burdened with the knowledge that his benefits run out in another month.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 12:46:00 PM »

$10,000 bail for attempted murder?  I guess he is above the law.

To the brother......your brother needs to get the media involved in this.  Start a campaign of his own....similar to what they do when it's the other way around.  Get people to start writing letters and making phone calls to the DA, TV and radio stations, newspapers, etc.  Otherwise, it'll be postponned indefinately, till it's pretty much forgotten about by all but your brother, then it'll be a simple plea bargain deal where he does community service work for a couple weeks and he'll be back at it.  You got to take action now.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 03:58:29 PM »

$10,000 bail for attempted murder? [highlight] I guess he is above the law.[/highlight]

To the brother......your brother needs to get the media involved in this.
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

road rage vctm bro

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 05:57:15 PM »

I should have explained further on the car, They do have it, approximately a week after the hit, found in I believe an auto repair shop out of state.  JCZ, the authorities are well aware and have been advised of our intent on continued media coverage. I could write a book about this incident, the media was involved in the beginning  yet it was amazing what little interest this was given. I initially contacted tv news who had little interest, even following a call from the court house the day after the arrest advising the media of the arrest and the fact that he was a government officer. The prosecutor appears very confident. There is a reporter from the Boston Herald who did a story on this incident and discussed the concern of a cover-up as well as the effects of this incident following a phone call from a friend. His name is Peter Gelzinis. I will attempt to find that story written days after the accident and copy it here, it basically summed up the beginning of this very long nightmare as well as my brothers injuries compared to a few fractured bones as the news
and police report indicated. I will try to get that article asap.

road rage vctm bro

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 06:29:21 PM »

here is the article,

G-mans role in road rage puts victims kin on edge By Peter Gelzinis Boston Herald Columnist Friday, April 7, 2006

Last week, the story barely dribbled into public view as road rage involving a car and a motorcycle. All we knew was that the car kept going, and the guy on the motorcycle may have sustained injuries to his arm and leg.

Frank Merlonghi was the guy riding a 2003 Harley-Davidson Fatboy up Summer Street. Nine days later, a machine in the ICU at Boston Medical Center is still pushing air into his bruised and punctured lungs. For his own benefit, the 45-year-old Amtrak worker remains suspended in medically induced limbo. And road rage has now officially been upgraded to attempted murder. As for those injuries, friends describe the right side of Merlonghi's body as shredded flesh and bone, held together with pins and needles. Several ribs are busted and his shattered pelvis will require additional surgery. The trauma to his right side is so severe, the wounds so deep and gaping, tissue and muscle remain exposed. The fear of infection is everything right now,
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 07:06:34 PM by road_rage_vctm_bro »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 06:43:15 PM »

here is the article, .....
Don't know what happened when you posted, but I tried to decipher and clean it up as best as possible. Here it is again...

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

[highlight]G-mans role in road rage puts victims kin on edge
By Peter Gelzinis Boston Herald Columnist Friday, April 7, 2006

Last week, the story barely dribbled into public view as road rage involving a car and a motorcycle. All we knew was that the car kept going, and the guy on the motorcycle may have sustained injuries to his arm and leg. Road rage G-mans role in road rage puts victims kin on edge Federal agent on leave in alleged biker attack Frank Merlonghi was the guy riding a 2003 Harley-Davidson Fatboy up Summer Street. Nine days later, a machine in the ICU at Boston Medical Center is still pushing air into his bruised and punctured lungs. For his own benefit, the 45-year-old Amtrak worker remains suspended in medically induced limbo. And road rage has now officially been upgraded to attempted murder. As for those injuries, friends describe the right side of Merlonghi
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 07:07:51 PM »

Thanks Gary.....I was struggling with that myself.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

road rage vctm bro

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2006, 07:08:26 PM »

Thanks, it was difficult to find the article, I cut and pasted and am not sure what happend.
thanks again

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006, 09:15:32 PM »

hope your brother recovers quickly and this scumbag gets everything coming to him and more

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2006, 10:22:47 PM »

road rage vctm bro
Your brother has my deepest sorrows for his loss of his normal lifestyle and personal freedoms!! (I would not even want to know what kind of hell he must be enduring) And for the long ass road that he now has to travel (without his bike) just to get back to where he was.
  Tell Frank his brothers are pulling for him, and with some luck that damn fool will end up plastered on the front end of some drunks speeding car!!!!
  I for one will send an E-mail to the DA's office, expressing my feeling toward the obvious lack of pursuit towards Frank's case!
  Have you thought of doing a benefit ride for your brother?
Talk to the local chapters to see if they will help out for his benefit. Also try talking to the folks at Boston H.D. to see if they will do something for him during the upcoming Halloween run to Salem.
 Matter of fact if you'd like I'll E-mail Boston H.D. and call them on your behalf if it may help. If for nothing else a brother rider is down and in a hardass place with some serious needs.
My prayers are with you and Frank!!!!
MYCVO

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2006, 10:51:29 PM »

Hey MYCVO, that's a great Idea.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 10:52:19 PM by spydglide »

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2006, 10:58:13 PM »

Hey MYCVO, that's a great Idea.

road rage vctm bro

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2006, 07:22:18 AM »

Thanks guys, MYCVO,  The DA's office from what I understand is all set to go with this, I met with the DA at the last court date and expressed my concerns regarding why this idiot has not had to appear and it is all a part of the process, (waiving appearance). A trial date has been set. See, I am not aware of the legal process at all, it was explained to me that timing,. based on the amount of cases is in order as well as the fact that this initially was in the local court and later sent to the superiorl court wherby the process started all over again. I explained also, my fear that as time goes by the seriousness of this crime is deminishing, thus, my post yesterday. There will be alot to say when this is all over, there were numerous reasons for concern regarding the investigation (handling) of this in the beginning, Thankfully my brother is well known in South Boston and I truly believe that if there was going to be any leniency or attempted cover up, it was foiled in the first week by the numerous calls, suggestions, complaints and requests for information  and or the correct information.

MYCO do you know of a web page for the local chapter, I am not a regular with the computer and posting but I did want this Gelzinis article out there. As for a benefit run, I'm not familiar with
any of this as I don't ride but I recentlly learned that some good friends are having a benefit time for him in OCTOBER at the Boston Teachers Union Hall.  Most appreciated are the Prayers, anything to lift his spirits.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2006, 09:48:13 AM »

Sorry that I missed this from the beginning but so glad you found the site and posted these follow ups.

My thoughts and prayers for your brothers recovery and best wishes on the upcoming benefit.

Sounds like this won't get swept under the carpet but it is excruciating how slowly our wheels of justice move in this day and age.  The victims always seem to be the ones who get the shaft in our legal system, lets hope that this guy gets what he deserves when his day in court arrives.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2006, 10:06:20 AM »

Thanks guys, MYCVO,

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2006, 04:21:49 PM »

Here are a few to start with bro
I sent off a few myself
www.bostonharley.com
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2006, 05:52:40 PM »

No disrespect at all to the injured man and his family here.  Really.  But I guess I kind of miss why we seem more indignant because the asshole who did the deed had as a job being a custom's cop?  

It's not like the act was somehow committed under color of authority.  He was an asshole who did a bad thing and tried to cover it up.  Unless I'm missing something.  

For the act he should be punished.  For trying to cover it up he should be punished more.  If he used some access his job gave him to help him try to cover it up he should be punished even more.  But the guy was the asshole, not the government job.

road rage vctm bro

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2006, 06:54:35 PM »

Read the web site for employment in that office., what I'm really pissed at is the fact that this guy is still on the payroll, and I believe still in possession of a fire arm and a dangerous weapon, his own car. Not too sure you would want him driving on your street. Now if he were just your average Joe, I doubt he would be on the payroll as well as I doubt he would be on the street or driving for that matter. And yes I would hold someone like that to a higher standard. No to mention that this state was campaining to seek out agressive drivers. 1 way was on the lit highway signs, I haven't seen one since.

As far as I'm concerned, the assshole still has a job with beneifits, My brother who worked all his life and probablly never took a day off, is about to loose his. where is the fairness
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 07:18:25 PM by road_rage_vctm_bro »

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2006, 07:38:41 PM »

No disrespect at all to the injured man and his family here.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2006, 09:08:10 PM »

No disrespect at all to the injured man and his family here.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2006, 09:21:02 PM »

Roadrage vctm bro,
I know B. Perry personally and I will send him an E-mail tonight and enlighten him of this case. I'm sure that he will be offended by the actions of this clown behind a badge and I'm confident that he will at the very least give up some good info to help your cause.
He's a great guy, behind his shield be it metal or plastic.
Let Frank know he's got friends who are thinking of him.
MYCVO

RIHarleyDee

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2006, 02:30:37 PM »

Hey all,

I reached out to a friend of mine at a tv station up in Boston to find out why there was no coverage, as the bro said.  He told me that apparently there's more to the story than first came out in the papers, and that it appears that the biker(s) might have started/caused the incident, and that one or both of them might have a bit of a checkered past.  No offense to the hurt biker or his family, and I guess it will all come out in court later, but before we go banging drums and raising flags, is there some more info we should have?  There's enough bad press and impressions of us out there without us bringing negative attention on ourselves.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2006, 04:30:00 PM »

Hey all,

I reached out to a friend of mine at a tv station up in Boston to find out why there was no coverage, as the bro said.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 04:30:21 PM by ultrabluz »

road rage vctm bro

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2006, 06:52:08 PM »

RIHARLEYDEE, interesting you joined today, I don't suppose you would like to reveal who your friend is or at least the TV station. Could it be that you know this ahole and would like to railroad this. As for a checkered past, I assure you my brother does not have one. I can not wait to hear the defense, God knows he has had plenty of time to prepare, as well as, a well known, high priced attorney, wonder who is paying for him, maybe his employer? As to your question of any more info,
feel free to reach out to your friend.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 07:23:52 PM by road_rage_vctm_bro »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2006, 07:48:54 PM »

Sympathies to the victim and his family.  Respect for the judicial and investigative process.  All political correctness extended to every interest it might be wanted, needed or desired.  However....  this thread will go no place good very fast from here.  The topic has shared for consent and consumption.  How about enough being enough before it gets to be incredibly too much?

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2006, 09:57:30 PM »

Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1160013451]This Thread[/link]
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.238 seconds with 21 queries.