Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Ultra Tour Pack Rear Light Bar  (Read 1870 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Ultra Tour Pack Rear Light Bar
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2006, 11:16:18 PM »

Yep, it looks good. Ever since I saw 2Lanes I have wanted one, but I bought a new truck and a trailer this year, so the king pak is on the "delay" list again.

It's been nice Porthole.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 12:56:16 AM by twolanerider »

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006, 11:07:38 PM »

TwoLane,
    I had a '99 Ultra.....full on road couch (Barkalounger with wheels),  that and the fact that I made Mrs. Beagle ride for years on my fatboy (I'm talkin' tough trips too........worst day,  club ridin' to Reno from Vegas.......bro's bike busted 120 miles outside of Vegas (right in front of the 'Cherry Patch'....you guess what they sold there......) anyway,  120 miles out......120 miles back (to get the freakin part)......and then 480 miles to Reno.  By the time we got to Reno.....Mrs.Beagle was wiped (All I saw in the mirror was viens stickin' outta her neck).  Anyway,  I bought the Ultra the week before we got hitched (big mistake........she never rode again on the softail).  Make a long story short,  she got used to the bagger (so did I),  but the new $30K SEEG wasn't as comfy as the old Ultra (she missed the wrap around and cushy seat).  I've found that she doesn't ride that often anymore....because of the bike.........so let's make it like the old one......same only different.  I like the Ultra TP with the light bar,  kinda breaks up the BIG BOX look of king TP's.  Not looking to do rear speakers though,  why pump sound into her a$$ (even though she may really like it),  that's what first gear is for.....LOL

Long project though.....I don't have the $$ to just go buy all this stuff from the dealer.  Spidey gifted me some parts,  got some on ebay,  some from the stealer..... a little paint and it's done.  I started this one in September.....never thought it'd be done....but there it is.......love it.

_Beagle [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif]
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2006, 01:01:59 AM »

Beagle, couldn't agree more with the need to break up that large open field on the back of King Tour Pak.  I was just never a big fan of the ultra lights.  So I tried a few different things stuck back there to break up the field and make it look better to my eyes.  Like you I've had passengers report much greater happiness with the big wrap around backrest (at least for longer rides).  And passengers seem ok with the seat on my red bike.  It's nuts all we keep doing to these things to keep tweaking and adjusting to tastes, feeling and perceptions of what we like.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.