Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Solo seat for FXDFSE  (Read 7123 times)

TonyV

• MyCVO

• CVO1: fxdfse
Solo seat for FXDFSE
« on: February 07, 2011, 12:11:44 PM »

I am a "husky" 6'3" x 260 pounder looking for a comfortable solo seat for my bike CVO fat bob. My butt gets numb after 30 minutes with the stock seat. Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance.

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Solo seat for FXDFSE
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 09:39:26 PM »

the "best seat" is a standard "police seat" but its politically unacceptable, all the rest are variations of how close to the real thing.

one point of view that i think is valid - when you are ON the seat everybody can see the bodywork and the engine and the wheels - but the seat is covered - so I use a seat i can ride on all day and dont give a flying *& what it looks like - because its covered up. they sure are comfortable.

to

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 07:44:35 PM »

C & C, the only seat!

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 11:02:04 PM »

I have the HD Sundowner. My wife and I can spend the whole day on it. I'm 5'10" 235.
 Gary

jetwrench450

• 09 Fat Bob

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Fat Bob
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 08:24:30 AM »

If you don't want to go with a whole new seat the AirHawk seat pads are incredible.  Bought one for my back seater and could ride all day without one complaint.  Im posting a couple of things for you.  The Ebay link is who I bought mine through and they were great to deal with. Oh and I have the Airhawk not the Airhawk2. Good Luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Airhawk-AIR-HAWK-Motorcycle-ROHO-SEAT-SYSTEM-PILLION-SM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4ce929ce43QQitemZ330329345603QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://www.airhawkseatcushions.net/c-135-motorcycle-seat-cushions.aspx?pagesize=10000&gclid=CLnBqb25racCFaE65QodzDgKAw

Luigi

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 07:02:28 AM »

Check out Russell Day-Long, been using them for 20 years, never think "seat" on long long days.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 04:39:05 PM »

I throw on one of those black sheep skins for a long day haul and it helps a bit. I think looks do matter to me so I would hate to change the seat. I also have to remember that this is Dyna bike not a Bagger.

I never ride two up on this bike. My daughter rode it once and said she would not again, it's the Road King for the girl. The wife has a new Street Glide so she is on her own.

AussieEagle

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 07:51:47 PM »

stock seat is the best i've ever used so I can't comment on this one, other than i did have a padded out C&C once that was comfy, I'm using a LePera custom now but its thinner than stock seat, for 2-up I use the HD Sundowner - very padded that 1, perhaps they have a solo version?

ALRG8TOR

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE granite denim & electric blue fade
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 07:38:04 AM »

They do have a solo version of the HD Sundowner, does anyone have experience with the Sundowner solo seat on a Dyna?

I'm (we) are very pleased with the two up Sundowner - much more cushion for both the driver and the BSR compared to the stock seat, when adding the backrest is a significantly more comfortable setup as I am told!

UTVol3287

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: CVO Fat Bob
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 02:33:09 PM »

i got the Sundowner Solo seat on mine. i love it. very comfortable and it shows the rear fender off great. i know everyone wants a pic, so i will try to get one posted soon.
2009 CVO Fat Bob
My first Harley

Victory Hammer
BMW R1200C

dees_1

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 10:31:34 AM »

I have the solo Sundowner on my FXDFSE and really like it.  I tend to go on really long rides and the stock seat, while comfortable, gave me an achy back after 8 hours.  Yeah, it's not a cruiser but seriously, I want to ride for 10 hours without discomfort! 

The seat is thicker and pushes you forward and up just a tad bit.  The windshield breaks a little lower than it should but I've gotten used to it.  The reach on the handlebars is a little bit more comfortable for me.  My arms have a more natural bend instead of being mostly straight.  I have a slightly greater bend in my knee but the foot placement is still comfortable.  I'm 5'9" tall with a long inseam and the stock arrangement was good except the handle bars were a bit "far". 

My son borrows my bike from time to time and he really liked the stock seat.  He doesn't mind the Sundowner but at 6'7", the extra height and closeness is more apparent to him.  He likes the Sundowner but prefers the stock seat for his height.

ryr8828dj

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: SE Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 07:30:55 PM »

see the Mustang solo on the SE Fat Bob here http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=88731.0

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.