Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 110" torque specs  (Read 3289 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: 110" torque specs
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 07:26:45 PM »

Regarding the exhaust note on the '07s, yes, the factory and the Screamin' Eagle slip-ons produce a much better sound than they did in the past (I don't recall having the CVO's outside, but they did have a Softail, Dyna & FL outside to listen to the differences).  The MoCo was able to increase exhaust sound because they reduced overall engine noise (auto primary chain tensioner, new cam tensioners, etc).  And yes, the FL's with S/E slip-ons sound and perform much better than the Dyna's or Softails due, in part, to the larger volume of the exhaust.  So, before I spend big bucks on a snappy new exhaust system, I'd probably wait to hear just how well my new CVO sounded from the factory.

[highlight]Another note:  For those of you buying FLHTCUSE2's, you'll note that only this model comes with the sealed air cleaner (intake ports in the black plastic have been enlarged), whereas the other three have the Stage 1 air cleaner installed from the factory.  According to the engineers, this is due to increased resonance introduced by the fairings (batwing & lowers) on the bagger.  So, to give the bikes a better exhaust sound, they had to lose a couple dB's someplace else.[/highlight]................................................................................
LT
LT,

The '04 thru '06 CVO baggers also had the stock air cleaner housing (with a few extra holes in the plastic) and the stock air filter element. That stock filter element only flows about 60% of what the real SE or K&N filter flows.  I changed mine to a SE with a K&N filter, but not only for better performance.  The plastic airbox with its extra holes had a droning noise that drove me crazy (ok, it was a short drive [smiley=rolleyes4.gif] ).  Folks will just have to ride them and see what they think, but I have a sneaking suspicion that most will wind up with the SE or Ness air cleaner.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.