Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Obsolete? That doesn't sound good...  (Read 5040 times)

roadking40

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Obsolete? That doesn't sound good...
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 01:48:56 PM »

I have the part numbers and they are different from other FXR's. I did some checking via Google, ebay, etc... no luck. The thing that I keep coming back to is the non-FXR4 part looks like it will align with the fender struts. Unfortunately I may have to buy a set to try out. My other option is to buy the Corbin seat and forget it about it... may be the simple way to do it.

I can't believe I am working this hard to restore the bike to factory. My real goal is to get my better half to ride with me again.  She won't ride on my BMW K1200GT, so I am trying to be accomidating with the FXR. Thanks again for the help.

RedFXR2

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 03:08:44 PM »

I have the part numbers and they are different from other FXR's.

Is it a different part number for the same thing from the FXR2 and 3?

roadking40

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 03:14:46 PM »

Same part number. I did cross check on bikebandit.com also.

RedFXR2

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 03:19:36 PM »

Same part number. I did cross check on bikebandit.com also.

Big laugh (on me).  That's exactly what I was just doing.  Mind posting the HD part number so I can play detective for you down here?

crshnbrn

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 07:03:16 PM »

Thanks for the effort. It appears as I may have you down the wrong path. I am looking for the sissy bar side plates. They are discon from HD and no one can tell me if the standard FXR sissy bar side plates will work. The dealer says no... due to frame or rear strut changes on the FXR2.3.4. My bike has a solo seat and I want to convert it back to stock with sissy bar. I have had the dealers search, but no one in the US has a thing. Any help appreciated. From looking at the bike, it appears as though there are additional unused holes in the fender that would allow the older plates to work. Anyway, thanks for the help.

According to the 2004 Accessory book FXR rigid sissybar sideplate kit part# 52781-82B fits all 1982-1994 FXR's.  That kit will work, TRUST ME! ;)

FXRs4evr [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

roadking40

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 10:32:42 PM »

Ok, I will try to find the HD part of the aftermarket equiv. BTW, the original HD part numbers are 52797-87, 52798-87
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.