Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Custom Dynamics LED's turn signals and modules experience  (Read 1238 times)

neil1b

Custom Dynamics LED's turn signals and modules experience
« on: October 23, 2013, 08:40:03 AM »

I just installed the whole setup on my 11 fltruse.

I have 1157 front turns and 1156 rear as stock.

I went with there kit with bullet style ringz (white ring then amber turn) (1157) and rear red (1156) turn signals.  Also picked up the slimline signal stabilizer and triple play module.  All was 299.00 out the door.   Great Deal.

They told me you must use the same number as the stock. (single vs dual)

So, I was in a rush and installed the fronts and pushed it in 180 degrees the wrong way and "click" the led locked in the socket but wasn't in properly.  Two hours of attempting to get it back out with no luck.  Had to pull the bash in two pieces ruining the unit.

So, pissed off I installed the rear led's only.  When you install only on set on the touring (and many other) the first time you use the signal they flash fast for a couple of cycles and then are normal as a previous poster stated.  There is no need to buy a stabilizer is you are just doing one set.

Called Custom Dynamics and explained what had happened (spoke to Dave) and he stated it wasn't the first time that has happened and they seem to lock in place.  He stated I can send it back and they would replace and repair the base to make it as good as new and ship it back to me for free!!!!  (what great customer service and a great company!!!!)  even though I still offered to pay as it was my own fault, but they refused and did it for free!!!

With all four LED's installed you will need the signal stabilizer. 

I also picked up the triple play (thus why I went with rear RED LED's instead of the stock Amber's) which turns the rear turn signals into running/brake/turn.  Also it can control the turns and/or brake to do all different patterns during the brake process to get the car's attention.

Also a great match with the Daymakers.

Bottom Line Great Products, Great Staff (Dave and Lynn), and Great Company.

I'll get some pics up this weekend.

Neil

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Custom Dynamics LED's turn signals and modules experience
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 08:59:28 AM »

I ran the Triple Play & line conditioner with their 1157/1156 front & rear signals for 2 years on my Limited without issue.  Had them on the CVO for a bit and they didn't play well with the bike's electronics.  CD has redesigned the line conditioner (added a battery lead) since I purchased mine in 2010, that may have been the issue.

I miss having the LED turns and flashing brake lights, so at some point I may revisit the TP/conditioner.
The best you've had is the best you know.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Custom Dynamics LED's turn signals and modules experience
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 11:08:29 AM »

Updating this as they gave me miss information you need the balancers unless you have the cam bus.

I ended up hsving to buy the balances for the 11 SESG and the 13 SERG
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 10:56:42 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 22 queries.