Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: cigarette lighter  (Read 11175 times)

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
Re: cigarette lighter
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2014, 08:23:45 AM »

my dealer told me if I drilled the fairing it would void the warnenty
I think that could only happen if you wired it to something else and the lighter caused the something else to fail, but there's a hot lead behind there and the instructions clearly say tie into it. It's pretty tight and about the only place it would fit is upper right side on left panel side of radio.  or replace the power port on the right with lighter.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2014, 08:45:38 AM »

my dealer told me if I drilled the fairing it would void the warnenty

Void what warranty?  If you drill a hole in the fairing and damage the fairing or paint, then yes he would be correct, the warranty wouldn't pay to fix any damage you caused.  That's always been the case with any kind of warranty.  The rest of your warranty won't be negatively affected.  In other words, BFD!  Even if you did screw up the inner, it's not a huge expense to buy another one.  It's your bike, do what you want and don't let stupid dealership employees mess with your head.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

BoydHardin

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2014, 12:33:25 PM »

To be socially acceptable and not offend anyone, it is no longer referred to as e cigarettes lighter but as an auxiliary power outlet.   :drink:[/color]

Yes we know call it auxiliary power outlet..A trick to make the cigarette lighters socially acceptable..
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 03:13:51 AM by BoydHardin »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.