Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: officer down  (Read 2333 times)

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
officer down
« on: December 05, 2006, 07:22:39 PM »

This is way off topic for the board....  but i don't think anyone will mind.....  a sad day here.

Update-CSPD Officer Killed in the Line of Duty
By For News Release questions, please contact our PIO

On Monday December 4, 2006 at approximately 11:14 p.m. an officer with the Sand Creek Division conducted a traffic stop of a driver suspected of driving under the influence of alcohol in the 4400 block of East Fountain Boulevard. Two additional officers with the Sand Creek Division arrived shortly thereafter to assist the original officer with the traffic stop.

Sand Creek DUI Officer Kenneth Jordan, who responded to assist with the traffic stop, contacted the driver of the vehicle in an attempt to evaluate him for the suspected driving under the influence of alcohol. Upon contact, the driver, identified as 25 year old Marco Lee, produced a handgun and shot Officer Jordan several times as Officer Jordan was standing beside the driver side door. The other two officers returned fire striking the suspect and were able to take the suspect into custody. Officer Jordan was transported to Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced deceased at approximately 12:18 a.m. Marco Lee was also transported to Memorial Hospital where he was treated for gunshot wounds that are not considered life threatening.

On December 5, 2006, the El Paso County Coroner

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

Re: officer down
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 07:24:45 PM »

photo

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 07:37:16 PM »

Scot, we are feeling the same pain in Seattle.  Our deputy was shot by a felon on parole.  

Our third officer death by a felon this past four months.  The other two were auto accidents that each killed an officer with the paroled felons driving the other vehicles.  Both ran red lights and crashed into the officers vehicles.

Slain deputy had become White Center's "Superman"

By Nick Perry
Seattle Times staff reporter

Giving up a successful career in law is an unusual route to becoming a beat cop.

But King County Sheriff's Deputy Steve Cox was an unusually idealistic man, say those who knew him. Frustrated with criminals beating the legal system, he left his job as a deputy prosecutor to patrol the streets in White Center, the high-crime neighborhood near where he grew up.

To business owners and residents, he became a "Superman" who was single-handedly making the streets safer and the neighborhood better. He became so deeply involved in community issues that he was elected president of the local council. To his family, he was a man who had found new joy since he and his wife, Maria, adopted a baby, Bronson, who turned 1 in October.

Now the neighborhood is mourning after Cox, 46, was shot and killed early Saturday.

At 1:42 a.m., Cox was called to a White Center house party following reports of gunshots. He was the lone deputy interviewing partygoers one-by-one in a bedroom when a man drew a gun. Cox was shot once in the head. Hearing shots, two other deputies ran toward the room and a firefight ensued. The shooter, identified by law-enforcement sources as Raymond O. Porter, 23, was killed.

Cox later died at Harborview Medical Center.

"He was just a helluva guy ... He was so well respected over there in the White Center community it's just hard to believe," said his father, Ron Cox. "I'm so angry with the guy who killed him. It was so unnecessary."

Tearful friends and colleagues brought bouquets of flowers and notes to a makeshift memorial at the White Center Sheriff & Community Service Center in the hours after his death. King County deputies plan to hold a round-the-clock vigil there until Cox's funeral.

Cox grew up in the Shorewood neighborhood southwest of White Center. His parents were both teachers at nearby schools. Tall and athletic, Cox played basketball at Evergreen High School. He graduated with a bachelor's degree from Central Washington University, then with a law degree from Willamette University in Salem, Ore.

By the mid-1990s, Cox was working as a deputy prosecutor on high-profile murder and gang cases in Pasco. Although always intense and serious, Cox also had a soft side, which came out in the way he cared for the small dogs he raised, said Franklin County Prosecutor Steve Lowe.

Lowe said Cox sat down with him several times to talk about his misgivings about the legal system.

"It's not a perfect system, and sometimes we lose cases because of technicalities. That really, really bothered him," Lowe said. "He made it clear that his goal in life was to go back and be a patrol officer. He was frustrated with what is frankly an imperfect system, and he wanted to always help people and make the community safer. He felt he could do that better back in law enforcement."

After a brief stint working as a prosecutor back in King County, Cox joined the Sheriff's Office nine years ago. Soon after, he married Maria, a bodybuilder, whom he met in a gym. Cox was a fitness buff himself and worked out regularly.

Just over three years ago he was assigned to White Center

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 07:39:04 PM »

Scot, when you have it handy please post a phone number for the credit union mentioned.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 08:10:35 PM »

Sorry to see the loss of those officers. :'(

Prayers will be said for them and their families.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 08:15:05 PM »

Sad news indeed. Prayers for the officers and families.

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 08:33:41 PM »

Poor guy hes so young man!!!!!
My condolecences to the family.
Ridin Legend

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 09:54:07 PM »

Scot, when you have it handy please post a phone number for the credit union mentioned.

Colorado Springs Credit Union: Downtown - 0.5 miles SW - 426 S Cascade Ave, Colorado Springs, 80903 - (719) 482-7600

CVOMOE!!

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • BC

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 10:24:20 PM »

Condolences and prayers go out to their families.  What a waste of a fine young men just doing their jobs.

Moe
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Banana - Sold
Freedom Tru-duals
Power Commander
Dyno tuned
Now a 107" with Cycle Shack exhaust and Race Tuner
2007 BMW1200GS - What a hoot - Sold May 2010
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 - Sold
2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere - Sold
2014 Yamaha XT250 - Sold
2014 BMW F800GS - Sold
2014 Kawasaki KLX 351
2017 Triumph Explorer 1200
2017 Harley Ultra Classic Ltd

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 10:31:36 PM »

I had tears in my eyes today when I heard this and continue to be deeply saddened by this senseless murder of one of our police officers here in the Springs. We have a fine, dedicated force protecting us 24 x 7 and the loss is felt by the entire community. My rage at this act is only overshadowed by my sense of loss. My heartfelt sympathies go out to his family and fellow officers.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Thanks Scott for giving us a little inside glimpse of this fine officer.

HarleyBee103

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTK
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 10:39:05 PM »

Damn shame, and so young.
Nelson, BC (2007)
Sedona, AR (2008)
Hood River, OR (2009)

pumkinownerswife

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 06:24:34 AM »

I am so sorry to hear this . It just makes me so sick :-[ mad
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 06:26:04 AM by pumkinownerswife »

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 07:42:54 AM »

I had tears in my eyes today when I heard this and continue to be deeply saddened by this senseless murder of one of our police officers here in the Springs. We have a fine, dedicated force protecting us 24 x 7 and the loss is felt by the entire community. My rage at this act is only overshadowed by my sense of loss. My heartfelt sympathies go out to his family and fellow officers.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 07:44:24 AM »

my god...  im sorry to hear that.....

RedFXR2

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 09:04:08 AM »

Anger....sadness....frustration.

Officer Jordan "had been a DUI Enforcement officer since February of 2004.... As a result of Officer Jordan
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.