Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: officer down  (Read 2332 times)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
Re: officer down
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 09:31:50 AM »

Sadly, another occurrence here.

A full military funeral at the University of Mississippi

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 09:55:05 AM »

These are always tragedies but in this case, I knew of both these boys. I am a reserve deputy with Desoto County Sheriffs and knew of Robert, a damn good kid that everyone liked. The other Daniel lived just down the street from us and is one year older than my son. He was a good kid also, star athlete in local high school and was never in any real trouble; good grades, likable and popular with both students and teachers. In fact football coach said to my son that Dan was the absolute last kid he would have ever thought would be in any type of this situation, damn good kid and lead every team prayer. He was very active in Young Life all through high school.
He got to college, got in a fraternity and was introduced to the "party school" for which Ole Miss has become known for. After being pulled over, he would not turn off the ignition, Robert reached in to grab the keys and Daniel floored the car. Robert fell back and hit his head on the pavement. That was it, just a simple fall and with his head unprotected, severe head injury and died. (Those of you that do not wear helmets, please make note of this). One damn second of massive stupidity and life is over for them.
Anyway, one boys dead and the other's life ruined, not to mention both families and all their friends. It is so damn sad.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 10:10:19 AM »

MJZ, unbelievably sad.

I don't know what else to say.  A total waste of two lives brought about by a split second decision of both young men.

The second decision to drive off was fatal.  Hopefully it does not go unpunished or fall through some legal loophole.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 10:16:08 AM »

MJZ, unbelievably sad.

I don't know what else to say.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2006, 10:33:20 AM »

These are always tragedies but in this case, I knew of both these boys. I am a reserve deputy with Desoto County Sheriffs and knew of Robert, a damn good kid that everyone liked. The other Daniel lived just down the street from us and is one year older than my son. He was a good kid also, star athlete in local high school and was never in any real trouble; good grades, likable and popular with both students and teachers. In fact football coach said to my son that Dan was the absolute last kid he would have ever thought would be in any type of this situation, damn good kid and lead every team prayer. He was very active in Young Life all through high school.
He got to college, got in a fraternity and was introduced to the "party school" for which Ole Miss has become known for. After being pulled over, he would not turn off the ignition, Robert reached in to grab the keys and Daniel floored the car. Robert fell back and hit his head on the pavement. That was it, just a simple fall and with his head unprotected, severe head injury and died. (Those of you that do not wear helmets, please make note of this). One damn second of massive stupidity and life is over for them.
Anyway, one boys dead and the other's life ruined, not to mention both families and all their friends. It is so damn sad.
Damn!  it is a reminder about what a dangerous world we live in....

Stay Safe my brother

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2006, 10:33:42 AM »

Can't imagine that. For the bail hearing, there were over 100 uniformed officers and deputies from all over a 3 state area that showed up at the courthouse. The judge got the message loud and clear, bail was denied but his [highlight]family does have the best lawyer [/highlight]in the state and you never know what might happen.

I hear you, he certainly deserves council, I just don't think our legal system delivers justice at times as our founding fathers envisioned it.

As an update on the officer shooting I posted above, an autopsy showed that the shooter while wounded by the other officers on site, took his own life with a shot to the head.  He did us all a favor with that!

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2006, 11:27:23 PM »

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2006, 01:06:53 PM »

Condolences for all of the fallen officers.  We have to stop protecting the criminals and change some laws in this country to protect the people and the police.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2006, 03:02:40 PM »

Condolences for all of the fallen officers.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.