Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Fox Creek Set  (Read 4156 times)

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
Fox Creek Set
« on: December 18, 2006, 02:52:53 PM »

Santa came early (profit sharing was good) , so I replaced my leathers with a full set from Fox Creek.  These folks are by far the best I've ever dealt with.

Despite the Holiday season , they were able to get the order delivered in 2 days with free shipping , and because I ordered a full set , they gave me a $75 discount!

Quality is top notch , and other than the belt sizing, everything was spot on.
The belts are apparently measured on total length so order up from your true waist size. Luckily my 18 yr old son liked the belt and it was a perfect fit for him , so that worked out great too.

I got the braided racing jacket, matching chaps, which thanks to there enormous size range fit like they were custom made,and a buffalo nickel braided vest which has huge interior pockets including one for a cell phone.  Also some short deerskin riding gloves which are super.

I'd strongly recommend these folks to anyone
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 02:55:34 PM by nidan »
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

bigdog257

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Fox Creek Set
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 09:00:40 PM »

Great looking gear. Congrats on the early Christmas gifts

Bigdog

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 09:12:51 PM »

Lucky you! I've heard nothing but good things about Fox Creek leathers. Now get out & break 'em in! (Gently of course)  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 10:15:39 PM »

Congratulations!!  You just got the best leather you'll ever own, bar none...I've got a different model jacket, but the same chaps and vest...you're going to love them!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 10:46:06 PM »

Nice looking gear!  [smiley=carrot.gif] Thanks for helping add one more to the wish list!!!  [smiley=orange.gif]

harleydiva

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 07:00:23 PM »

Santa came early (profit sharing was good) , so I replaced my leathers with a full set from Fox Creek.  These folks are by far the best I've ever dealt with.

Despite the Holiday season , they were able to get the order delivered in 2 days with free shipping , and because I ordered a full set , they gave me a $75 discount!

Quality is top notch , and other than the belt sizing, everything was spot on.
The belts are apparently measured on total length so order up from your true waist size. Luckily my 18 yr old son liked the belt and it was a perfect fit for him , so that worked out great too.

I got the braided racing jacket, matching chaps, which thanks to there enormous size range fit like they were custom made,and a buffalo nickel braided vest which has huge interior pockets including one for a cell phone.  Also some short deerskin riding gloves which are super.

I'd strongly recommend these folks to anyone

Congratulations!   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   You'll love your Fox Creek leather.  Terry and I have the jackets, chaps, gloves, and he has a vest.  The folks at Fox Creek are wonderful to deal with.

Enjoy!

Suzanne

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 09:39:43 PM »

Santa came early (profit sharing was good)

Thank GOD for Profit Sharing, When it is "good"...Enjoy the gift.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 10:04:10 PM »

Thank GOD for Profit Sharing, When it is "good"...Enjoy the gift.
I'm just damn glad it doesn't work both ways - my share of my companies $7B loss last quarter would be a real bitch!

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Rickybobby

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 11:09:15 AM »

Wish i had the same experience with my order from Fox Creek.  Took about 6-8 weeks for my Chaps to finally come in to Fox Creek (had been prewarned about at least part of the delay) but to add insult to injury, rather than get them out to me quickly after the long delayed wait, for some reason they were placed on the slow delivery train.

I wont see them until the 28th (order was to be sent out on the 20th).  

When inquiring about why they were shipped so slow, I was told  ---yes they sure should have been shipped faster but nothing we can do now.

Am hoping the quality and fit are worth the wait. If so, i will be one happy camper.  

Only reason for posting is if you are impatient on waiting for things, you might need to ask these folks to expedite shipping - although my experience may be entirely a one off situation. By the way, everyone I spoke to at FC when placing the order and the several followup calls were very courteous and responsive.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 11:30:54 AM »

Wish i had the same experience with my order from Fox Creek.  Took about 6-8 weeks for my Chaps to finally come in to Fox Creek (had been prewarned about at least part of the delay) but to add insult to injury, rather than get them out to me quickly after the long delayed wait, for some reason they were placed on the slow delivery train.

I wont see them until the 28th (order was to be sent out on the 20th).  

When inquiring about why they were shipped so slow, I was told  ---yes they sure should have been shipped faster but nothing we can do now.

Am hoping the quality and fit are worth the wait. If so, i will be one happy camper.  

Only reason for posting is if you are impatient on waiting for things, you might need to ask these folks to expedite shipping - although my experience may be entirely a one off situation. By the way, everyone I spoke to at FC when placing the order and the several followup calls were very courteous and responsive.

Ricky...I do think your experience is unusual...I've ordered things from Fox Creek on several different occasions and never had a problem with delivery, except when it was a situation out of their control.  My chaps had to be made, and it did take 4 or more weeks to get them, but I was told that up front...when they came to Fox Creek, they had put a brass buckle on them instead of the Antique Brass...Chippy called me and said they could get it fixed or give me an additional discount....I took the discount.  Sounds like with the Xmas rush, they made an honest mistake in the shipping.  You will be impressed with the quality of their products, so I hope you will be happy with the end result of your wait.  They will fit snug at first, as they make them to exactly fit to the measurements you provided...the leather is so thick...put 'em on and do some deep knee bends to help get them fitted to your legs.  Between me and Suzanne, we have two jackets, a vest, two pair of chaps, four pairs of gloves, and two of the neck/face warmers.  

TTS Mastertune

Rickybobby

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 11:41:04 AM »

TCn
Thanks for the comments.  My guess is that you are correct and that my wait will be well worthwhile. Really looking forward to having a quality pair of chaps for the protection and for the cold mornings.   The old jeans just dont cut the wind for me like they used to :)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 02:01:06 PM »

Pinkie and I were at the Great American Motorcycle Show in Norcross, GA (Atlanta) this weekend, and saw the Fox Creek leather booth. I saw them there the last time I went to the show, but my $60 Pakistani jacket was just fine then. Well, now that all of the shiny steel snaps have rusted, and its good and stiff, I figured I'd take a look at their stuff again.

It was love at first feel. Man, that leather feels just like buttah. So soft, and so supple. Pinkie was sporting her new HD pink leather jacket she got for Christmas, so we had a "quality" HD jacket to compare to the Fox Creek product.

Hands down, no comparison. The Fox Creek leather is a lot softer than the leather that is in her jacket.

The girl that was helping us was really helpful in spending our money. We were lucky tho, we got away only buying one jacket, 2 pairs of chaps and some new gloves.

I got the new updated racing jacket. The liner now runs all the way down the sleeves, making it feel like a parka. I plan on ordering the older style liner that doesn't go all the way down the sleeves for the not so cold days.

I should have the new jacket in a couple of days as they did not have my size in the updated jacket at the show, just last year's model. I'm not in any hurry, and for the same money, wanted to go with the long-liner version.

When we got home, we compared the new chaps to our existing, rusty-snap, rain-soaked-many-times, made in Pakistan chaps. Don't get me wrong, they have done well over the last 6 years. Once again, the comparison was not even close. Our old chaps felt like wimpy cardboard comapred to the new ones. I'm sure all the times they've gotten wet has something to do with how stiff they are.

All I can say is two thumbs  :2vrolijk_21: up for Fox Creek Leather products. Made in the USA, and guaranteed for life. And the feel..... it's like buttah.

Chief

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 10:38:15 AM »

Just wanted to add my .02 cents...

Late last riding season I ordered The Lil woman and I new Jackets and the pants for me, as well as gloves. She loves her jacket, it was cheaper than all of her 4 or 5 HD jackets and quality was way better, her gloves were to big though but that was my fault. My jacket was fabulous but I had just quit smoking and packed on a few pounds so it was a Lil snug - contacted them and they said try a size larger of another model they had in stock but without the full liner. They sent it to me, and the XS ladies gloves cost free and said to try it and send whichever ones back when we figured everything out. I decided to keep the original jacket, I need to lose the stop smoking weight anyhow, and the fully insulated racing jacket  with x-long sleeves and back - is a dream - warmest thing I've ever ridden in besides Carhart overalls! Thickest leather around and at the same time the softest - almost defies logic.

The Gloves - decided to try the DeerSports PCi Motorcycle Gloves based on reviews read here - unbelievable - really - unbelievable - best gloves ever! I am in Northern Michigan and rode through the second week of January when we got socked with snow. New Years day rode in the 20's - for an hour at least and my hands were comfy - plus I can actually undo and do my helmet with them on - you have never had a more comfortable, useable, and yet warm glove - ever! Had to send hers back though as they don't seem to make them real small - she got the regular womens gauntlets and loves them also but they are no PCi's.

Granted these things are pricey - but a good pair of winter gloves would cost half that, but wouldn't be half as good. IMHO

Just wanted to mention these details as I get ready to order new chaps from them knowing how nice they will be. BTW- I love the full pants I ordered from them, I wear just underarmor with them and they are like jeans - fit great, but very warm if your gonna stop. I could wear them with jeans and they do come off like chaps, however with jeans theres a Lil too much bunching of materials in the front to make it comfortable in a riding position for extended periods of time.
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 11:05:01 AM »

I bought the Fox Creek chaps after looking at moco and other chaps. None came close to comparing to their quality and the price is fair in light of others. Chaps are much thicker than most yet very soft, flexible and comfortable.  Service always means so much especially with mail orders and theirs is great. Since purchasing the chaps I have bought a vest and it was first class workmanship. Have also purchased the gloves which I believe were deer and elk and they are unbelievably soft and comfortable.  A friend of mine recently purchased chaps and jacket and when one of them had to be resized he received excellent service even though the error that caused the problem was probably his. No one should hesitate to buy from these people.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 04:43:33 PM »

Just wanted to add my .02 cents...

The Gloves - decided to try the DeerSports PCi Motorcycle Gloves based on reviews read here - unbelievable - really - unbelievable - best gloves ever! I am in Northern Michigan and rode through the second week of January when we got socked with snow. New Years day rode in the 20's - for an hour at least and my hands were comfy - plus I can actually undo and do my helmet with them on - you have never had a more comfortable, useable, and yet warm glove - ever! Had to send hers back though as they don't seem to make them real small - she got the regular womens gauntlets and loves them also but they are no PCi's.

Granted these things are pricey - but a good pair of winter gloves would cost half that, but wouldn't be half as good. IMHO

Just wanted to mention these details as I get ready to order new chaps from them knowing how nice they will be. BTW- I love the full pants I ordered from them, I wear just underarmor with them and they are like jeans - fit great, but very warm if your gonna stop. I could wear them with jeans and they do come off like chaps, however with jeans theres a Lil too much bunching of materials in the front to make it comfortable in a riding position for extended periods of time.

Ceej...same gloves I have, and they are excellent!! Hard to believe something that will provide good feel will also keep you warm.  I also have their DeerTours for warm weather and they are also great gloves. Never leave home without them on my hands.  There's something about the deerskin that is just not like anything else. Yes, those gloves cost more, but I am willing to bet they'll be with us 10+ years from now, when we'd have gone through two or three pairs of lesser ones.  It's hard to make people understand the difference in Fox Creek leather...I don't know where they get their materials, but I've not seen or felt any other like it, no matter the price.

TTS Mastertune

FLHRSE3

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 06:33:35 PM »

Ceej...same gloves I have, and they are excellent!! Hard to believe something that will provide good feel will also keep you warm.  I also have their DeerTours for warm weather and they are also great gloves. Never leave home without them on my hands.  There's something about the deerskin that is just not like anything else. Yes, those gloves cost more, but I am willing to bet they'll be with us 10+ years from now, when we'd have gone through two or three pairs of lesser ones.  It's hard to make people understand the difference in Fox Creek leather...I don't know where they get their materials, but I've not seen or felt any other like it, no matter the price.

Are these usable in summer months, I had thought about getting them but thought that they would be just to warm for summer riding.

Thanks

Gregg

Ceej

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 11:15:43 PM »

I haven't had them in the summer to say for sure but I can't see them being too warm, they are not heavy at all or bulky. Granted they are Gauntlet gloves so not for all the time riding, but should it get cool, or wet, or night riding, I'd say they'd probably be fine. I will be looking into a set of deer skin non gauntlet for my summer rides - probably need to order that along with the chaps here shortly. ;D
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 12:58:44 AM »

Are these usable in summer months, I had thought about getting them but thought that they would be just to warm for summer riding.

Thanks

Gregg

FLH...The Deertours I'm speaking of are the 70 bucks or so gloves, without gauntlets or any kind of insulation.  I wore mine from April through September and my hands never got hot.  When they sweated, the deerskin soaks it up and evaporates the moisture...gloves never get stiff, even after drying from rain.  Only deerskin will do that.  Highly recommended.

TTS Mastertune

Ceej

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 10:42:06 AM »

Thanks for that info TC - I will add them to my order - Yeah Deerskin is amazing!
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2007, 11:53:36 AM »

Thanks for that info TC - I will add them to my order - Yeah Deerskin is amazing!

Don't forget to ask Chippy for your CVO discount!!!!

TTS Mastertune

FLHRSE3

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2007, 02:59:47 PM »

Thanks for the info TC; those are the ones I was considering, which leads to another question: go with black and keep up the status quo biker image and tolerate ink stained hands following a ride in the rain or go with the tan that give the appearance that you ride your $30+K bike wearing $2 work gloves?  I did not mention the CVO discount recently when I ordered a jacket but when I inquired about it on an order a few months back no one there had ever heard of it.

Gregg

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2007, 03:52:46 PM »

Thanks for the info TC; those are the ones I was considering, which leads to another question: go with black and keep up the status quo biker image and tolerate ink stained hands following a ride in the rain or go with the tan that give the appearance that you ride your $30+K bike wearing $2 work gloves?  I did not mention the CVO discount recently when I ordered a jacket but when I inquired about it on an order a few months back no one there had ever heard of it.

Gregg

FLH...I can't recall ever getting my hands stained by the DeerTours...must be their dyeing process.  I think I arranged the discount a few months ago, but can't remember when it was.  Check the Vendor Discounts thread...I think there's a post by me in there...

TTS Mastertune

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 10:00:47 AM »

They gave me a 10% discount on the set
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 21 queries.