Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: New in New Hampshire  (Read 4654 times)

bc

• Full CVO Member
New in New Hampshire
« on: May 10, 2007, 07:50:51 PM »

Just saying hello and thanks - been reading a LOT on 110 issues and upgrades.  This board's been great in pointing me to various sites for a fast education on EFI, as well as offering lots of individual, unique perspective!

I'm picking up my blue '07 SE Springer next week, trading in my '01 Deuce.  Good deal - MSRP, no freight or setup, and the 1,000 mile will be $125.  Good trade too - hard to beat that combo.  I plan on breaking it in stock and maybe running it to 1500 or so, then going with a pretty straightforward upgrade scenario: pipes, SERT, and K&N filter upgrade.  I'm leaning toward LSR 2-1's or D&D Fatcats, all mostly for heat management and longevity. 

I've been looking for a good SERT tuner in New England (dealer doesn't have a dyno).  Lots of PC guys around, including one local that sells the PC/dyno run as a package for $500, but I'd prefer the SERT.

I almost bought an SE Dyna.  Had second thoughts on vibration, though, killed the deal and decided to go with the Softail.

Thanks again - lots of knowledgeable people here.

BC
'07 FXSTSSE

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: New in New Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 08:06:35 PM »

bc,
Welcome to the site glad to have you join us. :2vrolijk_21: Don't forget when you get your bike to post some pictures of it here.

:worthless: :worthless:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 08:09:09 PM »

Welcome to the show  :2vrolijk_21:

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 08:09:44 PM »

bc :welcome_005: to CVO Harley.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 08:26:47 PM »

Welcome to the site hope you enjoy it here.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 08:44:37 PM »

Welcome :2vrolijk_21:

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 08:51:03 PM »

welcome aboard, where in NH?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 09:01:17 PM »

BC,
Welcome to the show !

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 01:04:23 AM »

Just saying hello and thanks - been reading a LOT on 110 issues and upgrades.  This board's been great in pointing me to various sites for a fast education on EFI, as well as offering lots of individual, unique perspective!

I'm picking up my blue '07 SE Springer next week, trading in my '01 Deuce.  Good deal - MSRP, no freight or setup, and the 1,000 mile will be $125.  Good trade too - hard to beat that combo.  I plan on breaking it in stock and maybe running it to 1500 or so, then going with a pretty straightforward upgrade scenario: pipes, SERT, and K&N filter upgrade.  I'm leaning toward LSR 2-1's or D&D Fatcats, all mostly for heat management and longevity. 

I've been looking for a good SERT tuner in New England (dealer doesn't have a dyno).  Lots of PC guys around, including one local that sells the PC/dyno run as a package for $500, but I'd prefer the SERT.

I almost bought an SE Dyna.  Had second thoughts on vibration, though, killed the deal and decided to go with the Softail.

BC

Welcome aboard bc. Good luck with your new ride. I'm confused though. You like more vibration so you bought a Springer? Or are you saying that the solid-mounted Springer vibrates less than a rubber-mounted Dyna? I assume you like more vibration. I've never heard of any Softail, even with a B motor, with less vibration than a rubber-mount. :confused5: Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 01:22:44 AM »

BC,
Nice choice in bikes :2vrolijk_21:  I pick mine up after a 1 June build date.  Welcome to the site :vrolijk17: I am still :rolleyes4:with all of the information that these guys present :znotworthy:.  But am slowly making up my mind on "stuff" :wall:

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

bisounours

• SMF Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 03:34:43 AM »

Good morning BC !

I send you ther  :welcome_005: from FRANCE.

Best regards

:vrolijk_26: Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 08:28:15 AM »

BC,
Welcome from VA.  Enjoy the site.
TC

bc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 08:59:08 AM »

welcome aboard, where in NH?

Southern NH - Hollis (Nashua area).

bc
'07 FXSTSSE

bc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 09:12:15 AM »

Welcome aboard bc. Good luck with your new ride. I'm confused though. You like more vibration so you bought a Springer? Or are you saying that the solid-mounted Springer vibrates less than a rubber-mounted Dyna? I assume you like more vibration. I've never heard of any Softail, even with a B motor, with less vibration than a rubber-mount. :confused5: Hoist! 8)

Having ridden a Softail for the last 6 years and demoed any number of Dynas, I think the Dynas have a lot more vibration than the B engines, at least until you get beyond 75 or so.  The vibration is notchier, too, heavy in certain RPM ranges.  It must be the Dyna frame.  The baggers don't seem to have the same level of vibration.

It was a combination of factors, though.  I really, really like the SE Dyna's styling, but thought the rear would have a more compliant ride (vs. the Softail) - but it didn't.  The one thing I never liked about my Deuce was that it had too much front-end dive.  The Springer is a little better in that regard.  (I have to admit the forks on the SE Dyna are pretty nice, though.)  Last, the Springer fit me better out of the crate (5'10").  A reach seat would fix most of that, but still leave a bit 'o stretch in the upper shoulders that I'd rather not have. 

bc
'07 FXSTSSE

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 09:16:01 AM »

Welcome bc,

We're glad you joined us.

Ride Safe,
Ghost

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 09:20:06 AM »

Congrats on getting your new CVO bike and a Great Big CVO Welcome to you to this site.  :cherry:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 12:40:04 PM »

Welcome bc.  Enjoy the site!
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2007, 10:02:43 PM »

Welcome brother, glad you joined us.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 10:10:13 PM »

Having ridden a Softail for the last 6 years and demoed any number of Dynas, I think the Dynas have a lot more vibration than the B engines, at least until you get beyond 75 or so.  The vibration is notchier, too, heavy in certain RPM ranges.  It must be the Dyna frame.  The baggers don't seem to have the same level of vibration.

It was a combination of factors, though.  I really, really like the SE Dyna's styling, but thought the rear would have a more compliant ride (vs. the Softail) - but it didn't.  The one thing I never liked about my Deuce was that it had too much front-end dive.  The Springer is a little better in that regard.  (I have to admit the forks on the SE Dyna are pretty nice, though.)  Last, the Springer fit me better out of the crate (5'10").  A reach seat would fix most of that, but still leave a bit 'o stretch in the upper shoulders that I'd rather not have. 

bc

Thanks for your answer bc. It's funny how people perceive the feel of different bikes. I guess it's what you're used to. I went to a HD Open House and test rode a Softail with B motor. I felt my '85 solid-mount 4-speed Evo Wide Glide had less vibration than that new Softail! As long as you're happy with. That's all that matters. It got me curious is all. Good luck with it and have fun bc! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 09:14:41 AM »

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site.  :2vrolijk_21:
WOODY

Tros

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2007, 10:49:16 PM »

bc

I couldn't agree more and welcome from Indiana!  Good to see another Springer rider join.  Sounds like you did well on the trade.  :2vrolijk_21: 

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 05:48:11 AM »

bc welcome aboard  :2vrolijk_21:

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 08:49:46 PM »

Welcome to the site...I hope to be riding to your area in July.

REGGAB

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2007, 02:11:22 AM »

BC

Hello and welcome to CVO Harley!!
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 21 queries.