Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: My Dream Harley - but never dreamed I'd own one........  (Read 8650 times)

Gatornapper

• Junior CVO Member
Re: My Dream Harley - but never dreamed I'd own one........
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 12:04:38 PM »

Gosh, guys!   What a great bunch! 

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE WELCOMES!!!!

Now all I gotta do is figure out how to add time to a third bike forum to the two I already spend a lot of time at - V-Twin Forum (for Harley's) and the Triumph forum for classic Triumphs!

Better warn all of you that I'd always rather be out ridin' rather than writin' !!!!!  So if the weather is good, I'm likely to be out on one of my 4 bikes.....(yeah, I like variety...one for each purpose..)

On the other hand, if it's bad weather or dark out, I love posting to my fav bike forums - and I'm sure this is going to be one of them.

Now, since I'm an old carb tuning guy who'se been working on carbs since '60, I've gotta start learning EFI for Harley's...I know EFI for autos/trucks pretty well, but I also know that there
are a million opinions on how to best tune a new Harley........

So if you all can point me to the specific forum here for ECM tuning, I'd love that........

gn

'09 CVO 'Screamin' Eagle' FLTRSE3 w/Rinehart slip-ons, WindSplitter shield
'97 FXDWG, Stage II, fully tricked-out, faster than my CVO

Patriot Guard Rider/Member For origin of "gatornapper", refer to July '65 Kosciusco County, Ind. court records, Walter Cronkite, Huntley/Brinkley evening news, & Indianapolis Star paper.

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 12:20:28 PM »

Welcome to the family  :huepfenjump3:

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2011, 12:24:43 PM »

Glad you have joined us here and enjoy your new ride.  You found a 30g bike too however,  you sure you aren't rich too?  I don't think that one was necessary here.  Rich or not rich, we all have fun here,, just sayin'.   ::)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2011, 12:29:17 PM »

Now, since I'm an old carb tuning guy who'se been working on carbs since '60, I've gotta start learning EFI for Harley's...I know EFI for autos/trucks pretty well, but I also know that there
are a million opinions on how to best tune a new Harley........

So if you all can point me to the specific forum here for ECM tuning, I'd love that........

gn
Intake/Exhaust/ECM

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2011, 12:29:56 PM »

Gator, welcome aboard from Minnesota! Glad you've joined the fun. I spent the last 45 minutes going through your Triumph build and all I can say is WOW! Not only does the thread include a fantastic story about the salvation of an old classic, but also a great Lasagna recipe, some fantastic photos, and the story of a great marriage and family!

Sorry to hear about the loss of your father! He too sounded like a great man!

Your family story is a classic! Must be fun to have your sons riding with you!

You are obviously a great story teller and story lover! You've found another great spot for stories here at CVOHarley. You'll fit in just fine!

You've acquired one of the greatest CVO's ever made in the Silver/Black SERG. I lust after that bike myself. The gold standard for that bike is Larry B's Grey Ghost. Here is one of the threads on this great bike:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=34003.0;all

Also noticed you're a Wide Glide guy. The '01 WG2 CVO is my mistress. You can see her story here:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=27725.0

Not nearly as long a thread as the one on Bonnie but nearly as much passion.

Another story you might enjoy is found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82iVMONcwss

Has many of the elements of your Bonnie rebuild. Family, old bike, great wife, strong marriage, sons honoring their father. Great way to spend 10 minutes. I cry every time.

Hope you enjoy many many miles on two wheels! Doesn't matter which marque it is. Triumph, HD, whatever. As long as your face is in the wind!

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2011, 01:15:06 PM »

+AGREE with what Screamn said! Welcome to the site from Tennessee! If I was gonna buy a Road Glide it would be like yours. Great color combo. Enjoy... 
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2011, 02:00:14 PM »

Welcome to the site from Sunny Central Florida  :orange: :orange: :orange: :orange:

Southern Rider

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2010-FLHTCUSE5c

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 2010 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2011, 02:02:50 PM »

Welcome to the site from Western Kentucky

JasonDeezy

• Ride it 'til the wheels fall off...
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Orange you glad it's a CVO?...

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 O/B
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2011, 02:39:33 PM »

Hi Pal...
King Tour Pack
Roland Sands Design Diesel Wheels 18"/21"
Klock Werks 21" Slicer Fender
Klock Werks 8" FLARE Black Windshield
Hawg Wired DCS/SX System
Cary Faas Racing (CFR) Slipons
Fullsac X-Pipe B
8" Yaffe OEM Monkey Bars & Power Mirrors
TTS Mastertune
Dakota Digital Gauges MCL-3006-R
Carl Brouhard Floorboards (Front & Rear)
   Brake Arm, Brake Pedal
   Heel & Toes Shifter (w/pegs), Shift Arm & Linkage
Kuryakyn License Plate Frame (#9182)
Arlen Ness Deep Cut Grips
Wheeldock EZ-Up Centerstand

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2011, 07:59:16 PM »

Welcome to the site.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2011, 09:15:49 PM »

Welcome from Oklahoma. Gratz on the new ride.  :2vrolijk_21:

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2011, 09:29:56 PM »

welcome to a great site from e.tn. :mango: :bananarock: :orange: :2vrolijk_21:

Gatornapper

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2011, 09:48:51 PM »

Hey, BE - I cannot believe you read that much of the Bonnie thread!  You are one patient bro!

Yes, I love good stories, but only if they are true....the true ones are much better than the made-up ones.
And I do love telling them and writing....actually I've been a writer for almost 20 years......and on a keyboard it is invisible to me.....all going back to having to take
a typing course in HS in summer school, then typing all my own papers through college.  So when computers came
out, I was already "there" as to using a keyboard....I type almost as fast as I think......

Cannot believe the continued warm welcomes I'm getting here as a newbie......this is one great group for sure.
A class act.

Thanks for the links - I'll be getting to them this week sometime.

Gator, welcome aboard from Minnesota! Glad you've joined the fun. I spent the last 45 minutes going through your Triumph build and all I can say is WOW! Not only does the thread include a fantastic story about the salvation of an old classic, but also a great Lasagna recipe, some fantastic photos, and the story of a great marriage and family!

Sorry to hear about the loss of your father! He too sounded like a great man!

Your family story is a classic! Must be fun to have your sons riding with you!

You are obviously a great story teller and story lover! You've found another great spot for stories here at CVOHarley. You'll fit in just fine!

You've acquired one of the greatest CVO's ever made in the Silver/Black SERG. I lust after that bike myself. The gold standard for that bike is Larry B's Grey Ghost. Here is one of the threads on this great bike:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=34003.0;all

Also noticed you're a Wide Glide guy. The '01 WG2 CVO is my mistress. You can see her story here:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=27725.0

Not nearly as long a thread as the one on Bonnie but nearly as much passion.

Another story you might enjoy is found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82iVMONcwss

Has many of the elements of your Bonnie rebuild. Family, old bike, great wife, strong marriage, sons honoring their father. Great way to spend 10 minutes. I cry every time.

Hope you enjoy many many miles on two wheels! Doesn't matter which marque it is. Triumph, HD, whatever. As long as your face is in the wind!

Patriot Guard Rider/Member For origin of "gatornapper", refer to July '65 Kosciusco County, Ind. court records, Walter Cronkite, Huntley/Brinkley evening news, & Indianapolis Star paper.

Gatornapper

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2011, 10:10:47 PM »

Thanks to all for the continued warm welcomes, great to be around all of you.

Can't believe what LarryB did to his Grey Ghost too....almost exactly what I have planned, only my detachable Tour Pak will be painted by my nephew's best friend, an amazing car/bike/truck painter in Naples, FL who did my brothers '05 Road King and my Bonneville.   If anyone needs an unbelievable painter in SW Florida, let me know and I'll give you Chico's number.

Here's what he did on my '72 Bonneville:

As "Tiger Gold" was one of the ugliest gold's ever devised by man (I coined it, "squashed caterpillar guts yellow"), I picked my own, and many have told me this is what "Tiger Gold" should
have looked like........

I think I'll get Chico to match the pattern on the saddlebags when he does my Tour Pak, even tho some of it will be lost in the lights.....have same plans for the front lowers as well.  As my wife loves to ride with me, and I love having her behind me, I'll be doing the Ultra-type set-up so she can get some sleep back there....  ;)

Had a great 260 mile ride today from west of Richmond, VA to north of Harrisonburg (to look at a new tractor)[when I'm out on the tractor, and Momma gets a call for me, she tells them, "Richard is out undergoing "tractor therapy", and I'm not sure when he'll be back in...."].

We took the twisties up & over the mountains but took the Interstate all the way home so I wouldn't be too late as chief grill-master for the Memorial Day family cook-out (Momma says, "You ALWAYS do this! [come back late from a ride that takes longer than planned]).   Our family of 8 kids, grandma and wife's sister are here for most every Sunday night for a family party......

Was very pleased with 46.38 mpg and when the "remaining" screen said "6 miles", I still had over 1/2 gallon in the tank.

Need to do a plug chop and see if I'm lean, rich, or just right after taking off the stock mufflers and putting on Rinehart slip-on's.........

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2011, 10:20:58 PM »

And I do love telling them and writing....actually I've been a writer for almost 20 years......and on a keyboard it is invisible to me.....all going back to having to take a typing course in HS in summer school, then typing all my own papers through college.  So when computers came out, I was already "there" as to using a keyboard....I type almost as fast as I think......

Gator, we must be near the same age. A summer school typing course was the most valuable class I took in high school as well. It's served me well my whole life. Was the sports editor for my college newspaper for 3 years so I've written lots of stories and went through several typewriters. Computers didn't come into play until I was out of college and into the work force.

Had a 350 Kawasaki triple as my first bike in college and have wanted to do a restoration like your Bonnie on one for the past several years. Love the big iron but that little rice burner still holds a spot in my heart!

Enjoy your new and old rides my friend!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 24 queries.