Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Schwarzenegger  (Read 4143 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Schwarzenegger
« on: January 09, 2006, 12:34:32 AM »

Just read this on the AP.  The governator rides a Harley and actually still rides.  

LOS ANGELES - Gov.     Arnold Schwarzenegger received 15 stitches in his lip Sunday after he and his 12-year-old son were involved in a motorcycle accident near their Los Angeles home, his spokeswoman said.

Schwarzenegger was riding a Harley Davidson motorcycle with his son Patrick in the sidecar when another driver backed into the street, spokeswoman Margita Thompson said in a statement.

"The governor was unable to avoid the vehicle in his path and collided with it at a low speed," she said.

Both Schwarzenegger and his son were treated for cuts and bruises at St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica and released, Thompson said. Both were wearing helmets at the time, she said.

RedFXR2

Re: Schwarzenegger
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 09:12:02 AM »

Here's the story:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060109/ap_on_re_us/schwarzenegger_accident

Excerpt:  "The other driver was not injured. No citations were issued in the accident in the city's Brentwood section, said Officer Jason Lee, a police spokesman."

Seems to me that if someone backs out of their driveway into oncoming traffic, resulting in a crash, that person should get a ticket.

And I'd also add (from my MSF instructor) that there's really no such thing as an unavoidable crash.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Governor Schwartzeneger takes one for the team....
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 10:05:45 AM »

The Govenator was riding his Harley w/sidecar down a street near his home in Brentwood, Ca. last night.  His 12 year old son was in the sidecar.  A lady was backing out of the driveway and backed right in front of him.

He hit her SUV and took fifteen stitches on the lip.  His second motorcycle accident......a bunch of broken ribs the last time......I think it was in 1998.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 10:09:53 AM »

I  didn't see this down here.  I just posted the same thing up in "In The News" forum.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 10:23:23 AM »

I moved it to in the news....

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 02:03:46 PM »

Ahhh-Nald will be back!

It was a Volvo SUV, now how Brentwood is that really?  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  Same thing happened to a riding buddy of mine, lady in station wagon backed out of her driveway right into him, 7 houses down from where he lives. He ended up having his spleen removed and major damage to his RK. He's OK and riding again, but got a new scooter out of the deal. Not worth it IMHO.  

Wonder if Gubber-nator has taken the MSF courses and what this will do to his quasi support on modifying the CA helmet laws?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 09:58:22 AM »

It was in the news again this morning.  He's sure got a fat lip.

He says he's not going to give up riding motorcycles.......it's not an option!  He has also been riding all these years without a M1 (motorcycle endorsement) on his license so now he has to take the motorcycle test. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

West Coast GTG   

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 10:14:13 AM »

It was in the news again this morning.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 10:16:10 AM »

Here's his pic...

lucky1

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 12:56:12 PM »

In Ca. three wheels ,and you don't need a M1 class license.

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member
  • make it two yellows for me

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 02:50:46 PM »

I think it's time for Arnold to set a good example for his son and take an MSF rider course.  He was frequently seen with Jay Leno at The Rock Store, a biker hang out in the hills of Malibu on weekends prior to his Governorship duties.  Jay is frequently seen riding his jet turbine powered bike there also.

Yellowsedeuce

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 09:31:53 PM »

In Ca. three wheels ,and you don't need a M1 class license.

Valid point, while he's riding the bike with the side car (new for him) however, even he doesn't deny that he's ridden for years, on two wheels, without the motorcycle endorsement.  The ironic thing is that everywhere he goes, he's followed by the CHP and they didn't know that he didn't have a motorcycle endorsment.

He rode the bike home after the accident and then drove himself to the clinic to get stitched up.  Was firm about not giving up motorcycling.......even thow Maria hates it.  He said that she hates it when he snow skis fast, too. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

West Coast GTG   

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 09:49:18 PM »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 10:13:51 PM »

Right wrong or otherwise, only the dumbest speed cop would give his boss a ticket. I'd bet the Gov. exceeds the speed limit too. Life ain't fair. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

You know what Screamin, I'd give him a pass.  I don't care how bad they (politicians) want it.  The jobs still suck if they're not crooked.  This guy doesn't even take a salary.  He's gonna have patrol with him whenever he goes out anyway so if he is blowing some cobs out the highway is probably open.  It may be a double standard.  But it's one I can live with.

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2006, 12:44:29 AM »

Even if he was a three nosed alien from Venus riding a one wheeled twincam powered unicycle without an intergalactic motorcycle endorsement . . . . what would that have to do with not citing a negligent act committed by the SUV driver?
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 24 queries.